2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

39 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The NFL OT format sucks. A team that scores a TD on the 1st possession automatically wins. The other team doesn't even get a chance. So Roger Goodell like. 

The NFL format is good and it isn't. A team that scores on an opening drive deserves the win,they're paid to score points and the defense is paid very well to stop them(I know it's captain obvious but it's the truth). I don't like the idea of starting at the 35 yard line,would like to see them maybe move the ball back to the 50 so they're not starting automatically in field goal range.

21 minutes ago, Nolby said:

The NFL format is good and it isn't. A team that scores on an opening drive deserves the win,they're paid to score points and the defense is paid very well to stop them(I know it's captain obvious but it's the truth). I don't like the idea of starting at the 35 yard line,would like to see them maybe move the ball back to the 50 so they're not starting automatically in field goal range.

Maybe both teams have shitty af defences? Then it just comes down to the coin flip. Hypothetically both teams could very easily score on the first drive. Football is a team game and NFL rules takes half the team out.

CFL rules does the best in taking the coin flip out of the equation. And also gives both defenses and offenses an opportunity to play.

I wouldn't mind moving the ball back for CFL rules as well though. 

8 hours ago, Nolby said:

Nope, I'll take our OT format over the NFL's. The winner of the coin toss down there is statistically the winner.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nope, I'll take our OT format over the NFL's. The winner of the coin toss down there is statistically the winner.

Honestly I'm fine with the current OT format... if anything was to be changed, I'd say just don't allow field goals... but honestly I think the current format is a good balance between making sure you end up with a victor, and not just having the winner be the team that won the toss.

11 hours ago, Nolby said:

I would appreciate the NFL format more if they didn't allow FGs in OT. Then you would at least have to earn the win on offence and not just get 3 first downs to win.....or move the first down sticks to 15 yards....something...too easy for a team with 4 downs to go 30 -35 yards and kick a FG.

I think Dane Evans & Jeremiah Massoli would be crazy to sign new deals before free agency. Teams will jump on them. More Evans than Massoli but wowx with all the FA qbs you have to figure it'll be crazy the first day of free agency. I can see Chris Jones wanting to sign his qb so he may release Arbuckle & Cornelius. I think Collaros will sign here but we need our Hoggies back to protect him. 

7 hours ago, Nolby said:

I'm guessing this currency would be hand gestures and mean faces?!!

What about starting to pay players in BitCoin?  Would that circumvent the salary cap?

I was looking at some random trivia today and I stumbled on the random fact that Zach Collaros and Dean Martin are from the same home town, Steubenville Ohio.  Did anyone else know that?

33 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Or Morgan Freeman.

"We don't even know why they're doing it...."

- paraphrased from March of the Penguins 

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was looking at some random trivia today and I stumbled on the random fact that Zach Collaros and Dean Martin are from the same home town, Steubenville Ohio.  Did anyone else know that?

That's it - I'm done trying to keep up with you. 

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Saw it on TSN last weekend. Dino was born as Dino Crocetti. ANOTHER coincidence is that the Crocetti name and the Collaros name both start with a “C”. It gets even weirder after that and goes on and on. 
Maybe you just think you “stumbled” on a “random fact”. There are other forces at play. I’m not kidding. 

Edited by Rod Black