2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

Here are some players I think we could lose and why I believe that is so... and I'm not saying we will lose any or all of these guys... just some thoughts for discussion:

Alford: NFL shot
Taylor: retirement or team moves on 
Briggs: retirement
Kongbo: NFL shot or big CFL contract
Jeffcoat: big CFL contract (I'm talking like 50k more than we're offering)
Thomas: retirement
Desjarlais: NFL shot
Bryant: retirement (though my thoughts on that have since changed and I expect him back in 2022)
Neufeld: retirement
Collaros: retirement (I don't think this will happen but others have made a compelling case)
Harris: retirement (I'm expecting him back for one more go in 2022)
Adams: retirement
Bailey: possible another team opens up the vault to make him their #1 guy

best case scenario... I'm wrong about all of these :D

Edited by bearpants

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Here are some players I thinks we could lose and why I believe that is so... and I'm not saying we will lose any or all of these guys... just some thoughts for discussion:

Alford: NFL shot possible, tho being slight and from small school tends to be a negative..they may want more file..ie another yr
Taylor: retirement or team moves on i have same sentiment, tho I think it depends on if we lose Alford...if he is gone..I think Nik gets camp invite..dude is still good,possible paycut
Briggs: retirement For him yet retirement or here...I lean toward here...
Kongbo: NFL shot or big CFL contract He will be here, or B.C...Not sure NFL is an option, but if is and he a late season cut. He's comes back here
Jeffcoat: big CFL contract (I'm talking like 50k more than we're offering) He's already going into contract #3..so is making decent coin, so bump will be manageable..plus he dont wanna leave
Thomas: retirement I can see that
Desjarlais: NFL shot Thats the one olineman I can see with the NFL opp....if none comes...he's back..CDN lineman are gold
Bryant: retirement (though my thoughts on that have since changed and I expect him back in 2022) He will be back...bank on it
Neufeld: retirement He will be back...Bank on that
Collaros: retirement (I don't think this will happen but others have made a compelling case) I'd be utterly shocked if that happened
Harris: retirement (I'm expecting him back for one more go in 2022) Not happening....he's even said he thinks 3 yrs is doable, and no way in hell this close to 10k yards and chance to 3peat
Adams: retirement I thought this last half of season...after playoffs tho...maybe not...I can see him as a 3/4 guy, and paid accordingly, and he cool with it
Bailey: possible another team opens up the vault to make him their #1 guy Never in a million years would he leave...he would take less to stay...That dude is hardcore..true blue...all about brotherhood....team and loyalty

I will add my opinion...and not in a negative way...just the vibe I get

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Here are some players I thinks we could lose and why I believe that is so... and I'm not saying we will lose any or all of these guys... just some thoughts for discussion:

Alford: NFL shot
Taylor: retirement or team moves on 
Briggs: retirement
Kongbo: NFL shot or big CFL contract
Jeffcoat: big CFL contract (I'm talking like 50k more than we're offering)
Thomas: retirement
Desjarlais: NFL shot
Bryant: retirement (though my thoughts on that have since changed and I expect him back in 2022)
Neufeld: retirement
Collaros: retirement (I don't think this will happen but others have made a compelling case)
Harris: retirement (I'm expecting him back for one more go in 2022)
Adams: retirement
Bailey: possible another team opens up the vault to make him their #1 guy

8 possible retirements?? Yowzers that's some prediction!

They could start their own team, play 4 down and still beat the Riders.

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

8 possible retirements?? Yowzers that's some prediction!

They could start their own team, play 4 down and still beat the Riders.

Again... it's not a prediction... it's a list of some of the guys that could move on and the reason I believe they could move one... in others words, I think we lose 2 or 3 of these guys... and I've added the reason why I think we would.

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

What makes you say that?

If people knew who all read this site, the things they say would probably change in a hurry. Virtually all of the Winnipeg based CFL writers are lurkers, and I suspect some players and their families. There are a LOT of lurkers that people don't realize are here.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

If people knew who all read this site, the things they say would probably change in a hurry. Virtually all of the Winnipeg based CFL writers are lurkers, and I suspect some players and their families. There are a LOT of lurkers that people don't realize are here.

I remember when Kamau Peterson posted publicly here. The mid 2000’s internet was a wild time. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

according to a certain former Winnipeg sports writer I've come to know here in Kelowna, they get some of their best stuff from this site...lol...I still remember when Jabari Arthur was labeled "the Factor" on Our Bombers, (can't even remember why he got that name) and suddenly I'm hearing Mitch on CJOB referring to him as "The Factor".  They definitely read this site.  

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

reaaaaaaally eh? good to know.

hey jamie nye, brendan mcguire, and luc mullinder: you're all absolutely brutal homers.

Just now, Noeller said:

Some even comment on rare occasion (Ed Tait comes to mind).

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hopefully Derel Walker took a peek at the 7 page thread we devoted, asking (not quite begging) for him to come on down.

Derel, if you're still out there: Good luck with that next contract hahahaha.

I've been DMed as a somewhat "representative" of this site (I guess because I'm also media) to get a bit of insight as to why people feel a certain way about a certain topic...... as much of a mouthpiece as I can be at times, I definitely have toned it down somewhat because I know at least some of who all is lurking on here.

Just now, Geebrr said:

Team personnel read these sites for updates on players, things that happen in practice, whatever they can find to prepare for games.

I really liked the way CF developed during the season. Riders are lucky to have him. True leader. 

Edited by JCon