2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

I don't want to lose Kongbo. You make a good point about every team sharing reps at DE. I still think he wants to be a starter and have a chance to put up bigger numbers.

Yup....I think tho if NFL doesnt pan out he will be back...Cnsidering we have Jeffcoat at a steal of a price, helps in bumping up Kongbo

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

Before MOS, Walsh was my favourite football coach. Doing things the right way. 

One of my favorites as well. And one of my very favorite football people. There is a bunch of great Xs and Os coaches im fascinated with and think very highly of (mcvay and the disciples of shanahan, lincoln riley, chip kelly, joe moorehead, ryan day etc) but guys like Walsh and mos who took Xs and Os to the next level and bring high level character top to bottom and package it with class is special.  We dont see it as much today with mos as he really lets his COs call the plays, but his teams coaching was next level. And his overhaul with hall on our defense part way through 19 was instrumental in our success. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup....I think tho if NFL doesnt pan out he will be back...Cnsidering we have Jeffcoat at a steal of a price, helps in bumping up Kongbo

It all depends on which kongbo shows up to NFL camp. If the king kongbo that was player late in the season and play offs shows up he's gone for good. If the kongbo that we saw prior in the season shows up he might sit on a pr and come back half way through the year at latest. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think Kongbo gets another NFL look and sticks down there for a bit.

Kongbo didn't light up the CFL with his play so far. He is good, but not great (IMO) and his biggest asset is his passport. He will probably sign with another CFL team desperate for homegrown talent.

Just now, Noeller said:

love it...Willie must have got a comfortable raise, which is great, if we can fit it under the cap. Great to have the fam in Wpg full time! 

From the reported number iirc its like 20k more a year. But who knows, willy could get a side job selling cars or working as a rep for an easy extra 100k a year. 

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Riderfans already calling us out on cap shenanigans, despite us only having like 10 players signed.

winnipeg gonna win, crigina gonna cry. 

Hilarious though considering they are the reason why we have coaching staff caps, and theyve been punished like 4 seasons running for all kinds of crap. But still carry more guys on the IR and suspended list then the rest of the league combined. 

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

From the reported number iirc its like 20k more a year. But who knows, willy could get a side job selling cars or working as a rep for an easy extra 100k a year. 

He's been in a commercial or two locally on tv,   I'm sure he can advertise for a few other local companies. 

27 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Riderfans already calling us out on cap shenanigans, despite us only having like 10 players signed.

well if they dont restructure Fajardo...And likely resign the ******..I mean Duke to a most likely stupid contract, that alnoe will put theirs into question...let alone if the are able to sign a free agent lineman to fix their steaming pile of an oline

Players have already gone on record here, and are saying in media they will take a bit less to stay here.....so cry me a river 4cupsonly

1 minute ago, Booch said:

well if they dont restructure Fajardo...And likely resign the ******..I mean Duke to a most likely stupid contract, that alnoe will put theirs into question...let alone if the are able to sign a free agent lineman to fix their steaming pile of an oline

Players have already gone on record here, and are saying in media they will take a bit less to stay here.....so cry me a river 4cupsonly

pAY dUKe whUteveR he wAnTZ! 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

2 Dinks, No Cups. 

but here's the thing about the Riders roster: Who the **** are you going to pay big money to? Like, who's actually worth it? You could slightly overpay every person on that roster from what they're worth, and still come in under the cap. Their roster is **** and I stand by that. 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

but here's the thing about the Riders roster: Who the **** are you going to pay big money to? Like, who's actually worth it? You could slightly overpay every person on that roster from what they're worth, and still come in under the cap. Their roster is **** and I stand by that. 

Yes true, but hosting the Grey Cup Events also requires following past practice and exceeding the CAP

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The only guy that could maybe will that team to win is michael reilly.  I dont think any cfl fa available turns them into a serious title contender.  They'd need to find a "the next guy".  Tecmo bowl bo jackson kinda of guy.