2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If people knew who all read this site, the things they say would probably change in a hurry. Virtually all of the Winnipeg based CFL writers are lurkers, and I suspect some players and their families. There are a LOT of lurkers that people don't realize are here.

If you need more proof, Derek Taylor used "mollywhopped" during his show this week.

Hi, DT. I actually think you are a good guy, but you have been told that your opinion needs to fit the mandate. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I really liked the way CF developed during the season. Riders are lucky to have him. True leader. 

I guarantee you that he reads this site.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

If you need more proof, Derek Taylor used "mollywhopped" during his show this week.

Hi, DT. I actually think you are a good guy, but you have been told that your opinion needs to fit the mandate. 

I really hope he doesn't. Like really, who cares what the fans (and not even your own) think? Your crowd cheers you, enjoy that, but we're just hacks (with some exceptions). 

Just now, Noeller said:

in fairness, the Molly Whopped thing started with Milt on the TSN panel, then I think I started using it after that, and it sorta caught on with a few of us......so DT *MAY* have got it from Milt...

I can honestly tell you I did not know any of that, but fair enough 😄

Just now, JCon said:

I meant CF. For the media, it makes sense because they can't keep up on everything and even random fans pick up stuff. 

Ahh I see.

Agreed

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hahaha, you're a beauty, @Booch😆

Like this ****...this is from the Riders to put the message out there.

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Ryland Wickman's dad did as well I believe.

I am also positive Benefield did.

Wah55... good dude, who is responsible for Charlie Roberts becoming a Bomber. Should have had Frito, as well, but narrowly missed on that. He (Wah) was Taman's connection at Sac State...

Can't forget chuckdiesel1 and MikeSellers, who both popped on here and there.... but Kamau and Stanford Samuels (SammySam) were the most active during those times. It was directly because of that, that The Extra Point came into existence. They didn't want their players going on this random fansite....wanted something that was directly run/moderated by the team. 

Edited by Noeller

54 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Cody Fajardo disagree reacted to this post. 

51 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hahaha, you're a beauty, @Booch😆

Oakman and Alford are worlds better than any rider. I'd take oakman in my sleep. Don't care who is on the roster or where he plays. You take that guy with out question. 

Oakman and stove would be the best dt tandem in the league in the last 2 decades. I'm a huge Jeffcoat fan but between the two I'd take Oakman at the same money. 

11 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Ryland Wickman's dad did as well I believe.

I am also positive Benefield did.

Bene was great. I'm blue I'm gold I'm really fricken cold lol 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wah55... good dude, who is responsible for Charlie Roberts becoming a Bomber. Should have had Frito, as well, but narrowly missed on that. He (Wah) was Taman's connection at Sac State...

Can't forget chuckdiesel1 and MikeSellers, who both popped on here and there.... but Kamau and Stanford Samuels (SammySam) were the most active during those times. It was directly because of that, that The Extra Point came into existence. They didn't want their players going on this random fansite....wanted something that was directly run/moderated by the team. 

Plops wife though idk if that was confirmed. But another player wife was on here and had a real meltdown too. 

A few pr guys as well. Hugh Smith a tiny wr with insane speed and no hands.

Too bad I bet willy would be fantastic on here. He's kinda like the modern rod hill. 

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Cody Fajardo disagree reacted to this post. 

Oakman and Alford are worlds better than any rider. I'd take oakman in my sleep. Don't care who is on the roster or where he plays. You take that guy with out question. 

Oakman and stove would be the best dt tandem in the league in the last 2 decades. I'm a huge Jeffcoat fan but between the two I'd take Oakman at the same money. 

Bene was great. I'm blue I'm gold I'm really fricken cold lol 

Plops wife though idk if that was confirmed. But another player wife was on here and had a real meltdown too. 

A few pr guys as well. Hugh Smith a tiny wr with insane speed and no hands.

Too bad I bet willy would be fantastic on here. He's kinda like the modern rod hill. 

Funny. I have a game worn (or likely a practice worn) Hugh Smith jersey I got in a huge lot of jerseys from a friend of mine. Had no idea who he was. 

There was a training camp QB who had an ... uncle? ... on here ... IIRC the QB made a splash in a preseason game and was very briefly the next big thing, but I think he got cut...wish I could remember his name.  I think this was early in the Canadian Mafia era...

Edit: Justin Holland.  It was his dad, not his uncle.  That was in freaking 2007.  Fourteen years ago.  good lord I'm old.

Edited by johnzo

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I might need to modify my posting.

I remember Khari's Dad on ourbombers. Classy man and great poster.

Sanford Samuels posted on OB, did he not? Feel like I posted something that pissed him off.

Robert Bean's wife was on here for awhile too, until we started trashing him, and then she got pretty nasty.

3 hours ago, CodyT said:

Robert bean and his wife posted on ourbombers too

I used to chat with Khari's Dad on facebook years ago. Khari knew I was as well. He told me Khari's story. He was a very nice man. We had some interesting discussions as I recall. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Had to share this from Riderfans: 

I disagree on the receivers. All things being equal and healthy, I don't think Lawler is a number one or two on the Riders. KSB/Lenius are very competitive with Demski/Wolitarski.

And they wonder why they've only won 4 Grey Cups... Lol. 

A rational Rider fan??? I almost fell off my chair! From CFL.CA regarding the All-Star selections:

GorramBatman

Even as a Rider fan, I can honestly say the Riders grossly over-achieved this season. They really didn't deserve to win as many games as they did. It stings that none of them cracked the All-Star roster but frankly, I don't know if any of them deserved it more than the ones who did make it.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I used to chat with Khari's Dad on facebook years ago. Khari knew I was as well. He told me Khari's story. He was a very nice man. We had some interesting discussions as I recall. 

I’ve always had the impression Khari was a good guy. Hearing that his Pa was a good guy strengthens that opinion. That’s a nice story. 

Just now, Rod Black said:

I’ve always had the impression Khari was a good guy. Hearing that his Pa was a good guy strengthens that opinion. That’s a nice story. 

Khari coached young qbs in Calgary at a Multi Sports training facility for a couple of years after he retired. He told me then that he wanted to be absolutely certain he didn't want to play anymore before he would pursue coaching opportunities. He did want to coach at the NCAA or CFL level & he was just biding his time. Meanwhile, my son learned from him as a high school qb. He was a great guy. Most former pros are btw. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

I really hope he doesn't. Like really, who cares what the fans (and not even your own) think? Your crowd cheers you, enjoy that, but we're just hacks (with some exceptions). 

Thanks for the deference.

10 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

A rational Rider fan??? I almost fell off my chair! From CFL.CA regarding the All-Star selections:

GorramBatman

Even as a Rider fan, I can honestly say the Riders grossly over-achieved this season. They really didn't deserve to win as many games as they did. It stings that none of them cracked the All-Star roster but frankly, I don't know if any of them deserved it more than the ones who did make it.

WOW! He had best start planning what to do with the pending load of manure coming his way.