These are the good times people …

IC Khari

1 minute ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I remember on the Rider site when they hired Chris Jones and he was going to lead them to multiple GCs and O’Shea and Walters would lead the Bombers to years of mediocrity.  Well how does that look now?

It looks pretty ******* excellent! Best part is the Bombers beating them in the 2018 WSF and Jones hightailing it outta SK shortly after. 

When poaching goes wrong. And it couldn't have happened to a more deserving organization.

7 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Soaking in every moment of it. The season comes fast. Can’t take anything for granted. I didn’t see a grey cup win in my life time until 2019. Now I get to see back to back. It’s pretty special. 

I've now seen and been alive for 4 now...and counting....just as many as the Rider's 104 yr history...I'll take that hahaha.....#1990

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I have had season tickets since 2000. There were many years that I wondered if I'd ever see the team win another cup. Had a running joke with a buddy about IGF being the factory of sadness. These last two years have been fantastic and I am loving every minutes. 

Lol. Love that guy's rant about the Browns.

See you next Sunday!

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...all-time classic this one was....had everything you want in a CFL game

The only thing, for neutral, to make this better would be if the game was reversed. Where the home team, with the long Grey Cup drought, came from behind to win it in overtime. 

I'm not complaining, though. 

Just soaking it all in. Almost hard to believe after so many disappointments over the years. 

I'm 36. They had won 2 cups when I was a little kid, but I don't remember anything about that other than watching them on VHS.

2001 I was in high school and thought the good times my dad spoke of were back. Not quite. 

2007 I'd just graduate university and was going to the Cup as a grad gift with my dad. Never been more gutted by a loss than that. 

2011 didn't think they even had a chance to win and was pretty numb to it.

2019 playoff run to now has been nothing but greatness with this team. Zach has what, 1 loss since he started here? 

Agree we're going to be remembering these teams for a long time. Biggie, the Jeffs, Alexander, going to go down as all time greats. 

2 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Just soaking it all in. Almost hard to believe after so many disappointments over the years. 

I'm 36. They had won 2 cups when I was a little kid, but I don't remember anything about that other than watching them on VHS.

2001 I was in high school and thought the good times my dad spoke of were back. Not quite. 

2007 I'd just graduate university and was going to the Cup as a grad gift with my dad. Never been more gutted by a loss than that. 

2019 playoff run to now has been nothing but greatness with this team. Zach has what, 1 loss since he started here? 

Agree we're going to be remembering these teams for a long time. Biggie, the Jeffs, Alexander, going to go down as all time greats. 

I’m 30 and I can tell you for certain I feel very similar to you. A lot of heart ache to get where we are today. It’s just such a great metaphor for life going through the ups and downs and the struggles to where we are and where this team was today.  

Just now, rebusrankin said:

All I can say is if we are back in the Cup for 2022, I am making the drive to IG Field West.

I'm buying my tickets as soon as they are available. It will be a party, regardless of who is in it, and I can wear my Back-to-Back underwear through downtown Regina!

I remember when we won two in a row in the Grant years....Just a young un then but I remember vividly Leo Lewis and Kenny Ploen riding in a limo down Portage Ave. in the Cup parade....Special years and I thought we'd never see another run like that ever again....but here we are.....Gotta enjoy the moment guys cuz there's no guarantee's in the future.....

11 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Became a Bomber fan at the start of 2001. I thought I was witnessing the greatest Bomber team of all time. Fast forward 20 years and now I truly believe the 2021 team was the best of all time. Been though a lot of heartache but totally worth it. Three peat here we come! 

Those teams we had in 1984 - 1990 were pretty darn good.  We could have easily two-peated after we won in 1984, we just choked in the WF against BC in 1985, despite beating the Lions twice during the season.  That was a shame.  

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm buying my tickets as soon as they are available. It will be a party, regardless of who is in it, and I can wear my Back-to-Back underwear through downtown Regina!

Yup because of yesterday any Rider trash talk can be met with back to back says what? Or the trusty goto my favourite number is 12 which is much better than 4. :)

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Guys like Bailey...Kongbo..Lawler...Desjarlais...Hallet...Oliveira...Eli...this all they know....2 yrs...2 cups...hahaha....what a time to get here for them

Ah em, Eli was not there if my memory is correct. 

50 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

At 37 myself, I can relate to this completely.

I was 6 when the 1990 team won and don't really remember that game and had to rely on YouTube videos. My Dad always speaks glowingly of the 80s Bombers and his fave all-time player Tyrone Jones, not to mention other Bomber greats from that era. Even the early 90s had some good teams but then things got ugly.

2001 is still the most disappointing season for me. I thought that was the year and the way they lost that GC was just gutting. 2007 didn't have the same feel and Glenn breaking his arm in the EF made me lose hope. 2011 was whatever. LOL

I feel like the 2016 season was a turning point in that this regime finally had the pieces in place and that winning culture was established. 2019, with its challenges and trials, helped cement the team at the right time - and they've never looked back.

This 2021 team is the most special group I've ever been fortunate enough to see in blue and gold. The leaders of this team - coaches and players alike -  are nothing short of legends.

And best of all: the pain and hardships of those failures past matter no more. Back-to-back champs!!!

I remember a scene in Semi-Pro where Woody Harrelson talks about these being team sports, and the guys you practice against and prepare with making you a better player or something along those lines. Eli deserves his ring as much as say Mike Jones does this year, or Lucky last year, even if they didn't suit up