2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

2 minutes ago, itchy said:

Don't know if it was mentioned or noticed in another thread, but I noticed that avatar change. What a great reminder. Very touching. 

Thank you.  We were very different personality-wise but we shared a love for the Bombers.

I know he'd get a kick out of me using since I used to bug him about how terrible of a drawing I thought it was. 

On 2022-01-18 at 5:47 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Yeah, what a disappointment for us all how the Bombers decided “not to lose” so frequently with LaPo as their OC from 2016-2019, especially that “not lost” Grey Cup. 44-28, playoffs every year and 4-3 playoff record with a ring. Whole lotta not losing there. Bottom line, for all its “conservative” ball control and protection schemes, his Bomber teams put up 30 points on average, won rushing titles, won games and produced a championship. 

But I guess you’d prefer the high octane gunslinging big yardage of say a Trevor Harris offence, along with the 24.5 point average. That guy doesn’t throw check downs, he plays to win - except that he’s lost more than he’s won (39-41-2, 2-3 in the playoffs)  

Honestly, this whole “LaPo 

Actually the only game we lost due to kicking was the final game in Calgary with Castillo booting for us. Otherwise it was a non-factor in the loss column, and Liegghio and Mourtada each won us a game where kicking points made the difference. And of course Castillo in the Grey Cup. He should have been the MVP. 

more than what I wanted to pay, but kind of what the expectation was.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Surprised it was a 1 year for Collaros. I really thought, even if only for optics, it would be a minimum 2 year deal.... Just glad (tho not surprised) that he's back! 

I'm thinking some guys are only signing 1 year deals due to the CBA expiring this spring. 

Maybe there are some handshake deals with Walters to extend their contracts for 2023 if the SMS goes up.

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If they have the same agent, then maybe we got Collaros for an equally ridiculously low amount. That 160K for Bighill is honestly about 65K below what he could have commanded. Awaiting the cries of “money under the table to cheat the salary cap” from other teams. 

Screw them.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Thank you.  We were very different personality-wise but we shared a love for the Bombers.

I know he'd get a kick out of me using since I used to bug him about how terrible of a drawing I thought it was. 

Who are you referrring to? 

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Been doing that since about 5 minutes after I heard the news....boy the CR is tasting good tonight!  Can't wait for May!

Bob has become a real worry wart in retirement...lol...

From what I read & heard, the Bombers spent close to the floor than the ceiling in 2021 so I'm sure Walters knows what he's doing. 

3 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Kyle was on CJOB, said Bighill and Collaros have the same agent. I’m not surprised both got signed same day. 

Every time I hear the words CFL and "agent" I can't stop thinking of this guy:

And let's not forget ol' Gil, huh? The wolf's at old Gil's door. : The  Simpsons, TV comedy, Television : r/TheSimpsons

59 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

-30C out

-@$!#ing trash weather

-Had to get up early and work late

- Collaros re-signed

Overall, pretty good day

LOL - very similar day here in Kelowna (except for the -30C part).  This signing was what I needed!

Edited by kelownabomberfan