These are the good times people …

IC Khari

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Oof Boltus was bad... I don't even know if it's a made up memory of it happened... I just seem to remember him literally fumbling the ball away into the oppositions hands and not being able to make a basic throw. 

I think the lowest point though is before that time when we took a knee to go into OT despite having a tonne of time on the clock to at least attempt a few deep shots to move into field goal range.   I was in the crowd and it was a collective groan when they took the knee. 

I remember listening to that game on the radio. When they took a knee, Bob Irving was as mad as I’d ever heard him.
“That’s just STUPID FOOTBALL” 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I remember listening to that game on the radio. When they took a knee, Bob Irving was as mad as I’d ever heard him.
“That’s just STUPID FOOTBALL” 

I believe that our QB at the time was Justin Goltz.  There were no smart decisions with that guy.  He couldn't throw a football to save his life.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, the play on the line would be the difference.

I drove in all the way from Calgary to see that game. That was absolutely horrible. That was when I knew in the off season things would be blown up & they were. 

Obviously a stellar on-field product helps with enjoying the games, but lets not forget the complete transformation from old ownership to when Wade and Co took over.

One of the things i remember old crew being clueless about was having concession staff come up at down the rows with lotto scratch tickets. I will never remember one game this poor girl was doing it and my dad (in good jest) just halfheartedly asked if she had any beer lol. Who tf wants to do a scratch ticket in the middle of a football game?!? Does anyone else remember this.

15 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I had tickets to the 100th Grey Cup in 2012, honestly hopeful that the Bombers stood a chance to be there after a solid 2011 season. That hope vanished pretty quickly, though.
September 2012 was a traumatic month and probably the lowest I've ever felt as a fan. And that's saying something considering their 0-4 start to the season. 
I'll never forget the disgust I felt over the 52-0 blowout loss on Labour Day, watching Burke look completely lost in his new role after Mack pulled the rug out from under this team and LaPolice as though a head coaching change was somehow the solution to a roster filled with holes he chose to ignore in the off-season.
The Banjo Bowl (last ever at CanadInns Stadium) a week later was like having dirt kicked in one's face, as DeAngelis kicked the game winner. Seeing the Riders and their fans celebrate was just gross.
And then there was the 44-3 drubbing in Calgary a week after that. Brandon Collier laughing it up on the sidelines during that game was utterly infuriating to witness. I gave up on the team for a few weeks and then begrudgingly attended a game for free in what would be another pretty ugly loss at home to the Stampeders.
Fortunately GC100 in Toronto was still a fantastic time and I got to meet Chris Matthews and congratulate him on winning ROTY.

I know the following season was all kinds of ugly itself but I will say this: I had very little optimism going into 2013 with Bucko, Mack, and Burke running the show. Nothing changed in the off-season and so I had such low expectations from the get-go, as Mack once again addressed none of the issues with the roster and Burke just didn't have the traits of a competent HC. Unfortunately, that all cast an ugly shadow on the inaugural season at IGF, where the home team would manage all of one win there. Fortunately, that ended up being an absolute barn burner, watching the Riders get embarrassed by such an inept opponent. Seeing their fans leave the stadium looking as dejected as they did with the Bombers claiming victory was the highlight of that forgettable season.
All that said, Buchko and Mack were thankfully shown the door pretty early on, leaving Burke as nothing more than a placeholder and Walters to clean up the mess left by Mack's abysmal management. Miller and Walters had their work cut out for them but that ultimately became the starting point for the successful regime and winning culture now in place.

It took tons of patience but look how far this organization has come. Back-to-back champions and the class of the CFL.

