These are the good times people …

IC Khari

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Imagine being Thiadric Hansen and just thinking winning the Grey Cup is the easiest thing in the world 😂

He just wins championships. He won the Polish Bowl in 2020 too!

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

He went back to Europe and won the 'Polish Bowl' between Grey Cup victories. All he knows is winning lately

Beat me to it. ;)

16 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

There are a few guys like Stove and Hansen and Desjsrlais etc...that only know winning Cups.

Bailey...Lawler..Mike Jones..Eli...Grant...Hallet...Brady...a whole group of em got here at perfect time...same with the lil mexican DB....

Just now, Booch said:

Bailey...Lawler..Mike Jones..Eli...Grant...Hallet...Brady...a whole group of em got here at perfect time...same with the lil mexican DB....

and that 30k in extra end of yr playoff cash will be a big help and equalizer to bring lotta guys back...If someone outbids us and offers 10..20..25k more to leave....I bet they wont..I think these guys wanna stay together regardless and will take fair pay to stay anyway....many did this yr

10 minutes ago, Nolby said:

For those who are the older crowd,where does this Bomber team sit in your ranks? I know the 80s had absolute legends and those teams were incredible but after this season of dominance I'm just curious.

tho not super old...as was just a teeanager in 84/88....but this squad is the best all around and dominant that I have seen....and the bond they have, and how they are just a perfect group is very odd...and not the norm...people talk about tight rooms, culture a lot...a lot of times it's more lip service than actuality, but this is realllllly different....from being in many a room, knowing past and present players....this is truly someting out of the norm, and so huge.....factor in the talent on top of it.....it's something to behold

U can bring it to the bank that we will have guys stray here for less next yr....Willie..Biggie...Stanley and a couple othwers have set the standard and the bar for this.....pay me whats fair.....and they will pay u back with cups and rings

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Funny. My favorite number is 13

saw a cool tweet...12th cup...on the 12th day...of the 12th month...we were destined to win this...so....winning the 13th in the house of the "13th man"....book it!

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

For those who are the older crowd,where does this Bomber team sit in your ranks? I know the 80s had absolute legends and those teams were incredible but after this season of dominance I'm just curious.

I don't want to take anything away from this 2019-2021 team as they are very dominant, and maybe it's just my memories being foggy, but those teams in the 1980's faced some really strong opposition from teams like BC, Edmonton, and Toronto.  There weren't a whole lot of free spaces on the bingo card, except maybe Ottawa.  The Bombers had to be so good and on their game in those days.  I'm not saying that that isn't the case now, but this season there sure seemed to be very few teams that could match up with Winnipeg, and a whole lot of garbage teams like the Elks, Red Blacks, Lions.  Like I said, maybe I'm wrong, but I'd also like to see what this version of the Bombers would do against teams who were much stronger than what we saw this season.  A whole lot of really bad football being played, by almost everyone except the Bombers.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I'll take this..............This team has the best D ever and we had some great ones.....especially in the Grant years.....The teams of the early sixties were very dominant......I remember a Bomber player on radio saying, that when they were suiting up for a game in Saskabush, he asked the rest of the guys 'so how much do we want to beat these yokels by tonight'....Arrogant .....maybe but you have to be damn good to back up the arrogance....We were humming along in those years ...we got spoiled and thought Cups were just an automatic for the Grant teams.....UNTIL....the news broke on the radio ...Bud is taking the head coaching job in Minnesota for the Vikes.....The fans went nuts....couldn't believe it BUT that's football and it's progression....One thing I do know is those teams from those years were not forgotten for a  very long time....and Bud never forgot us ...We were that good AND maybe O'Shea and company ain't done yet??

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

For those who are the older crowd, where does this Bomber team sit in your ranks? I know the 80s had absolute legends and those teams were incredible but after this season of dominance I'm just curious.

I'm really dating myself here but the Bud Grant coached teams between 1957-1962 were pretty dominant. They lost to Hamilton in the 1957 Grey Cup but defeated the Ti-Cats for the Cup in 1958 and 1959. The 1960 team might have been the best of the bunch but they lost to a hot Edmonton team in the Western Final. In 1961 and 1962 the Bombers again won the Cup knocking off Hamilton each time. It was a different era when the football was not played as it is today but it's all relative. While I love what the current Bombers are doing and hope that they can successfully carry it on, I have to go with Grant's Big Blue teams.

This year's team reminds me of the great teams of the 80's. Expect them to win every time they play no matter if it's at home or not. We kept most of our '19 team while other teams had to re-tool, which helped us get wins early on. Good teams are built from the lines out and we have the best O and D lines. That's where we were better than the rest of the league. Collaros gave us the kind of QB'ing we haven't seen in decades and the defence shut teams down completely and consistently.

On the other hand, the level of competition this year was really poor compared to the 80's. We didn't play team that made the post season for almost 2 months which juiced our stats. Ottawa, BC, and Edmonton were all free spaces on the bingo card. Calgary, Hamilton and Montreal were too, for the first half of the year. Toronto and Regina were better than the rest and we were better than them.

Does anyone else think that winning this back to back may have been harder than any other back to back win or easier? After winning in 2019 we figured we may lose quite a few players and we did lose some. But then we had an entire season off and risked losing guys to retirement, NFL etc. We managed to keep the core of a team together for 3 years. Had we played 2020 would we have repeated then and would this have been a 3 peat? I think this was a lot harder to win a back to back with a year off in between then the typical back to back. 

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

This year's team reminds me of the great teams of the 80's. Expect them to win every time they play no matter if it's at home or not. We kept most of our '19 team while other teams had to re-tool, which helped us get wins early on. Good teams are built from the lines out and we have the best O and D lines. That's where we were better than the rest of the league. Collaros gave us the kind of QB'ing we haven't seen in decades and the defence shut teams down completely and consistently.

On the other hand, the level of competition this year was really poor compared to the 80's. We didn't play team that made the post season for almost 2 months which juiced our stats. Ottawa, BC, and Edmonton were all free spaces on the bingo card. Calgary, Hamilton and Montreal were too, for the first half of the year. Toronto and Regina were better than the rest and we were better than them.

Yeah that 0-0 record against Ottawa this year really set the tone for us.

19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Or we made playing against good look like we were playing against below average because of our elite talent?