2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

I can finally say that I knew this was a 100% a done deal. I talked to Adam just before he went to Hawaii and although he didn’t say it outright that he was coming back you just knew it was a matter of time and dollars and there was nothing that was going to have him not sign. 
wish these deals were 2-3 year deals though lol. 

20 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I say that because that's the truth and my argument has been consistent despite folks trying to move the goal posts.

We lost to Hamilton, then Toronto, then squeaked by Calgary in Nichols last 3 full games. I don't call that dominance, but you and others do. If you want to see what actual dominance looks like, watch last years games. Besides, being good in the first third of the year doesn't define the whole year. In other words, the full season is a better look at the team than any other point in the season.

A truth is something that is based on facts. Your opinion is not necessarily the truth because often it is not based in facts. Being consistently wrong does not strengthen your argument or make it any truer. Just because YOU believe something to be true, does not make it so. It's called having an opinion and you're entitled to one but when people don't agree with it they are not necessarily wrong.

Edited by GCn20

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

And Bishop was 12 - 1 or whatever that one season he was so while QB is greatly important it doesn't completely translate in why a team is up and above compared to middle of the road.    

Look how terrible Collaros was in Saskatchewan playing behind a crap o-line and a crap system.   

Far more intangibles involved then simply a QB makes or breaks how good the O runs. 

Collaros was a cherry on the top, but also factor in some of the guys were new to our system and in 2021 after having time to develop they blossomed and also raised the bar on how good our O works (see: Bailey/Lawler)  

Nichols also was completely shot even in 2018 so it's a bit unfair to use him as a level to compare with.   2018/2019 Nichols is so far down in the ability to perform that guys like Masoli and Harris are light years ahead of being able to play QB.    

Long story short..... Zach is awesome....  if he leaves for whatever reason.... if we were to plug in a Harris/Masoli/Arbuckle/MBT to replace him... our O still would be formidable and those QB's would have the tools to also play at an optimal level.   

As long as our defence continues to hold teams to 12 pts a game we will be just fine if Collaros leaves. I want to go 18-0 next season and that won't happen without Collaros, but if I have to settle for 15-3 without him I can live with it.  I love Collaros and what he brings to the table, but I honestly believe that their are a few QBs that can lead our team to the promised land if necessary.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

As long as our defence continues to hold teams to 12 pts a game we will be just fine if Collaros leaves. I want to go 18-0 next season and that won't happen without Collaros, but if I have to settle for 15-3 without him I can live with it.  I love Collaros and what he brings to the table, but I honestly believe that their are a few QBs that can lead our team to the promised land if necessary.

A wise old sage (not T Burg) said, "Be careful what you wish for as it may come true". 

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Collaros up next.....that will be opening the flood gates for some choice signings😁

Unless we low ball him he will be back. He couldn't possibly be dumb enough to leave the situation he's in right now over a little bit of salary. We won't blow our brains out because Walters is smarter than that, but our bid will be competitive. If our bid is competitive and he chooses to leave then I will have to do a re-evaluation of my thoughts on his intelligence level.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

A wise old sage (not T Burg) said, "Be careful what you wish for as it may come true". 

Not wishing for anything. I strongly want the Zac Attack back. Just not in panic mode about it.

13 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I want the best QB its the position where you overspend to get the best and right now Zach is the best. I don't care how good the defense is QB play is the best determinate on record.

I want the best team we can possibly field. QB play is helpful but it is NOT the best determinate on record. The scoreboard is the best determinate and there is more than one way to get that stat in your favor. In the past 6 years the team with the top rated passer in the CFL has won the Grey Cup once. Last year. In that time frame 3 Grey Cups were won by QBs outside the top 3 rating in the league.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

C’mon ZC let’s make it a 3 peat. Need you here. You’ll never get as much love as you get from us BB diehards.

Don't sweat it, As long as we are in the ballpark in negotiations he will be back. Unless the Argos go full on crazy and offer him 800k or something dumb like that he will be back. I don't see that happening anywhere in the CFL right now. There has been a market correction happening at the QB position. Everyone is taking shaves. The days of the 700k QB are over for now, CFL teams have learned that success does not follow those contracts.

11 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

well duhhh...and what team doesn't?...where we have the edge, our resigns are top notch...a lot of teams need to upgrade, and that will cost them...resigning guys who are at their ceiling, or on downtrend and couldn't get it done for you last year, isn't a plan for success (looking at you Riders) 

Also...I bet if we chased a hot commodity in free agency, had some of the boys talk to him, we could sign em for a bit less to be part of this here, and be pretty much garuanteed top end of the playoff money...I not worried one bit about 2022 roster....and now have ultra faith in our scouting and player network....and what newbie wouldn't wanna consider coming to a back to back champ with it's core intact??

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

A truth is something that is based on facts. Your opinion is not necessarily the truth because often it is not based in facts. Being consistently wrong does not strengthen your argument or make it any truer. Just because YOU believe something to be true, does not make it so. It's called having an opinion and you're entitled to one but when people don't agree with it they are not necessarily wrong.

Facts: 2019: 4th in the league. 3rd in the West. Collaros beat Hamilton which neither of our other QB's could manage. Collaros didn't lose a game. We lost 4 of the last 5 games before Collaros got his first start. The blue kool aid chugging fans who are arguing that we were dominant are the ones without the facts on their side. 

13 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Facts: 2019: 4th in the league. 3rd in the West. Collaros beat Hamilton which neither of our other QB's could manage. Collaros didn't lose a game. We lost 4 of the last 5 games before Collaros got his first start. The blue kool aid chugging fans who are arguing that we were dominant are the ones without the facts on their side. 

Fact: YOU are the one moving the goal posts. No one said that pre-Collaros we were dominant. What was stated is we were better than mediocre. 

Fact: We were well above mediocre (1st place) until a season ending injury to our starting QB. We struggled, AS ANY TEAM WILL, behind our backup. Once Collaros came we went back to being above average.

Fact: Our defence was the main reason we won both the 2019 cup. Collaros just game managed because he had very limited time in our system up to that point.

Fact: No one is suggesting we were dominant at any point prior to 2021.  The argument was about your use of the term mediocre to describe the pre-Collaros 2019 Bombers. An assessment that NO ONE seems to have but you and one that is most certainly nothing more than opinion on your part. Ours too, but we will man up and at least admit it's our OPINION and it vastly differs from yours. I will take solace in the fact that the overwhelming majority reject your opinion as a clue as to how accurate it might be.

Fact: Our pre-Collaros TEAM was well above mediocre even after Nichols went down. I will cede that our QBing after Nichols injury and prior to Collaros left a lot to be desired but that's not the same as thing as calling the entire team mediocre. We were a very good team needing an upgrade at QB after injuries to both our starter and backup. It's that simple really.  

Edited by GCn20