2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

40 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Good for Alford… his story is pretty awesome. Wasn’t playing at all in 2020, lost all of his professional workouts.

CFL all star, Grey Cup champion, and now in the NFL. Great for him! 

The best true rookie db I've ever seen. First pro every thing in 2021. I hope he kills it down in Atlanta. 

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He's also not classified as a Global which I don't get.

I believe once you are declared as an imp you can't change. But a few guys in the league should be re classified as globals. 

Great for Alford, too bad about Lucky not to be a BB. 

all I’ve seen about a National is that the guy has to be a Canadian citizen at the time of signing their first CFL contract or practice agreement, and some other definitions further defined here: 

https://cfldb.ca/glossary/rosters/

I couldn’t pass a test on the designations at this point. 

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

We just knew Alford was a super find and that he had a good chance of signing down south...Well there he goes and good for him....We recruit well in the db department .....and if we bring enough talent north in the numbers we brought to camp last year, I'm sure we can find another diamond

Remember in game 1 when the chuckleheads on the panel were guffawing about the Bombers with 2 rookies in the secondary showing Alford barely miss an int in the endzone for that first touchdown. 

What tools.

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Remember in game 1 when the chuckleheads on the panel were guffawing about the Bombers with 2 rookies in the secondary showing Alford barely miss an int in the endzone for that first touchdown. 

What tools.

I remember thinking he got beat for two long passes in that game (one being the TD), but he had such tight coverage on both plays. Seemed a good'r right out of the gates.