2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Alford probably gone too. I could see Nichols getting a tc invite. 

If I was running an NFL team I'd give Lawler and rose a tc inv too. Low risk high reward guys with pro experience are better than the back end roster tcf. 

This is easily the most possible nfl jumpers we've seen in decades. Sergio could go Jeffcoat out side chance stove out side chance. Stove walker and Sayles all had really limited reps but have extremely desirable tool kits. Guys that size with that much power and speed are hard to find. Especially with a good motor and head on their shoulders. Heck even kongbo is a guy NFL teams should look at long and hard. His pedigree physical tools and team first mentality is gold. 

The ultimate sign of success in scouting in the cfl is finding young guys who move up quickly. The 2021 Grey Cup season is really a story of great young depth and shrewd moves. 

Jeffcoats window is done, Nichols probably too...as he will be 28 next yr and has been on active roster and had PR time...not sure what he has left if any

Pretty sure Rose now is either a game roster guy or nothing, and being 28 now is most likely not worth the investment, and as good as our other D-line guys are, I not worried about them...only extended absence I worry about is Desjarlais...maybe Alford...small school..small size...odds are stacked..may be a Rose type absence

3 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Wicker is an interesting signing. Had a good college career. He was up to 315 pounds while in the NFL. I’m thinking he’ll have to shed some weight since he only stands around 6’2.

Well Stove is around 305 and stands 5'10"...315 for an athletic 6'2" tackle works just fine for me 🙂

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Well Stove is around 305 and stands 5'10"...315 for an athletic 6'2" tackle works just fine for me 🙂

Same here.  If he has athleticism, he’d be a nightmare to deal with.

Stove is a freak of nature.  Jerome Haywood had somewhat similar measurables… I think he was 5’8” and around 300 lbs, but a slightly different physique.

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Same here.  If he has athleticism, he’d be a nightmare to deal with.

Stove is a freak of nature.  Jerome Haywood had somewhat similar measurables… I think he was 5’8” and around 300 lbs, but a slightly different physique.

Walls, Haywood, Brown, Canada

They were a good DL when firing on all cylinders.  But the guys we have now are better. 

Who was the guy next to Brown when Ritchie was HC?

19 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Wicker is an interesting signing. Had a good college career. He was up to 315 pounds while in the NFL. I’m thinking he’ll have to shed some weight since he only stands around 6’2.

So....he would be the Wicker Man?

54 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He had a bunch of starts on both Ends for the als. Linemen playing both ways is soo crazy. He loved it too. Such an animal. 

Fun fact inoke breckterfield is a pretty good dl coach in the ncaa. 

one of my all time favourite CFL names..... my last Fantaseh team name before they shut that site down was "The Inoke Breckterfield All Stars"....