2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I don't if people really understand how much of big deal it is that the Bombers brought the cup down to Texas for Willie and Jackson. In my time I have never remember players outside Canada getting some time with the cup.

yup....thats outside the norm

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Stanley is a formality, he usually signs in the after a few others fall...as He is the kind of guy who will let others get signed first who need a bump...thats who he is..he's at the top of his payscale basically, so fair...is fair to him

You are right every year about this.

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I don't if people really understand how much of big deal it is that the Bombers brought the cup down to Texas for Willie and Jackson. In my time I have never remember players outside Canada getting some time with the cup.

It would require someone to go with the Cup everywhere, but every player should get a day with it like the Stanley Cup.

36 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Chris Jones brought the Cup with him back to the US a few years ago. TSN did a segment on TV about it. 

I wonder if the Bombers will put together a video of the Cups' trip to Texas.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Good point in there about building the team. It's not just the Canadian Mafia that built it, the players did too. They've taken ownership of this team and seem to consider it part of their responsibilities. It's the culture. 

The mafia is generally used to refer to the trinity of wade most and walters. But its really, really deep. danny mac, goveia, soo many players, coaches, and un sung franchise workers. The 01 team was a small group of mafioso, this team is a dynasty because they own the mafia standard top to bottom. Bill walsh talked about that in his book the score takes care of it self. That the day he took over he sat down with every one out side of football operations. He made sure that every thing, from the way the place was cleaned to how to phones were answered was done the 49er way. The mafia have done the exact same thing here. They didnt build a roster or a team, they built a franchise that would stand as a dynasty. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The mafia is generally used to refer to the trinity of wade most and walters. But its really, really deep. danny mac, goveia, soo many players, coaches, and un sung franchise workers. The 01 team was a small group of mafioso, this team is a dynasty because they own the mafia standard top to bottom. Bill walsh talked about that in his book the score takes care of it self. That the day he took over he sat down with every one out side of football operations. He made sure that every thing, from the way the place was cleaned to how to phones were answered was done the 49er way. The mafia have done the exact same thing here. They didnt build a roster or a team, they built a franchise that would stand as a dynasty. 

Before MOS, Walsh was my favourite football coach. Doing things the right way. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Darren Cameron ("The Consigliere" credit: Our Man Tait) is the massively important guy getting it done behind the scenes....

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Gotta Love Yosh's commitment....and u can bet..they all feel same way....I have no fears of us losing anyone to another cfl that we dont wanna lose

I don't want to lose Kongbo. You make a good point about every team sharing reps at DE. I still think he wants to be a starter and have a chance to put up bigger numbers.

Edited by Geebrr