Exactly my memories as well. Have had season tickets for 40 years now and have never quit on the team, but was most depressed during the Reinbold years and most frustrated in the Mack years. After 2013 was in the Bomber Store and saw a ticket rep who asked what I thought about the new stadium and I went off on how frustrated I was with the product on the field and how the team was driven into the ground. He said “Yeah. So, are you renewing your tickets?” like nothing I just said resonated. I answered “Well I am, but I’m starting to feel like a sucker giving you guys my money every year”. His sheepish grin and shrug to that comment reinforced how little that regime cared about the fans and how bad that culture was. If Wade Miller was not in place and Mack not gone I may have cancelled on the spot. Fortunately, two weeks later Walters was bumped up to GM and two weeks after that O’Shea was brought in. 

Wade’s culture shift has meant everything as his attitude permeates through how the club operates. Loyalty, respect, character, and most importantly accountability matter again. Without the wins that may not mean much, but it is the foundation upon which long-term success is built. In hindsight Dave Ritchie’s re-build was more flash in the pan, this feels more like a dynasty in the making. Not without it’s bumps, people were still calling for O’Shea’s head (and Hall’s, and LaPo’s) as recently as halftime of the 2019 West semi-final.

LaPo and Matt Nichols are two polarizing figures on this board, but their arrival really kick-started the upward trajectory once they replaced Bellefuille and Willy. We not only became contenders with them but crossed the goal line and became champions with them on board. I am indebted to them for their part in where this team is today. And I thank Mike O’Shea and Kyle Walters for displaying their loyalty to them when the “can’t win with them, get rid of them” noise built.

Thrilled at not only the championships but the state of this franchise now, a team to be admired and one you can feel truly good to be a fan of, proud but humble, respect their opponents but never fear them, genuinely care for each other and their fans, a first class operation with no egos or boasting or trash talking, any troubles are addressed quickly and professionally and do not blow up into long term scandals. Love what this team now represents. Thanks gentlemen. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

I was at the game and my god it was glorious. Definitely felt a real brotherhood amongst Bombers fans --the amount of us there was surprising, you can hear us on the broadcast when the bombers made plays.  I have to say that as the 4th quarter wore on the sense of dread I felt from the ticats fans kept cranking up. I was nervous of course, but not nearly at that same level. Even down 12 I never once actually contemplated us losing. That is just the energy our guys give off heading into crunch time. The stakes get higher and higher and the drama gets more and more intense and we just see if the other team can hang. That's the hallmark of a championship team. Amazing to celebrate after with all the bomber faithful. Just an amazing surreal night THANK YOU WADE MILLER, KYLE WALTERS, AND MIKE O'SHEA O'SHEA O'SHEA🎵

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

I was at the game and my god it was glorious. Definitely felt a real brotherhood amongst Bombers fans --the amount of us there was surprising, you can hear us on the broadcast when the bombers made plays.  I have to say that as the 4th quarter wore on the sense of dread I felt from the ticats fans kept cranking up. I was nervous of course, but not nearly at that same level. Even down 12 I never once actually contemplated us losing. That is just the energy our guys give off heading into crunch time. The stakes get higher and higher and the drama gets more and more intense and we just see if the other team can hang. That's the hallmark of a championship team. Amazing to celebrate after with all the bomber faithful. Just an amazing surreal night THANK YOU WADE MILLER, KYLE WALTERS, AND MIKE O'SHEA O'SHEA O'SHEA🎵

Had the exact same thoughts. 

Was great to be with the badly outnumbered blue family out there.

Casey Sayles had a buddy go to the game and he was telling some funny stories at the game. 

20 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

My low point as a Bomber fan came on the evening of September 27, 2013. As I sat alone in my section, watching some guy named Jason Boltus try to be a football player, I wondered if I was still able to do it. Could I still support what this once proud franchise had become? At that moment I never thought I'd live to see us win another Cup.

When we won last year, I didn't even know how to react. I celebrated way more this year. Last year was more like stunned silence. The nightmare was finally over.

I remembering feeling that way too... but I think 2013 was such a CF (that would be cluster-**** not Cody Fajardo - though they have been one in the same at times) that I just went to the games to see how terrible we could be thinking it couldn't possibly get worse...

