Riders didn't win another cup.

Dodge and Burn

I don't disagree that removing Suitor from Rider games takes away the conflict of interest but let's be realistic,tsn doesn't have decent play by play callers lined up right behind him currently. Try and fix the issue instead of getting rid of him and then having to bring in someone brand new.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Glad we are all on the same page here. National broadcaster shouldn't be a fan and should st least pretend at being impartial. 

Are you professional in your job? That's what this is about. Asking suitor to be professional in his job.

Like Milt Stegall when he is asked for his game prediction and says he “has to pick my team?” Like Troy Aikman yesterday complaint that he should have gotten the Cowboy-Niners broadcast instead of Romo? Like Bob Cole and Harry Neale on every HNIC game that the Maple Leafs were a part of? Like every TSN broadcast now that covers Maple Leaf practices during the national Sportcentre updates? Suitor hardly invented homerism, and is arguably not the worst offender, especially if you consider the context of his remarks being made on a Saskatchewan podcast answering specifically if the Riders should be concerned about the salary signings. 

The bad look comes from the fact that it again exposes how useless the salary cap violation penalties are. That is what should be the focus here. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

8 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I don't disagree that removing Suitor from Rider games takes away the conflict of interest but let's be realistic,tsn doesn't have decent play by play callers lined up right behind him currently. Try and fix the issue instead of getting rid of him and then having to bring in someone brand new.

Disagree. You try to find some young talent similar to what they did for play by play with Dustin Nielson.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

He's not a play by play caller.... 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Like Milt Stegall when he is asked for his game prediction and says he “has to pick my team?” Like Troy Aikman yesterday complaint that he should have gotten the Cowboy-Niners broadcast instead of Romo? Like Bob Cole and Harry Neale on every HNIC game that the Maple Leafs were a part of? Like every TSN broadcast now that covers Maple Leaf practices during the national Sportcentre updates? Suitor hardly invented homerism, and is arguably not the worst offender, especially if you consider the context of his remarks being made on a Saskatchewan podcast answering specifically if the Riders should be concerned about the salary signings. 

The bad look comes from the fact that it again exposes how useless the salary cap violation penalties are. That is what should be the focus here. 

The difference is Stegall is a panel voice and Suitor is an in game analyst. I really believe there's more leeway for Milt in that instance. 

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He's not a play by play caller.... 

The difference is Stegall is a panel voice and Suitor is an in game analyst. I really believe there's more leeway for Milt in that instance. 

I would disagree that there is a difference in leeway, especially given that this was not a national broadcast but a local podcast and he is there to offer opinions just like a panelist, but I accept that this is your point of view. I know Suitor saying it and it being the Riders will trigger people more than if someone else said it, and I still contend the bigger problem is that the weak league rules make this kind of violation a viable option open for discussion, more than who in the media suggests it. 

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I would disagree that there is a difference in leeway, especially given that this was not a national broadcast but a local podcast and he is there to offer opinions just like a panelist, but I accept that this is your point of view. I know Suitor saying it and it being the Riders will trigger people more than if someone else said it, and I still contend the bigger problem is that the weak league rules make this kind of violation a viable option open for discussion, more than who in the media suggests it. 

Did anyone in the media say or accuse the Bombers of being over the cap when we won B2B Grey Cups? Is anyone in the media saying we should cheat the cap to re-sign our veterans? No one. We won & stayed within the rules.

You never heard Bob Irving say that & he never would have because he was a true professional when it came to covering the team. He covered the Bombers for 45 seasons & I'd say he's more of a Bomber homer than some of the players who played here. Yet, it would never occur for him to do that. Yet, Suitor does because he played for the Riders & that makes it okay? Winning two championships  & knowing we didn't cheat just makes it even better.

10 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Have any of the other examples you cited encouraged their favourite teams to cheat? I think that's the point here. 

Personally, I love it when Suitor pumps their tires in a win and makes excuses for them in a loss. It helps keep the delusions alive in Riderville and it makes it hurt more when we beat them for the umpteenth time in a row in the playoffs. That's when the reality sets in, and I like reality to set in at the same time as the pain for them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-12-15 at 10:06 AM, bearpants said:

It took about 2.5 years to fix the Bombers O-line... it can be a long process.

Do you guys remember people shitting on Stanley Bryant in his first season here because our OL still sucked?

It took a while for things to gel. And such a combination of things - getting a minimum level of talent along the entire OL (Bond being inserted was a big deal at the time) - A QB who could get the ball away in a decent amount of time - Harris coming in who could actually take advantage of holes presented and get every yard out of every play.

Bob Wylie was let go by the RedBlacks because they want their coaching staff to get younger. Another word for cheaper. So, thery brought in a different coach who is younger & won't make as much $$$. Did the same thing to Steve Walsh their qb coach. Ageism at it's finest. It's not about who is best but who is cheaper. Which is why LaPo won't last the season there. Wylie & Walsh had literally nothing to work with. 

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bob Wylie was let go by the RedBlacks because they want their coaching staff to get younger. Another word for cheaper. So, thery brought in a different coach who is younger & won't make as much $$$. Did the same thing to Steve Walsh their qb coach. Ageism at it's finest. It's not about who is best but who is cheaper. Which is why LaPo won't last the season there. Wylie & Walsh had literally nothing to work with. 

I will never disparage Bob Wylie - who has been a fine OL coach for a long time - but sometimes it is time to go younger. 

33 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I will never disparage Bob Wylie - who has been a fine OL coach for a long time - but sometimes it is time to go younger. 

With the lack of talent & & ability on that OL I doubt if anyone could have made them better. If Wylie with all his experience can't do it then how a less experienced coach do it? Usually coaches IQ's rise with good players. Strictly a money cutting move which is why that coaches & admin cap has to go. But nothing from the CFL. They were going to delve into ways to make the game better. Crickets. Not surprised. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

With the lack of talent & & ability on that OL I doubt if anyone could have made them better. If Wylie with all his experience can't do it then how a less experienced coach do it? Usually coaches IQ's rise with good players. Strictly a money cutting move which is why that coaches & admin cap has to go. But nothing from the CFL. They were going to delve into ways to make the game better. Crickets. Not surprised. 

Blame the owners. They run the league. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Riderfans really crowing up a storm about Sankey and Moncrief, some proclaiming that their defence will be better than the Bombers last year. Here are the facts as I see them...

Gainey, Purifoy, Micah, Woodard, Lacey > Sankey, Moncrief

hahaha......with no dline...and questionable DB's???...yeah ok

I'd take Biggie/Wilson and Maston over Teitz/Sankey and Moncreif

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

hahaha......with no dline...and questionable DB's???...yeah ok

I'd take Biggie/Wilson and Maston over Teitz/Sankey and Moncreif

Yea they just lost another cog in their DL as well in Makana Henry. They might be going with the CFL's first 2-5 defence at this rate. They might not have enough DL under contract to field anything more...lol. But LBers....hey they got Lbers.

Edited by GCn20