2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

20 hours ago, Booch said:

watch in O.T ...I think was O.T where Willie sends the tackle on his ass....funny

was that where hi pinned him after the play like a wrestler?...I Laughed at that as well, if thats the same play

No not the same play, he sent Banks, who was in blocking, somersaulting....just hilarious. On youtube they have the 108th Grey Cup highlights and the play in on there. Check it out. 7:02 of the 2nd Q. Just blew him up.

At 3:42 of the video the play starts. Not sure if we are allowed to post YT links in here or not. If not, my apologies.

Edited by GCn20

38 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No not the same play, he sent Banks, who was in blocking, somersaulting....just hilarious. On youtube they have the 108th Grey Cup highlights and the play in on there. Check it out. 7:02 of the 2nd Q. Just blew him up.

At 3:42 of the video the play starts. Not sure if we are allowed to post YT links in here or not. If not, my apologies.

I love the body language of banks when he sees willy headed for him. 

Banks ease up I'm a distraction willy

Willy never eases up and you can take that to the banks 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Hilarious because WJ threw Banks about 10 yards back trying to block him in the 2019 Grey Cup. Pretty sure it was on the RTP call before Biggie picked up the fumble in the 1st Q

21 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Hilarious because WJ threw Banks about 10 yards back trying to block him in the 2019 Grey Cup. Pretty sure it was on the RTP call before Biggie picked up the fumble in the 1st Q

correct...that was the 2019 toss him outta the way play haha

51 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I could watch those highlights all day. What a team. I didn't appreciate live what a monster fourth quarter Woli had.

Woli was huge in the 4th...and had the ultimate fake out in O.T on the 2 point convert if u all re-watched and saw those 3 dummies fall for it after his and ZC "chat" pre snap hahaha

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Woli was huge in the 4th...and had the ultimate fake out in O.T on the 2 point convert if u all re-watched and saw those 3 dummies fall for it after his and ZC "chat" pre snap hahaha

Their little conversation is pretty obvious on the broadcast... the camera zooms right in on it... but I never noticed how much effect it had on the play... this team does everything great

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Their little conversation is pretty obvious on the broadcast... the camera zooms right in on it... but I never noticed how much effect it had on the play... this team does everything great

soon as he breaks....3 guys converge...most importantly Bailey's....

13 hours ago, Booch said:

soon as he breaks....3 guys converge...most importantly Bailey's....

I did get a chance to re-watch that 2 point play again.  Before Woli and ZC have their fake-out convo, Woli can be seen talking to Bailey.  So I'm assuming that the order was - Woli tells Bailey the ball is going to him, then goes to ZC to tell him the fake out is on and to make it look like the ball is going to Woli.  Meanwhile, Hamilton keys on Woli, stupidly thinking that the Bombers would be dumb enough to telegraph a play that badly.  Amazing that it worked.  Hamilton must have been pretty exhausted mentally and physically by that point to fall so easily for the fake out like that.  

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I did get a chance to re-watch that 2 point play again.  Before Woli and ZC have their fake-out convo, Woli can be seen talking to Bailey.  So I'm assuming that the order was - Woli tells Bailey the ball is going to him, then goes to ZC to tell him the fake out is on and to make it look like the ball is going to Woli.  Meanwhile, Hamilton keys on Woli, stupidly thinking that the Bombers would be dumb enough to telegraph a play that badly.  Amazing that it worked.  Hamilton must have been pretty exhausted mentally and physically by that point to fall so easily for the fake out like that.  

Have uncovered an official transcript of what really happened in that 2-point convert conversation:

On 2021-12-21 at 8:42 AM, wbbfan said:

I love the body language of banks when he sees willy headed for him. 

Banks ease up I'm a distraction willy

Willy never eases up and you can take that to the banks 

I like how Willy was a part of making Banks Grey Cup record 0-4.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Simoni's too....funny that he felt he was jobbed 2 years in a row for MODP...by players on the team that took 2 cups from them...gotta sting that extra bit more haha

And yet in the biggest game of the year both times he was outplayed by the guy he lost to. 2019 Jefferson puts up 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles to Lawrence’s 4 tackles. 2021 both Bighill and Simoni get 5 tackles, but Lawrence disappeared in the second half and blew downfield coverage on both Demski’s and especially Adams’ TDs as well as the Bailey 2 point convert. Was wildly out of position on the convert and had initial coverage responsibility on the Darvin TD play, left flailing his arms in confusion both times. Bighill meanwhile got stronger and made two huge plays late, first making a TD saving tackle early in the 4th near the goal line to keep the Cats from going up 26-10, then stuffed the screen play in OT on 1st and 20 to force the 2nd and 18 INT throw. 

And when Stanley Bryant was truly snubbed for lineman in 2019 against Van Zeyl, he didn’t complain, he let his Grey Cup play show how badly the voters had messed up. Just like true winners do. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

22 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And yet in the biggest game of the year both times he was outplayed by the guy he lost to. 2019 Jefferson puts up 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles to Lawrence’s 4 tackles. 2021 both Bighill and Simoni get 5 tackles, but Lawrence disappeared in the second half and blew downfield coverage on both Demski’s and especially Adams’ TDs as well as the Bailey 2 point convert. Was wildly out of position on the convert and had initial coverage responsibility on the Darvin TD play, left flailing his arms in confusion both times. Bighill meanwhile got stronger and made two huge plays late, first making a TD saving tackle early in the 4th near the goal line to keep the Cats from going up 26-10, then stuffed the screen play in OT on 1st and 20 to force the 2nd and 18 INT throw. 

And when Stanley Bryant was truly snubbed for lineman in 2019 against Van Zeyl, he didn’t complain, he let his Grey Cup play show how badly the voters had messed up. Just like true winners do. 

yup...couldnt have said that better...lol

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That late rouge by the Ti-Cats seems like a sticking point for many but those two FGs inside the 10 are pretty glaring, IMO.

I've been hearing about that late rouge from all non-Bombers fans since the game. "It's the only reason you won!" is a common refrain. I've called bullshit on that right from the get go. So many things would have been different if he'd brought it out....impossible to say they would have got to FG range and made it.