2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Love them Hallett boys!! 

Hell of a football player the both of em. I find it wild how many teams pass on guys like them and thiadric Hansen. All they are is great tough football players. Never mind position or measurables put them on the field and they will find ways to make plays while improving every day. 

5 hours ago, CodyT said:

Desjarlais has a workout for the pats according to sb nation

This hurts and is bittersweet,I cheer for the Patriots but I don't see him cracking that Oline but I've seen Bill bench starters for backups,who knows.

Edited by Nolby

On 2021-12-28 at 2:56 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:
The Bombers win B2B Grey Cups. Collaros is MOP. He's a CFL All Star. We had the highest scoring offense. We went 11-3. Lawler was the leading receiver in the CFL & the only pass catcher to have over a thousand yards. He was also a CFL All Star & our qb only has 4 "Big Time Throws" during the regular season & none in the playoffs or Grey Cup?

Yet Massoli who threw the ball for The Pick in OT had 12??? WTH is this about other than to try & discredit what the Bombers did from a Hamilton cry baby? Chris "Fricking" Evans had 2??? Hamilton media & fans will always be bitter about how we stole what should have been rightfully theirs. They'll never give us credit where credit is due. Makes our victory even sweeter.

I'm not sure what his definition of "big time" is (a large clock, perhaps)... but that TD strike to Adams in Grey Cup OT was pretty "big time" IMO

On 2022-01-03 at 7:17 AM, kelownabomberfan said:

That team getting on the bus are the "Barleyjacks", who are all quitting their league to "try their luck in the CFL". At least we got a shout out instead of the Riders...

One of the best. Ole Gil....almost makes a sale...

The unintentional hilarity of the Simpsons clip is that their defence is getting torched by Springfield, so the defence quits en masse mid-game to go try their luck in the CFL with the Blue Bombers - as if there were in any holes in our defence last year they would be a replacement for. One of the greatest defensive units in CFL history. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Desjarlais was the one guy who I figured we had most risk to lose, at least until mid season....guess we will see

Alford probably gone too. I could see Nichols getting a tc invite. 

If I was running an NFL team I'd give Lawler and rose a tc inv too. Low risk high reward guys with pro experience are better than the back end roster tcf. 

This is easily the most possible nfl jumpers we've seen in decades. Sergio could go Jeffcoat out side chance stove out side chance. Stove walker and Sayles all had really limited reps but have extremely desirable tool kits. Guys that size with that much power and speed are hard to find. Especially with a good motor and head on their shoulders. Heck even kongbo is a guy NFL teams should look at long and hard. His pedigree physical tools and team first mentality is gold. 

The ultimate sign of success in scouting in the cfl is finding young guys who move up quickly. The 2021 Grey Cup season is really a story of great young depth and shrewd moves. 

18 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The unintentional hilarity of the Simpsons clip is that their defence is getting torched by Springfield, so the defence quits en masse mid-game to go try their luck in the CFL with the Blue Bombers - as if there were in any holes in our defence last year they would be a replacement for. One of the greatest defensive units in CFL history. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  Not sure if this is a great reference for the Bombers if it's implying that they would make the team.

On 2022-01-02 at 9:23 PM, 17to85 said:

They say Blue Bombers yet their pants are clearly green... boy I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder

It's because these players are leaving mid-game and they're wearing the uniform of the team that's getting shellacked by Springfield... so they're getting on the Bombers bus to try their luck in the CFL... little do they know, these chumps wouldn't even be good enough for TCF on this squad! 😂