2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

Desjarlais will be here, or trying in NFL...we wont let him go

Jeffcoat as well....he isn't making chump change as it is...so his bump wont be massive...he's going into his 3rd contract. Also remember....that possible extra 15 to 35k for playoff money goes a long way.

Eli won't have border issues, and I would be shocked if he is not back, and not vaxxed....

Assuming that Josh Johnson and his vet salary is gone, tho I sure not huge, but still significant, and if we retain Rose, I could see Taylor getting the SMS axe unless he takes a shave, as I am sure we are gonna try to lock up Darby...he seems to love it here, and with Nichols and Alford (if we don't lose him to NFL) on rookie deals we could conceivably have him and Mike Jones back for next year...which would be huge...I am not including BA in the convo as he I am sure is a lock to be back, and we have BA money already factored into the 2022 mix...and we work around it with the DB's....Not sure about Maston, but coming off injury he may be relegated to a bargain deal this year regardless where he gets offers, so expect him back too.

Certainly we are gonna lose someone of great value, has to happen you would think, but we do have depth to cover it, as well as now proven scouting and strong drafts...I'm not worried as all teams in similar situation, and a good majority needed upgrades to what they had so will splurge, or try to on the shiny objects and it will have ripple effect...only so much money to go around in the league...so once the big wads get spent, a lot of really good guys are gonna have to sign somewhere for less than they made, or the same amount..thats just the economics

Therein is where I think we have a huge advantage....guys wanna stay here, be here, or come here, and knowing if we have the legit shot to get to at least the WF..possible Grey Cup again..well thats money to players and a draw, not to mention the way they treated here, and the culture..we gonna be alright 

21 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Tough for them, 4 Cup appearances in 8 years and nothing to show for it. 

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Look at us in 1992, 93, 2001, 2007. we lost those GC's sandwiched between 1990 & 2019. Kevin Glenn broke his arrm in 07 in the Eastern Final & we subsequently lost to an inferior Riders team that year. Wah, wah, wah. No one felt sorry for us. Rider fans just laighed at us. We had to wait 29 years. It's only been 22 years for Hamilton. Suck it up, buttercups. 

Both of these things can be true...

We’ll lose some players, that’s the nature of the game. People will always try to sign players from championship squads. I’m fully confident in Walters ability to replace those players. Or scouting has been phenomenal. We still have a great core here so I don’t see any of the big guy names leaving. But someone of our other guys will most certainly take the money, but those are guys who are good Ofcourse but I’m confident we can replace. 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Desjarlais will be here, or trying in NFL...we wont let him go

Jeffcoat as well....he isn't making chump change as it is...so his bump wont be massive...he's going into his 3rd contract. Also remember....that possible extra 15 to 35k for playoff money goes a long way.

Eli won't have border issues, and I would be shocked if he is not back, and not vaxxed....

Assuming that Josh Johnson and his vet salary is gone, tho I sure not huge, but still significant, and if we retain Rose, I could see Taylor getting the SMS axe unless he takes a shave, as I am sure we are gonna try to lock up Darby...he seems to love it here, and with Nichols and Alford (if we don't lose him to NFL) on rookie deals we could conceivably have him and Mike Jones back for next year...which would be huge...I am not including BA in the convo as he I am sure is a lock to be back, and we have BA money already factored into the 2022 mix...and we work around it with the DB's....Not sure about Maston, but coming off injury he may be relegated to a bargain deal this year regardless where he gets offers, so expect him back too.

