2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

17 hours ago, JCon said:

No, just that he knows his value and he knows the value of Winnipeg. He's balancing two things but won't take an unnecessary discount. 

It's been reported Bighill took a $145k pay cut from projected $260K down to $115k last season, Walters isn't going to have enough change left over in his piggy bank to make that look right, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Further more, Jay Walker wore number 8 as a QB for the blue. Apparently he threw for four td passes in 2 games. 

There are a couple kickers that are free agents in the event Castillo isn’t available. Big Bede (an acronym that suits the BB) and Lauther. 

Bede has a monster leg but I'd take Lauther and his accuracy and consistency first.

Edited by Nolby

27 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Weird. Looking at his stats. He had 400 yards, 4 tds, completed 66 percent of his passes and zero interceptions and never played football again after that season. Does anyone know why his career ended so abruptly? I was too young at the time I couldn’t tell you anything about those late 90’s teams haha 

It's because he got inflated ego...and figured he was due money usually awarded to someone who averaged that a game...so he held out or something..and was punted

42 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It's been reported Bighill took a $145k pay cut from projected $260K down to $115k last season, Walters isn't going to have enough change left over in his piggy bank to make that look right, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Maybe they can give him a 100 thousand dollar bonus in his other “job” ;)

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Bighill gets a raise but can't see it being back to $260,000.

This season is sort of a payback for the prior season where, apparently due to lingering injury effects, he was less than stellar, but was paid the big dollars.

Edited by Tracker

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Maybe they can give him a 100 thousand dollar bonus in his other “job” ;)

I suspect this happens regularly. Maybe his day gig gets a donation from the club and they choose to give that gift to Biggie.... Something like that. Not sure how you'd handle it in the accounting, but something like that...

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Ba and biggie are critical to bring back. BA was extremely under rated in modp voting.  

Once that's done our d is in a good spot. We can fill db holes. 

I feel like we may well see change on the ol but it'll still be top tier. We are just too deep not to be. 

Bryant-Neufeld-Couture-Gray-Hardrick

but no Eli or Desjarlais is my bet.

3 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Weird. Looking at his stats. He had 400 yards, 4 tds, completed 66 percent of his passes and zero interceptions and never played football again after that season. Does anyone know why his career ended so abruptly? I was too young at the time I couldn’t tell you anything about those late 90’s teams haha 

If it’s the same guy, he went into politics. Was n the NFL before coming here. He’s in Politics in Maryland and has a side gig doing football analysis with ESPN. With a resume such as that, maybe he didn’t need the beatings from football. Good stats though. 

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If  Bo Levi Mitchell can take two paycuts in 2 seasons down from $700,000 a year then I think Walters & Biggie will come to an agreement. He's not stupid. He knows that the league has a hard cap & others want more $$ but that Walters will do what he can for him. Having said that, Walters has to make it right after that big a paycut. 

51 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Bede isn't a national.

One reason to go with the other. 
and here it’s says he’s an “A” https://www.argonauts.ca/roster/ like you say

Yet, and here it’s says he’s an “N”. https://www.footballdb.com/teams/cfl/toronto-argonauts/roster

And yup he’s born in France and went to Laval. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If  Bo Levi Mitchell can take two paycuts in 2 seasons down from $700,000 a year then I think Walters & Biggie will come to an agreement. He's not stupid. He knows that the league has a hard cap & others want more $$ but that Walters will do what he can for him. Having said that, Walters has to make it right after that big a paycut. 

Yes, but, earning potentials are drastically different. Bo going from 700k for a few hundred thousand is still a greater difference than Biggies maximum potential.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

It's because he got inflated ego...and figured he was due money usually awarded to someone who averaged that a game...so he held out or something..and was punted

Very possible you know this as a fact. 
Without question he has done exceptionally well after football, a legislator and a sport authority. So if his ask was a “I’ll take this or I'm walk”, then he gets the boot, it seems he avoided a whole lot of hurt, and potential brain injuries. It’s not the last time a player has chosen health over football. 

9 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Very possible you know this as a fact. 
Without question he has done exceptionally well after football, a legislator and a sport authority. So if his ask was a “I’ll take this or I'm walk”, then he gets the boot, it seems he avoided a whole lot of hurt, and potential brain injuries. It’s not the last time a player has chosen health over football. 

Booch is right and that was highly reported at the time as well. He wanted starter money to come back and had just over one game of playing time. He looked very, very good though and part of me still wonders if we didnt let a future HOFer walk off into the sunset.

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Booch is right and that was highly reported at the time as well. He wanted starter money to come back and had just over one game of playing time. He looked very, very good though and part of me still wonders if we didnt let a future HOFer walk off into the sunset.

Sounds like he didn’t want to play too badly. Interesting story.