2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

Updated list:

18 days left until free agency. As far as I can tell from the roster on blue bombers.com and the free agent list on cfl.ca, here is where we are at:

Bold = confirmed signed

Plain = pending free agent

Italics = on roster, presumably signed but contract status not reported (any help to clarify would be appreciated)

Underlined = released

QB - D. Brown, Collaros, McGuire

RB - Augustine, Borsa, Harris, M. Miller, Oliveira

WR - Adams, Bailey, Demski, Grant, Jackson, Lawler, McKnight, O’Leary-Orange, Wolitarsky 

OL - Bryant, Burks, Couture, Desjarlais, Eli, Gray, Hardrick, Kolankowski, Neufeld, Richmond

DL - Antigua, Jeffcoat, Jefferson, Kongbo, Richardson, E. Rose, Sayles, Thomas, Walker, Wicker, Wilcots II

LB - Bighill, Briggs, K. Brown, Cadwaller, Gauthier, Hansen, Lowes, Maruo, Wilson

DB - Alexander, Alford, Darby, Ni. Hallett, No. Hallett, Hampton, Houston, Johnson, Jones, Kramdi, Matson, J. Miller, Nichols, W. Rose, Taylor, Thompson

K - Castillo, Crapigna, Liegghio, Mourtada

LS - Benson

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Couture is an interesting one. Idk what to expect. 

Best case scenario if Couture and desjarlais leave is Eli gets his 2nd shot and starts at center while gray starts at guard. 

I dont think Eli is playing in the CFL next year.

The GOAT is back. 

Bryant has signed

11 hours ago, Booch said:

Also...looking at some of the bargains we have gotten...looks like there is a team effort to take whats fair, and keep the band together...looking out for their brothers, cause even WJ's 225k is below what he coulda got elsewhere easily, and same with Jeffcoats 175k...thats a right steal!!

I expect Harris as well to come back in I bet the 175k range at top end...maybe with a games played incentive, he and everyone in league knows he is not a 200k guy like he was getting...he wont go anywhere else for a few sheckles more if he wants to keep playing...and from all accounts I have heard he's playing

Has a team ever signed a player to a contract and “stashed” them on the 6-week injured list? Player gets all his cash, team gets some SMS relief and you have a healthy rested AH33 for the final portion and the playoffs. 

Just now, GCJenks said:

Has a team ever signed a player to a contract and “stashed” them on the 6-week injured list? Player gets all his cash, team gets some SMS relief and you have a healthy rested AH33 for the final portion and the playoffs. 

That be a Rider trick...we don't need to go that route..

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

The White Men Can't Jump pic... 🤣🤣

Welcome back to..... Imma say it.... Greatest OL in CFL history!! 

You know I love the guys from yesteryear as they never get their due. I'm one fan who tries to do that but yeah, I have to agree. Stanley Bryant is just that. The GOAT from any era on any CFL team. I defy anyone to prove me wrong. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

45 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You know I love the guys from yesteryear as they never get their due. I'm one fan who tries to do that but yeah, I have to agree. Stanley Bryant is just that. The GOAT from any era on any CFL team. I defy anyone to prove me wrong. 

Best LT (SB) or best RT (Walby).... I take the LT. 

I could see couture hitting free agency and going to the highest bidder... nothing more than a random guess solely based on not seeing much media from him. Not sure how many more big names we can hold on to... need to make sure BA is back ...

Hes the next important player to me and judging by the way Danny mac and co can find secondary our defence would be good with what we currently have plus the new recruits 

Edited by CodyT

30 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I could see couture hitting free agency and going to the highest bidder... nothing more than a random guess solely based on not seeing much media from him. Not sure how many more big names we can hold on to... need to make sure BA is back ...

Hes the next important player to me and judging by the way Danny mac and co can find secondary our defence would be good with what we currently have plus the new recruits 

I could see it. He’s a young guy with no ties. Makes sense for him to maximize his value while he can. We’ve seen it with Chungh. Our OL is so sought after that teams overpay for our pieces.

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

It seems like the Bombers did this with Neufeld a few years ago. At minimum they sure didn't rush him into the line-up.

47 minutes ago, Booch said:

Couture has a team of ties..especially his coaches and 4 other starting linemates...he won't run away for a few extra bucks

I’m not saying it’s likely, but I wouldn’t be surprised. Obviously, we’ve had players leave before and we will again.