2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

11 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

IMO, that ovetime format is Horse **** , play sudden death. Period.

Charlie Murphy Wrong GIF - Charlie Murphy Wrong Not Right - Discover &  Share GIFs

50 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Without Ferguson telling us what constitutes a big time throw it is impossible to say that he is favoring anyone. For instance, if it is a TD throw when trailing late in a game then I could see a ton of QBs ahead of Collaros on the list. We rarely trailed in the 4th.

I agree. Ferguson should've explained what constitutes a "big time throw," though. There is no clarity or context whatsoever, leaving those who read his tweet to guess or wonder.

38 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

So done with wondering what this hack meant.

Clearly, he has no metric to apply to this big time throw statement. 

All I can think is its some garbage about throwing on the run and generating a long score. He probably counted that roll out throw throw to duke that was 95% duke running for the score after a 10 yard pass. 

Collaros threw the biggest td of the season, and in 18 games only came up short once. (going back to 19.) He's just trying too hard to pump the tires on fajardo and some tired old qbs. Any one who thinks that MBT had as many big throws as collaros in 2021 is out of their damned mind. 

Derek Taylor, when he posts its usually a legit stat that is explained. For example, he had a great breakdown of Cody Fajardo's success on various types of throws or when he posted that Winnipeg was the best at defending passes under 10 yards. Ferguson's work on the other hand has no explanation or context and comes across as made up junk. If he wants to become a stats guru he needs to show his work. Have to give him an F.

Why anyone cares what a 'big time throw' is and pouts cuz we didn't get enough of them is beyond stupid.

None of us on this forum did anything other than watch our team win. This constant whining, puffing out our chests and saying how great we are, and taking shots at the Riders is juvenile.

letterkenny-coach.gif

Edited by TBURGESS

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Why anyone cares what a 'big time throw' is and pouts cuz we didn't get enough of them is beyond stupid.

None of us on this forum did anything other than watch our team win. This constant whining, puffing out our chests and saying how great we are, and taking shots at the Riders is juvenile.

Agree in principle.  It's a little annoying though,  when after back to back cups. The so-called professional journalists can't bring themselves to put a little respect on the Bombers name.

26 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

Agree in principle.  It's a little annoying though,  when after back to back cups. The so-called professional journalists can't bring themselves to put a little respect on the Bombers name.

I couldn’t care less. If anything gives us another chip on the shoulder next season. The league obviously wants to hype up interest with the other teams in the league so that it doesn’t look so lopsided I don’t blame the media and the CFL’s best interest in that regard better for us if anything. You don’t think all that talk about Hamilton having a super team in 2021 after we beat them in 2019 gave us that extra chip on the shoulder? We absolutely kicked them in week one. The worst thing a team can do is believe the hype. 

32 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

letterkenny-coach.gif

Agreed. Glad our team doesn't allow this stuff to get into their head like it does to some fans. Honestly IDGAF what journalists want to write. Some around here seem to think that we have all the best players and we make all the best plays and anything less is a slight to our team. After two Grey cups in a row let's not be that fan base. I know we're not there yet but it's best to check ourselves

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

And then the toss is more important than anything else? No sudden death in the cfl is not the answer. The mini games are fine, but i would move the starting point back so a team actually has to make some plays to be in scoring range.

Absolutely this. Move them back to the 45 or 50 to be on the extreme edge of a makeable field goal if the team can’t move the ball, and any losses via a sack or other great defensive play are now magnified. And keep the two point requirement on the convert as well. But give each team one possession. The Falcons-Patriots OT in the Super Bowl where the Falcon offence never even got a sniff because they lost a coin toss was the worst possible way to end a game

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Derek Taylor, when he posts its usually a legit stat that is explained. For example, he had a great breakdown of Cody Fajardo's success on various types of throws or when he posted that Winnipeg was the best at defending passes under 10 yards. Ferguson's work on the other hand has no explanation or context and comes across as made up junk. If he wants to become a stats guru he needs to show his work. Have to give him an F.

I tweeted out to Ferguson to get him to explain the definition of the stat. No response so far. Best I can figure from the numbers he did put out and the QBs listed, based on the game stats, is that a “big time throw” was a pass completion of over 45 yards in the regular season, and a pass completion of over 35 yards in the playoffs. Not sure why he’d change the criteria for the playoffs other than to get Masoli added to the list (he had a 36 yard completion in the Grey Cup game, his longest of the post season - which was a swing pass that had 36 YAC yards and is much more a receiver play rather than a “big time pass”). By the way, Collaros was not considered “big time” since his longest completion was “only” 34 yards in the playoffs. 

So really still not much context to the stat. Doesn’t take into account the success rate of those long passes (Fajardo or Reilly who throw up the long 50/50 balls may have more overall completions but a lower completion rate than a Collaros who picks his spots). Collaros had only 4 completions of over 45 yards in the regular season, but on passes over 20 yards (according to the CFL record book, which used 20+ yards as it’s “big play” metric) he had the most completions, touchdowns, and highest efficiency rating (a ridiculous 152.8) in the entire league. So the cutoff point is totally subjective too.

Of course, Ferguson could not even be bothered to explain any of this. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

50 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I tweeted out to Ferguson to get him to explain the definition of the stat. No response so far. Best I can figure from the numbers he did put out and the QBs listed, based on the game stats, is that a “big time throw” was a pass completion of over 45 yards in the regular season, and a pass completion of over 35 yards in the playoffs. Not sure why he’d change the criteria for the playoffs other than to get Masoli added to the list (he had a 36 yard completion in the Grey Cup game, his longest of the post season - which was a swing pass that had 36 YAC yards and is much more a receiver play rather than a “big time pass”). By the way, Collaros was not considered “big time” since his longest completion was “only” 34 yards in the playoffs. 

So really still not much context to the stat. Doesn’t take into account the success rate of those long passes (Fajardo or Reilly who throw up the long 50/50 balls may have more overall completions but a lower completion rate than a Collaros who picks his spots). Collaros had only 4 completions of over 45 yards in the regular season, but on passes over 20 yards (according to the CFL record book, which used 20+ yards as it’s “big play” metric) he had the most completions, touchdowns, and highest efficiency rating (a ridiculous 152.8) in the entire league. So the cutoff point is totally subjective too.

Of course, Ferguson could not even be bothered to explain any of this. 

See you'd get an A because you explain your work. Great post.

48 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Only stat that matters to me 

Back to back Champs  

By definition we have been the best 2 years in a row *not counting canceled season 

Personally I look it as back to back to back. 

I think most reasonable people see it as back to back.

BTW, I still can't believe I survived a year without CFL football.

They way I see it..Collaros led league in TD throws... efficiency....wins...2 grey cups...is what..18-2...as a starter with us....minimal interceptions other than the wtf going on In playoffs

So basically...musta made a lot of bigtime throws....and was top of his league as he did win a reward did he not? Haha

6 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

letterkenny-coach.gif

There is absolutely nothing embarrassing about a Bomber fan taking shots at the Riders. Good gravy man...think before you type.

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

And then the toss is more important than anything else? No sudden death in the cfl is not the answer. The mini games are fine, but i would move the starting point back so a team actually has to make some plays to be in scoring range.

Fans & TSN don't want games to drag to almost 4 hours so hence the format. They want one team toscore quick & get off the field. They just gotta show us the New Kids On The Block from fresh from Ryerson on Sports Desk.