2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've been hearing about that late rouge from all non-Bombers fans since the game. "It's the only reason you won!" is a common refrain. I've called bullshit on that right from the get go. So many things would have been different if he'd brought it out....impossible to say they would have got to FG range and made it. 

Yup. For all we know he's gets torpedoed by German u-boat #3 and fumbles!

3 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

It's about as crazy as Bomber fans saying we would have for sure won the 07 cup if Glenn hadn't broken his arm. Fact is we'll just never know.

THATS A FACT! JACK!

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You mean the game we lost due to 4 rookie mistakes by a rookie qb? 

Yeah even if Glenn just avoided turnovers the D likely carries the team to a win that day.

If Glenn had sat cross-legged at center field picking dandy lions all game we would have won.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

35 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

If Glenn had sat cross-legged at center field picking dandy lions all game we would have won.

So usual Kevin Glenn playoff performance?

35 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

LOL I knew it was coming I just didn't think it would be so fast, colour me impressed guys!

Some wounds never truly heal.

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You mean the game we lost due to 4 rookie mistakes by a rookie qb? 

Yeah even if Glenn just avoided turnovers the D likely carries the team to a win that day.

If Dinwiddie didn’t turn into dim-widdie and ran the ball for a first down there’s a chance we would have squeaked one out. Our D was actually very good that day. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I've been hearing about that late rouge from all non-Bombers fans since the game. "It's the only reason you won!" is a common refrain. I've called bullshit on that right from the get go. So many things would have been different if he'd brought it out....impossible to say they would have got to FG range and made it. 

This kind of stuff makes me smile rather than bother me. Fans that try to find that “if only” play as a justification for a loss just means they torture themselves more over a loss by deluding themselves rather than seeing that they need to get better.

Case in point the “Fajardo crossbar”. The fans are convinced that the errant bounce was the only thing keeping them from a Grey Cup win in 2019, and disregard the four times the ‘Riders got to the Bomber 5 and only generated 6 points in total as the real reason for the loss. And the media is only too happy to sell a “heartbreak” narrative and not let pesky facts like the double coverage on the last play that would have more than likely knocked the ball away or picked it off, or that a TD would have still left them a convert away from only a tie. 

End result is even better than the clear loss. We still celebrate an earned win, the fans agonize more over a phony notion that they could have had it and it eats away at their soul, and the club accepts the false reality of “we were good enough to win” and doesn’t focus on making improvements, this setting them up for more failure the next season. 

So, yes, Ticat fans, that rouge was the only reason you lost. How that must sting!

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

The 2 games you discuss are all about spoiling the narrative. The goalpost & conceding the single. We weren't supposed to win those games & we spoiled it for a lot of CFL fans & media especially TSN. Except for Bomber Nation, of course.

There was one twisted Rider fan on CFL Fans Only on Facebook yesterday who was claiming that Chris Jones (when he was with the Riders) was secretly working for us & sending the Bombers all the better Rider players. He believes that Chris Jones won the Bombers 2 Grey Cups. You can't make this **** up, folks. As far as I'm concerned the rest of the league, wacked Rider fans & TSN can all shove it up their keesters for all I care. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The 2 games you discuss is all about spoiling the narrative. The goalpost & conceding the single. We weren't supposed to win those games & we spoiled it for a lot of CFL fans & media especially TSN. Except for Bomber Nation, of course. There was one twisted Rider fan on CFL Fans Only on Facebook yesterday who was ckaiming that Chris Jones (when he was with the Riders) was secretly working for us & sending the Bombers all the better Rider players. He believes that Chris Jones  won 2 the Bombers 2 Grey Cups. You can't make this **** up, folks. As far as I'm concerned the rest of the league, wacked Rider fans & TSN can all shove it up their keesters for all I care. 

And there you have it.... life in the fast lane in Saskatchewan.....

51 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The 2 games you discuss are all about spoiling the narrative. The goalpost & conceding the single. We weren't supposed to win those games & we spoiled it for a lot of CFL fans & media especially TSN. Except for Bomber Nation, of course.

There was one twisted Rider fan on CFL Fans Only on Facebook yesterday who was claiming that Chris Jones (when he was with the Riders) was secretly working for us & sending the Bombers all the better Rider players. He believes that Chris Jones won the Bombers 2 Grey Cups. You can't make this **** up, folks. As far as I'm concerned the rest of the league, wacked Rider fans & TSN can all shove it up their keesters for all I care. 

These are the same people who drink their own urine, right?