2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

32 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No sympathy. Look at us in 1992, 93, 2001, 2007. we lost those GC's sandwiched between 1990 & 2019. Kevin Glenn broke his arrm in 07 in the Eastern Final & we subsequently lost to an inferior Riders team that year. Wah, wah, wah. No one felt sorry for us. Rider fans just laighed at us. We had to wait 29 years. It's only been 22 years for Hamilton. Suck it up, buttercups. 

U forgot 2011....and agreed...was funny for other fanbase's to see our failures and drought...no sympathy from me either....

If the Cants manage to win the GC next year. The longest drought goes to Montreal and it would be going on 12 years. Crazy to think that as it feels like just yesterday they were dominating the CFL. Since Montreal went back to back every team other than the Cants have won and most teams have won it twice (Cal,Wpg,Sask,TO). 

Couple questions in my mind for us this off season. 

I love Jeffcoat but I'm sure he can make more money elsewhere. If he goes do we replace him with Kongbo? In rotation kongbo didn't light it up. But he did get a bunch of pressures and made some good run stops. After his start late though he was a beast. 

If Thomas doesn't retire Sayles Jake and stove is a great rotation. 

Lawler could be nfl bound. If not he's gotta be back. Do we go after lucky though he would fit great here. 

I feel like this is when some thing gives on the ol. I hope we don't lose Eli or gray. 

We gotta do some thing at back up qb. Brown looked like he never touched a football before. McGuire can't be a project forever and I don't want us to expect him to be no2.

Around the league qbing is pretty shakey right now. If I had to rank the top 5 qbs it'd be pretty hard especially after collaros. The league needs a regular tc and pre season this year. Young qbs need those reps soo bad. 

16 hours ago, Jesse said:

We’re probably most at risk of losing depth pieces that want to start elsewhere. 

Weve also previously let OL walk rather than pay them because we have the pipeline in place (on the inside anyway).

Well Tui won't be allowed back into the country next year unless his vax status changes so I count him as gone. Possible that Desjarlais gets an offer he can't refuse. I am OK with both losses if it comes to that. We have a big mean road grader named Dobson coming in and will likely go OL with our 1st rounder if we need to. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Couple questions in my mind for us this off season. 

I love Jeffcoat but I'm sure he can make more money elsewhere. If he goes do we replace him with Kongbo? In rotation kongbo didn't light it up. But he did get a bunch of pressures and made some good run stops. After his start late though he was a beast. 

If Thomas doesn't retire Sayles Jake and stove is a great rotation. 

Lawler could be nfl bound. If not he's gotta be back. Do we go after lucky though he would fit great here. 

I feel like this is when some thing gives on the ol. I hope we don't lose Eli or gray. 

We gotta do some thing at back up qb. Brown looked like he never touched a football before. McGuire can't be a project forever and I don't want us to expect him to be no2.

Around the league qbing is pretty shakey right now. If I had to rank the top 5 qbs it'd be pretty hard especially after collaros. The league needs a regular tc and pre season this year. Young qbs need those reps soo bad. 

We have effectively already lost Eli due to Canada's border restrictions on unvaccinated players.

41 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Well Tui won't be allowed back into the country next year unless his vax status changes so I count him as gone. Possible that Desjarlais gets an offer he can't refuse. I am OK with both losses if it comes to that. We have a big mean road grader named Dobson coming in and will likely go OL with our 1st rounder if we need to. 

We have effectively already lost Eli due to Canada's border restrictions on unvaccinated players.

Eli is a Canadian citizen, he can't be denied entry, regardless of vax status. 

The bigger issue for him and the club would be road games... Why bring back a guy who can only play half the games?

45 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I thought this too, but he is a citizen so he will be allowed back in.

10 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Since Montreal went back to back every team other than the Cants have won and most teams have won it twice (Cal,Wpg,Sask,TO). 

FTFY

Since the Alouettes won consecutive championships in '09 and '10, the Riders have only one once ('13).

As for the off-season, I have full confidence in Walter getting the job done to keep this core intact for another successful campaign in '22.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I’m shocked at the idea of being “okay that we lose Desjarlais”

He’s probably a top 2-3 priority for us to sign. Massive hit if he leaves.

All I meant was that if he gets a stupid offer we can't match. Of course, I want Kyle to move heaven and earth to keep him here.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Eli is a Canadian citizen, he can't be denied entry, regardless of vax status. 

The bigger issue for him and the club would be road games... Why bring back a guy who can only play half the games?

Are you sure he is a Canadian citizen? I am not sure he is. One does not have to be to be considered a NAT.

Just now, GCn20 said:

I am aware of that but I thought I had read that he had actually renounced his Canadian citizenship upon gaining US citizenship, I could be wrong though.

To be a National, you must have a Canadian citizenship. I looked it up earlier this year to confirm, as I couldn't remember if you just needed a Canadian connection (parent, grandparent, whatever) or hold a Canadian citizenship and confirmed the latter. 

Wow Hamilton is going to be busy this offseason. Their FA's:

Quarterback

Dane Evans (A)
Jeremiah Masoli (A)
David Watford (A)

Running Back

Jackson Bennett (N)
Maleek Irons (N)
Don Jackson (A)
Nikola Kalinic (N)
Sean Thomas-Erlington (N)

Receiver

Jaelon Acklin (A)
Brandon Banks (A)
Steven Dunbar Jr. (A)
David Ungerer (N)

Offensive Line

Darius Ciraco (N)
Mike Filer (N)
Jesse Gibbon (N)
Kay Okafor (N)
Brandon Revenberg (N)
Chris Van Zeyl (N)
Travis Vornkahl (A)

Defensive Line

Ja’Gared Davis (A)
Julian Howsare (A)
Ted Laurent (N)
Lorenzo Mauldin (A)
Dylan Wynn (A)

Linebacker

Chris Frey (A)
Simoni Lawrence (A)
Curtis Newton (N)
Jovan Santos-Knox (A)
Kyle Wilson (A)

Defensive Back

Tunde Adeleke (N)
Tyrice Beverette (A)
Cariel Brooks (A)
Mike Daly (N)
Ciante Evans (A)
Jumal Rolle (A)
Courtney Stephen (N)
Channing Stribling (A)
Frankie Williams (A)

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

He can come back if he quarantines. He could also stay or get vaccinated. I hope he gets the shot. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I am aware of that but I thought I had read that he had actually renounced his Canadian citizenship upon gaining US citizenship, I could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure he has dual citizenship. 

56 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I bet he gets an NFL look. Best guard in the CFL this season by a wide margin imo.

Desjarlais is a great guard. He's still pretty young with lots of prime left. Idr the last time a 24 year old dominated on the ol. 

I think size will hurt him in the nfl but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a look. He deserves it. 

I have a hard time paying elite money to a guard. Especially with Eli and gray in the wings. But desjarlais could be the best guard in the league for the next 10 years. He's the only guard in the league I'd give tackle money to.

If desjarlais leaves for the nfl or more money or if Bryant or Neufeld retires I think it becomes a tc battle between Richmond and starting 4 ni ol. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

To be a National, you must have a Canadian citizenship. I looked it up earlier this year to confirm, as I couldn't remember if you just needed a Canadian connection (parent, grandparent, whatever) or hold a Canadian citizenship and confirmed the latter. 

Where does Wolitarsky fit into the designation? The roster has him as an “N”.  
https://www.bluebombers.com/roster/.  

he was born in California. His mom is from Montreal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Wolitarsky

There is a mention of him persuing Canadian Citizenship in 2017. 

Edited by Rod Black