2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The bolded part is the most important part of your point. Almost does not = clutch.

Well he did drive the whole field... the "almost" part can be credited to a great play by Nichols... nevertheless, the other guys and their traits mentioned in the post were objectively bad... I'll give Masoli some credit for a good game in the GC (but only b/c he lost in the end)

30 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Masoli almost drove the entire field for a Grey Cup winning TD against the best defense the league has seen in years and into heavy winds... I wouldn't lump the "Masoli clutch factor" with those other guys. 

And then tossed the game sealing pick. Which is what he frequently does. 

16 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Well he did drive the whole field... the "almost" part can be credited to a great play by Nichols... nevertheless, the other guys and their traits mentioned in the post were objectively bad... I'll give Masoli some credit for a good game in the GC (but only b/c he lost in the end)

Semantics aside. You CAN'T be clutch if you don't get it done.

36 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The guy is very hot and cold... he would make a perfect back up though.  A guy who can step in and light it up if he's on.   

100 percent. I'd love to have that guy as collaros back up. Any team would be lucky to have him as no2. I feel like he and Dane are both gonna leave Hamilton. And with the current state of qbs both be qb1. 

Kinda funny the Bombers were heavily tied to Masoli a few times. If the collaros turn around never happened he'd prolly be our qb. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

100 percent. I'd love to have that guy as collaros back up. Any team would be lucky to have him as no2. I feel like he and Dane are both gonna leave Hamilton. And with the current state of qbs both be qb1. 

Kinda funny the Bombers were heavily tied to Masoli a few times. If the collaros turn around never happened he'd prolly be our qb. 

And he's unvaxxed so McGuire would have to start the cup game 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Masoli is un vaxxed? How did he play the east final? That's messed up if true. 

The team traveled as a unit by bus, which is permitted.  If they had to fly somewhere he wouldn't have been allowed to,  so Hamilton got extremely lucky that the rules, unintentionally,  favored them greatly. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

According to Tait's latest piece, Alford, Nichols, Desjarlais and Lawler all attracting NFL interest.

Desjarlais should get a solid NFL look. Teams are always looking for lineman, I think he has the skills to stick also. The only thing that might go against him is his height. He would probably have to move to centre. 

I think the two DBs also have a decent shot. I am always a little hesitant with the slot back to nfl transition that Lawler would have to make. Having the waggle is a big advantage especially for guys that might not be explosive. His 4.60 fourty time 5 years ago kind of shows that is him. I would expect him to maybe get a look but if he does I think he would be a guy that ends up north of the border again next year. 

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Poop.

Yeah, but we lost Sayles and Rose in 2019 and Walters found Alford and Nichols to more than adequately replace them. We have stockpiled Grey and Tui on our o-line as back-ups who could slide in. And if Lawler goes, maybe that frees up cash to take a run at bringing Lucky Whitehead back (his West Final appearance in the stands has me hopeful he is pining to come back).

All in all, my faith in Walters’ and our scouting staff’s track records have me less concerned than I might otherwise be. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever