3 stars plus hh BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS!

wbbfan

This maybe isn't the thread for it, but I still have a lot of questions about the play calling from that game (on O). Never any play action called at any point. The entire 3rd quarter (yes, wind against....) was a mess. I was concerned Buck/ZC were going to lose us that game all on their own. Thank Christ for the 4th and OT, that they pulled it outta the fire. Hopefully it was a learning experience for Buck going into next year. 

12 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

3. The entire defense... Seriously they won by committee. When you consider how many times the offense put them in a bind... The fact they only surrendered 2 TDs is spectacular.

Nothing epitomized that more than the fact that three guys got their ls hands on the ball to make the game winning interception

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

I wasn’t sure at first but after watching the replay a few times I’m 100% sure it was intentional… you watch the way his right hand follows through to point at Wilson as he was directing the ball that way… and watch as he celebrates the second Wilson has the ball bc he knows he pulled it off… what an absolutely incredible play 

23 minutes ago, do or die said:

We started throwing the ball a bit more, particularly on first downs, and was less predictable as time wore on

We started throwing the ball a bit more because Zach had more than one steamboat to go through his reads....unlike the first three quarters where he was getting jumped on continually and had to throw check downs that went no where.

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This maybe isn't the thread for it, but I still have a lot of questions about the play calling from that game (on O). Never any play action called at any point. The entire 3rd quarter (yes, wind against....) was a mess. I was concerned Buck/ZC were going to lose us that game all on their own. Thank Christ for the 4th and OT, that they pulled it outta the fire. Hopefully it was a learning experience for Buck going into next year. 

Can’t remember but did we roll out ZC once by design? That’s what I was looking for more. Get him away from the pressure, he’s one of the best throwing on the run. It cuts your field in half but c’mon. 

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Can’t remember but did we roll out ZC once by design? That’s what I was looking for more. Get him away from the pressure, he’s one of the best throwing on the run. It cuts your field in half but c’mon. 

The throw to Darvin in OT was one of the few times I saw ZC roll out of the pocket.  Amazing what good things happen when you start utilizing the mobility of an extremely mobile QB who can accurately throw on the run...lol...

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The throw to Darvin in OT was one of the few times I saw ZC roll out of the pocket.  Amazing what good things happen when you start utilizing the mobility of an extremely mobile QB who can accurately throw on the run...lol...

Did he roll out on that one? I can’t remember. What I do remember is we win they lose so me splitting hairs on this is more conversation starters than critiquing. Nice feeling. Where’s a gif I can have on standby with two people with their backs to each other so I can share with any Bomber haters lurking on this site. :)

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

how was it NOT intentional?? I mean, he looked right at him and forcibly tossed the ball to Wilson.... it's not even a question. It's a spectacular play...one of the best I've ever seen. Especially if Rose is right-handed.....unreal. 

100 percent on purpose. The way he's looking at kyrie and bumps it right too him. It's insane. That's the selfless smart tough football that defines the dark side. Bearpants is dead on. That play perfectly demonstrates winnipeg football. 

1- Collaros throws 2 picks (1 was a good play by Kelly,other had to have been a mix up in routes,QBs just don't usually throw to open DBs) and keeps his composure to get this to OT and sealed it.

2- Castillo was money in brutal winds

3- Stove,Alford,Wilson and Nichols were a 4 headed monster that played lights out.

HH would go to Rasheed,he made some monster catches in very good coverage.

Shayne Gauthier Award to Tanner Cadwallader who made a huge tackle on a kickoff late in the 3rd after the safety on Ungerer. 

If he doesn't make that tackle - that might go all the way and it that may be a wrap.

Huge play

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

100% intentional. 

Wow. We definitely did not get that replay in stadium. 😄

Edited by Geebrr
Shayne not Shane

17 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Shane Gauthier Award to Tanner Cadwallader who made a huge tackle on a kickoff late in the 3rd after the safety on Ungerer. 

If he doesn't make thst tackle - that might go all the way and it that may be a wrap.

Huge play

100% intentional. 

Wow. We definitely did not get that replay in stadium. 😄

This no joke,when they intercepted that,I jumped off the couch yelling and something popped in my left knee. Went to work and had to leave early as my limp was getting worse and worse....it hurts but still worth it!

3 hours ago, Booch said:

That one catch by Bailey....keeping it off the turf....wonder why not mentioned more...that was a amazing grab in a critical time....

Yup, so clutch. He had some huge catches to keep momentum.

Adams' catch in front of Evans in the 4th 

Wolly coming up big in the second half.

Everyone just dug deep and made plays.

Awesome to be there.