2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

but here's the thing about the Riders roster: Who the **** are you going to pay big money to? Like, who's actually worth it? You could slightly overpay every person on that roster from what they're worth, and still come in under the cap. Their roster is **** and I stand by that. 

The Riders had 3 of the 10 highest paid DBs on their roster for 2021. The Bombers had no one on the list.

These are good times my friends, soak it up! Back to back champs and players wanting to come back. Not just good players, elite all-star type players who dont want to be anywhere else. Some willing to take pay cuts just to stay here. Far cry from the days where we couldnt get anybody to come here, even while offering more money! Fun times to be a Bomber fan! LETS GO BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!!!

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

winnipeg gonna win, crigina gonna cry. 

Hilarious though considering they are the reason why we have coaching staff caps, and theyve been punished like 4 seasons running for all kinds of crap. But still carry more guys on the IR and suspended list then the rest of the league combined. 

I mean, in fairness, if I was living in Regina I'd be feigning injury constantly too.

5 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The Riders had 3 of the 10 highest paid DBs on their roster for 2021. The Bombers had no one on the list.

When you have a skilled scouting staff and invite 20 guys to fill 2 spots you find cheap talent. Danny Mac will find guys. My favourite things is he call can Deion Sanders and can find guys. Danny Macs Rolodex goes pretty deep.

It's great to finally see us signing back some of the cornerstones that lead us to two straight Grey Cups. One thing I was trying to do was find a consolidated list of who we have signed for next season's camp that would update as new signings came in. I'm obviously following our new signings as they happen but I'm not 100% sure on which players have contracts that didn't expire for 2022. I had read that we had just one of these on offence (Demski) but I'm not sure about defence. Since I couldn't find one I thought I would do a very simplistic version right here that we could potentially update as players get signed. Something like this:

Blue Bombers under contract for 2022 camp/season:

Offence:

QB -

RB -

REC - Demski*, Blake Jackson

O-Line - Hardrick

FB/TE - 

Defence:

D-Line - Thomas*, Jefferson, Jeffcoat

LB -

DB/S - 

Special Teams

Kicker -

Punter -

Other -

* Denotes non-import

This is probably not a complete list and I was hoping people could fill in the blanks on who I am missing. Either that or post a link to somewhere that has the info already. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

It's great to finally see us signing back some of the cornerstones that lead us to two straight Grey Cups. One thing I was trying to do was find a consolidated list of who we have signed for next season's camp that would update as new signings came in. I'm obviously following our new signings as they happen but I'm not 100% sure on which players have contracts that didn't expire for 2022. I had read that we had just one of these on offence (Demski) but I'm not sure about defence. Since I couldn't find one I thought I would do a very simplistic version right here that we could potentially update as players get signed. Something like this:

Blue Bombers under contract for 2022 camp/season:

Offence:

QB -

RB -

REC - Demski*, Blake Jackson

O-Line - Hardrick

FB/TE - 

Defence:

D-Line - Thomas*, Jefferson, Jeffcoat

LB -

DB/S - 

Special Teams

Kicker -

Punter -

Other -

* Denotes non-import

This is probably not a complete list and I was hoping people could fill in the blanks on who I am missing. Either that or post a link to somewhere that has the info already. Thanks!

How could you forget Ali Mourtada?

This afternoon the analyst on the FCS division 1 football Championship game mentions…”the first time I ever saw a cup snake was at Winnipeg -home of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers”. The mention was because the NDSU fans were building a beer snake as the team had just scored their fifth TD to take the lead 35 - 0  over Montana State. Don’t know the analyst and can’t find his name. 

I don't know how to crop it but 3 down Monty posted on twitter "Hardrick,Jeffcoat and Jefferson all signed,next up Bighill" and Bighill liked the tweet. Take it for what it's worth but that's a positive sign. They may already be in negotiations,just tweaking his numbers, obviously deserves a better payday than last year,stay tuned??