Certainly we are gonna lose someone of great value, has to happen you would think, but we do have depth to cover it, as well as now proven scouting and strong drafts...I'm not worried as all teams in similar situation, and a good majority needed upgrades to what they had so will splurge, or try to on the shiny objects and it will have ripple effect...only so much money to go around in the league...so once the big wads get spent, a lot of really good guys are gonna have to sign somewhere for less than they made, or the same amount..thats just the economics

Therein is where I think we have a huge advantage....guys wanna stay here, be here, or come here, and knowing if we have the legit shot to get to at least the WF..possible Grey Cup again..well thats money to players and a draw, not to mention the way they treated here, and the culture..we gonna be alright 

in the 2019 off-season our biggest losses were Sayles and Rose... they were "supposed" to be nearly impossible to replace... and we possibly improved at that spot... needles to say, there is no doubt we will lose 1 or 2 or 3 important players... but I have full confidence in Walters to replace them in-house or through recruiting.

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The concern for players like Eli isn't getting into the country, it would be traveling with the team right?

Yes, there is that as well. However, hopefully the flight restrictions will be gone by then.

20 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Losing guys like Jesse Briggs is tough.

From a sentimental stand point I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

The sitting on the bench most of the season was probably not the best way to convince him to extend.

45 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

When did we lose him?

Losing guys like Briggs would be tough.

Losing guys (I won't name names because it sounds like you diminish their ability) are easier to navigate.

Positions where we have seen some (mostly import) guys leave and were able to pivot quickly is re-assuring.

I am more worried about a guy like Briggs than some import starters.

45 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yes, there is that as well. However, hopefully the flight restrictions will be gone by then.

From a sentimental stand point I suppose. 

The sitting on the bench most of the season was probably not the best way to convince him to extend.

No, not from a sentimental stand point.

Dane Evans earned his spot on the bench. Mostly **** this year.

Edited by Geebrr

27 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Losing guys like Briggs would be tough.

Losing guys (I won't name names because it sounds like you diminish their ability) are easier to navigate.

Positions where we have seen some (mostly import) guys leave and were able to pivot quickly is re-assuring.

I am more worried about a guy like Briggs than some import starters.

No, not from a sentimental stand point.

Dane Evans earned his spot on the bench. Mostly **** this year.

I think yeah he had the sophmore jinx...That being said...If Sask was smart they would sign him and put the pins to the Faj....they would at least get to extend the field, and Evans isn't just a one read and run for your life QB like the Faj...He's a one read  guy, and it's not due to a crappy oline and no time

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Riders seem all in on Cody but would be wise to pursue Maier or Evans.

Oday also said today they hope to bring back a lot of the team....ouch....thats gotta sting for the fans...bringing back a lot of the guys who couldn't get it done 2 years in a row now

That being said, wonder who we extend prior to January...we Know Kyle usually has some of the year SMS cash hanging around for bonus money for the following season that technically is on this seasons books

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

No.

You’re likely a Canadian citizen if you 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I think yeah he had the sophmore jinx...That being said...If Sask was smart they would sign him and put the pins to the Faj....they would at least get to extend the field, and Evans isn't just a one read and run for your life QB like the Faj...He's a one read  guy, and it's not due to a crappy oline and no time

I would rather roll the dice on Evans than Fajardo for sure.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Oday also said today they hope to bring back a lot of the team....ouch....thats gotta sting for the fans...bringing back a lot of the guys who couldn't get it done 2 years in a row now

That being said, wonder who we extend prior to January...we Know Kyle usually has some of the year SMS cash hanging around for bonus money for the following season that technically is on this seasons books

3, really!

19 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Fajardo is already better than Reilly according to the stubble-jumpers in SK... Despite all evidence to the contrary, I might add.

Remember, the Sask media/fan base had Fajardo MOP at the first snap of the 2021 season. That changed quickly this season, once all DC's figured it out...  But, this group (Sk media/fan base) still living in a dream world. The sad thing, Cody keeps reading this stuff, takes it to heart and then it effects his game. I honestly, feel for the guy.

At the start of 2019 Fajardo was the 2nd string QB behind ZC for the Riders. I will give Fajardo this, that once he got his opportunity, he got on a roll and things went his way. But, he is far from the starting QB's out here in the western conference. He did make the statement, I'm in my second year as a starting QB.