2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

54 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not carrying a qb on the roster means he gets PR money as he doesn't dress. 

They can pay a 3rd string QB on PR, the same as an active roster QB.  There's a minimum salary for the PR but nothing stopping a team from paying more than that.  It all counts against cap either way.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

I can’t see Mike O’Shea leaving for Edmonton. He made a commitment through 2022 and I think that means something to him. He’s not Chris Jones.

From the Insiders article on 3D Nation.

Also, MOS said he was coming back for 2022 at the GC celebration. 

I think Arash was looking to get his name out there.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

The CBA expires before training camp. So, not only is the shortest offseason ever (hooray!!) but the league and the PA need to negotiate a new deal with the pandemic still hanging over us and the impact that has had on the finances of the league. 

Godspeed to the negotiators. 

Both sides have to do what's best for the league. It's time for egos to be put aside & make changes that benefit everyone. 

13 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Good for him to get the opportunity... he's earned it. He's been a great Scout/AGM for us, and I'd hate to lose him, but he's earned a shot. 

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

And I would rather be in that position than hoping to get everyone else's leftover.

Very true.  I just hope we don't lose too many vital parts of the machine that has kept the steady flow of quality players coming in for several years now.  Number one on the list for me would be a QB.  We can't ride the Zach train forever, or wait and hope that Strevs' NFL aspirations finally end.