2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

26 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've heard that Eli won't be back. Apparently guys where pretty disappointed with him and there has been little to no contact since the WF.

It's too bad, really talented guy. Who I thought they'd bring back regardless of vax status. But looks like both parties are moving on.

good. **** that guy

My understanding is that the canadian government will not allow athletes to cross the border without vaccines going forward.

It would be tough to lose him but its not a forgone conclusion that we'd be able to keep him anyways. There would be a team giving him a raise and a starting position this season. 

Edited by Colin Unger

46 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've heard that Eli won't be back. Apparently guys where pretty disappointed with him and there has been little to no contact since the WF.

It's too bad, really talented guy. Who I thought they'd bring back regardless of vax status. But looks like both parties are moving on.

If he won't get vaxxed he is useless to us or any other team really unless travel restrictions are lifted by July.

Edited by GCn20

45 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't want him here either.

You quit on your team and fans. Someone is welcome to trade for him because he is suspended.

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Have we had Wilcots before?

He was one of our final cuts at camp this year.

From a TC report by Ed Tait:

There are four import defensive tackles who are also jumping out in Casey Sayles, the 6-3, 289-pounder who has experience in both the XFL and AAF; Ezekiel Rose, who starred at West Virginia; Cedric Wilcots II, who was spotted by Bombers scouts at the College Gridiron Showcase in 2020 after a superb career at New Mexico State, as well as Ricky Walker, who has been in camp with both Dallas and Cleveland.

Edited by bigg jay
Added quote.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

My understanding is that the canadian government will not allow athletes to cross the border without vaccines going forward.

It would be tough to lose him but its not a forgone conclusion that we'd be able to keep him anyways. There would be a team giving him a raise and a starting position this season. 

These restrictions shouldn't effect Eli as he is CDN., they may be able to delay his return pending Covid status but I don't believe they can prevent it.  As far as I know his home is in Hawaii, which in itself is a a very good reason to never come back.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Which does not make him a reliable athlete.

Hate to break it to you but if the Bombers or any other CFL team were to get rid of the pot heads there wouldn't be many players left.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

These restrictions shouldn't effect Eli as he is CDN., they may be able to delay his return pending Covid status but I don't believe they can prevent it.  As far as I know his home is in Hawaii, which in itself is a a very good reason to never come back.

Those won't but inability to play away games make it a pretty tough signing for any CFL team.

3 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Saw it on TSN last weekend. Dino was born as Dino Crocetti. ANOTHER coincidence is that the Crocetti name and the Collaros name both start with a “C”. It gets even weirder after that and goes on and on. 
Maybe you just think you “stumbled” on a “random fact”. There are other forces at play. I’m not kidding. 

I'm just waiting for Noeller to chime in about Zach's Italian heritage....he's a dirty Greek!

4 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

The club has added the following players to the roster:

• Dru Brown (QB)

• Cedric Wilcots (DL)

• Mike Hampton (DB)

📝 » bit.ly/3pGUe9s

#ForTheW Canada Life Co

The same Dru Brown that could not hold a football? That was the ugliest start of a QB i have ever seen but who knows???? They still sell stick em??😉

6 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

As they should. He put himself ahead of the team. Everybody else was vaccinated. Even the ones that didn't want to. Except him. People can say that's his right as it's his choice. The Bombers can say it's their right to release him as it's the team's choice. Works both ways. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Reinbold declines to return to the Ti-Cants.

He has a gig as an NFL commentator with Sky Sports in London, England. He may want to spend more time with that. He's also 64 & may have decided that coaching in the CFL isn't for him anymore. It doesn't sound like he's retiring, though.