My "low point" came a few years later and luckily for me, the turn around happened almost immediately... I was at a game early in the 2016 season and we were getting crushed by Calgary... after this loss we would fall to 1-4... I said to my friend during that game "if this carries on, I don't know how much more I can take... I could definitely see that things seemed to be getting better but the on-field product wasn't getting any better... as luck would have it, the next game on the road against Edmonton was when we inserted Travis Bond on the O-line and Matt Nichols at QB... and since that game... it's been basically better than I could have imagined...

Think about the make up of this team a little bit... When Zach and Nic were named the MOPs of the Grey Cup... each guy immediately said "I love my team, this is the greatest group of guys I've ever been with" while basically welling up... they didn't even care about the award, they just wanted to be with their teammates.... 

Another small detail I noticed about the comradery of this team... there's a great slo-mo shot of the team celebrating after the grey cup winning int... and you see two players embracing and jumping up and down together... I looked closely and noticed it was Casey Sayles and Mike Benson... on what other team and in what other Bombers era would the long snapper and a defensive lineman be so close in friendship like that... it is truly incredible to see... when these guys say they love each other and play for each other... there's no lip service... it's as genuine as it gets. :)

59 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I remembering feeling that way too... but I think 2013 was such a CF (that would be cluster-**** not Cody Fajardo - though they have been one in the same at times) that I just went to the games to see how terrible we could be thinking it couldn't possibly get worse...

My "low point" came a few years later and luckily for me, the turn around happened almost immediately... I was at a game early in the 2016 season and we were getting crushed by Calgary... after this loss we would fall to 1-4... I said to my friend during that game "if this carries on, I don't know how much more I can take... I could definitely see that things seemed to be getting better but the on-field product wasn't getting any better... as luck would have it, the next game on the road against Edmonton was when we inserted Travis Bond on the O-line and Matt Nichols at QB... and since that game... it's been basically better than I could have imagined...

Think about the make up of this team a little bit... When Zach and Nic were named the MOPs of the Grey Cup... each guy immediately said "I love my team, this is the greatest group of guys I've ever been with" while basically welling up... they didn't even care about the award, they just wanted to be with their teammates.... 

Another small detail I noticed about the comradery of this team... there's a great slo-mo shot of the team celebrating after the grey cup winning int... and you see two players embracing and jumping up and down together... I looked closely and noticed it was Casey Sayles and Mike Benson... on what other team and in what other Bombers era would the long snapper and a defensive lineman be so close in friendship like that... it is truly incredible to see... when these guys say they love each other and play for each other... there's no lip service... it's as genuine as it gets. :)

We can thank Mike O'Shea,it isn't a team,its a family.

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Before MOS was hired.....some folks, down east.... told me several things about O'Shea (then relayed them on this site)

He had outstanding leadership qualities
Players would love to play for this guy

It's true....its really true!

For sure. Always a class act and a players coach. Certainly grew into role as a head coach as the years went by. 

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

I have been on teams where thats what people said/claimed and professed, but was utter B.S...Seen first hand true hatred between "teamates" as well as times where guys didn't even know each other on a personal level, or ever interacted....this squad truly walks this walk

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

I have been on teams where thats what people said/claimed and professed, but was utter B.S...Seen first hand true hatred between "teamates" as well as times where guys didn't even know each other on a personal level, or ever interacted....this squad truly walks this walk

During Reinbolds reign, a still local player mentioned at a party, on the bench he turned to another local player and said about his teammates, “who are these guys?”

17 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

When we signed MOS I was confident a Cup was imminent. 

Dude is just the definition of a winner.

At this point it's only a matter of giving him the talent to win.  This team plays discplined and everyone plays their part exactly how they should.   Good character for the most part also. 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Anyone at the rally? 
We were going to go, but the covid seems to be getting bad again and with a 3 month old at home, we couldn’t justify it. 
I watched most of it on YT. Some really great visuals. Rasheed Baileys speech made me tear up. 

I didn’t go as I had other things on the go tonight. I heard it was streamed on CTV though. Anyone have a link?