2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

22 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I didn't say they were bad fans, or that we were treated overly bad. In fact I said we met some great people. We were not antagonistic with anybody, and the subtle suggestion that we were is way off. 

I said it was a weird vibe, and for us it was. It was great that you were sorrounded by other Bomber fans, we weren't. So that may explain the different vibe. 

I am not "'pissing on their rug" but you do what you do here. 

I was at the game and live in Hamilton (a few blocks from the stadium). --I'm a Manitoba export, bombers fan obviously--.  It really sucks that you were feeling vibes, there was 26k people in one place, i'm sure there were all vibes good and bad to be found at the game. I will say this, I think Hamilton fans (and myself to be honest) were very surprised to see the amount of Bombers fans. The team had been selling the idea of a "Sea of Black" for the grey cup just like the playoff games. I took my dog for a walk during the East Semi and let me tell you it was 99.99% black. They haven't hosted a grey cup game in decades and i think the average ticats fan showed up naively thinking it'd be the same atmosphere as 2 weeks prior. (My wife estimated 10% bombers fans but that cant be right??).  Hamilton fans in general are great, knowledgeable passionate fans, and out here in the east, that's really appreciated. Not as much as i appreciate MILLER/WALTERS/O'SHEA.

11 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I love everything about this video.

That is a great video! We all agree I think that without Sergio the outcome of the Grey Cup could have been a lot different. The other thing is the long snapper is to often taken for granted and under appreciated. Benson is one of the best in the game and I can't remember one bad snap (over the head, bounced, etc) all year. When he talks about sending darts back that is so true and a large part in limiting the amount of blocked kicks.

10 minutes ago, coach17 said:

That is a great video! We all agree I think that without Sergio the outcome of the Grey Cup could have been a lot different. The other thing is the long snapper is to often taken for granted and under appreciated. Benson is one of the best in the game and I can't remember one bad snap (over the head, bounced, etc) all year. When he talks about sending darts back that is so true and a large part in limiting the amount of blocked kicks.

I agree. 

Earlier in the year, when we couldn't make any field goals, I was very serious when I said that we should just always go for it on 3rd down and two point conversions. However, the way we were (not) moving the ball on Sunday, that would not have worked. Castillo saved us Sunday, IMO. But, that's his job. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Everyone going tonight. Stay safe, 4th wave is very much here, getting multiple emails from child's school about positive cases. 

That's really too bad. 

I know my son and I are going to be masked up and, I hope there's lots of space. I'm curious about the set up and whether they will encourage people to stay on one side or to spread out around the bowl. 

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

I was at the game and live in Hamilton (a few blocks from the stadium). --I'm a Manitoba export, bombers fan obviously--.  It really sucks that you were feeling vibes, there was 26k people in one place, i'm sure there were all vibes good and bad to be found at the game. I will say this, I think Hamilton fans (and myself to be honest) were very surprised to see the amount of Bombers fans. The team had been selling the idea of a "Sea of Black" for the grey cup just like the playoff games. I took my dog for a walk during the East Semi and let me tell you it was 99.99% black. They haven't hosted a grey cup game in decades and i think the average ticats fan showed up naively thinking it'd be the same atmosphere as 2 weeks prior. (My wife estimated 10% bombers fans but that cant be right??).  Hamilton fans in general are great, knowledgeable passionate fans, and out here in the east, that's really appreciated. Not as much as i appreciate MILLER/WALTERS/O'SHEA.

I am not holding it against them. It was fun to be about 2 people in blue in a whole section of black  standing up and cheering for our boys. 

We were treated pretty great. Anywhere we went that day. 

I have heard the Oski-wee-wee chant enough for a lifetime though! 

All in all, thanks to Hamilton for a good time. 

27 minutes ago, JCon said:

My mom just emailed to ask if I was taking my son to the GC party tonight. I said, I was. She said, good because it might be the last time he gets to celebrate for 30 years. 

Rider fans are the worst.

Best response to that: “Well, at least one of us will get to celebrate another championship in the next 30 years, then”. 

51 minutes ago, JCon said:

My mom just emailed to ask if I was taking my son to the GC party tonight. I said, I was. She said, good because it might be the last time he gets to celebrate for 30 years. 

Rider fans are the worst.

Did you remind her about the four cups in over a 100 years? 😀

I have lake friends out in Lake of the Woods area who are Rider fans. Every Labour Day we put on a block party, so no chance to travel to Regina for the big game. But every Sunday our house hosts the Labour Day classic on TV. Half Bomber fans, half Rider fans. And every year have to hear about how bad the Bombers record was on Labour Day. Last year when they walked in in their green, trash talking, I just quietly pulled out a replica Grey Cup and put it in front of the TV. They didn’t say a word after that. 

A life well lived is truly the best revenge. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I have lake friends out in Lake of the Woods area who are Rider fans. Every Labour Day we put on a block party, so no chance to travel to Regina for the big game. But every Sunday our house hosts the Labour Day classic on TV. Half Bomber fans, half Rider fans. And every year have to hear about how bad the Bombers record was on Labour Day. Last year when they walked in in their green, trash talking, I just quietly pulled out a replica Grey Cup and put it in front of the TV. They didn’t say a word after that. 

A life well lived is truly the best revenge. 

You can't choose your mother but you can choose your friends you know.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

You can't choose your mother but you can choose your friends you know.

More my wife’s friends, and she let me go to Grey Cup alone and buy an expensive Bomber fan ring, so the sacrifices we make to keep a happy marriage. But I hear you.

I like to think of it as charity. Suffer on earth to reign in heaven kind of thing. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

More my wife’s friends, and she let me go to Grey Cup alone and buy an expensive Bomber fan ring, so the sacrifices we make to keep a happy marriage. But I hear you.

I like to think of it as charity. Suffer on earth to reign in heaven kind of thing. 

I guess you can't pick your wife's friends, I know I've tried.

23 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

My dad’s a rider fan as well. I feel your pain. :)

Jebus it amazes me that 2 sons of Rider fans have learned to spell and use the computer competently on the same forum. The odds on that have to be astronomical.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I guess you can't pick your wife's friends, I know I've tried.

Nice to meet you, brother!

Honestly, they are decent folks 363 days a year, but the two days Bombers and Riders play they crank it up. The funny thing is the husband is a die hard Bomber fan, his wife and her sister and mom were all from Sask., so the best fights are between them - I just sit back and watch for the most part while they bicker. But he borrowed my Bomber Grey Cup champions season ticket car decal this past year and put it on her car (which has Rider plates on it) and she drove around for a week before she noticed anything. 😂