2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...that stadium is bare bones generic cheapie....noting about it visually screams high end or even professional....wide open grandstands like that sitting out in open on the shores of a huge lake....dumb

Yup. Very bare bones, cold as ****, no protection at all from the weather. The actual bowl is ok. Everything around it is dirty and looks like they are not maintaining the stadium at all. The bathrooms look like Canad Ins bathrooms.

I am glad they have a new stadium, and they do seem to care.

The stadium was very disappointing.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Yup. Very bare bones, cold as ****, no protection at all from the weather. The actual bowl is ok. Everything around it is dirty and looks like they are not maintaining the stadium at all. The bathrooms look like Canad Ins bathrooms.

I remember when the design was first reported. I was confused at why they would build a stadium straight out of the 1950's. I believe $$$ was a huge factor (obviously) but still to hear about it today....they'll be lucky to get 20 yrs out of it.

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I remember when the design was first reported. I was confused at why they would build a stadium straight out of the 1950's. I believe $$$ was a huge factor (obviously) but still to hear about it today....they'll be lucky to get 20 yrs out of it.

Yeah, it is no extras. Very 1950's.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Stole this from Riderfans

first game ever (exhibition)
-first regular season game (our home opener)
-first playoff game (West semi)
-first West final
-first Grey Cup game? Say it aint so.

I hope O'Day has a plan for '22, if the Bombers win the Grey Cup at Mosaic we may have to bulldoze it and start again. If they keep that team together they will certainly be the favourites.

this is content I can use.

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The old Ivor Wynne stadium was a craphole.  I remember Doug Brown writing a column about how bad that stadium was, basically trying to shame Hamilton into doing something about what poor condition they were keeping it in (including the lights in the visitor dressing room all being burnt out?).  So they finally decide to get a new stadium, and build an old stadium.  It makes no sense.

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The old Ivor Wynne stadium was a craphole.  I remember Doug Brown writing a column about how bad that stadium was, basically trying to shame Hamilton into doing something about what poor condition they were keeping it in (including the lights in the visitor dressing room all being burnt out?).  So they finally decide to get a new stadium, and build an old stadium.  It makes no sense.

I seem to remember him also saying that they had no hot water in the visitors dressing room showers.    

I did check out the old stadium it was as plain as one could imagine.   The concessions were also extremely poor. 

So... after back to Back Grey Cup victories over the Ticats- the latest one in a soul crushing defeat in front of 25,000 passionate fans bringing forth a river of ticat faithful tears....  I guess we are now even for this affront:

giphy.gif

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So... after back to Back Grey Cup victories over the Ticats- the latest one in a soul crushing defeat in front of 25,000 passionate fans bringing forth a river of ticat faithful tears....  I guess we are now even for this affront:

https://giphy.com/gifs/3og0IEfwbLCsBc5aVi

Ugh... I remember Michael Bishop throwing the INT that led to that TD celebration by the Cats.  That was a win and in situation, and they encouraged all the fans to wear blue to make it a "Blue-out".    And if I recall correctly, that was Kevin Glenn that led the Cats that game, and the Bombers were under the Mike Kelly **** show that year. 

Why are you brining up these painful memories @wanna-b-fanboy???  This is supposed to be a celebration thread!

Edited by captaincanuck12

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Right after Adams scored the OT touchdown they panned to Banks on the sidelines with his parka on sitting down with his usual sullen face when things aren’t going his way. A team leader would have been standing up and getting is O crew ready to go score to even things up no? Or am I being too critical? Like c’mon man game ain’t over yet. Like if I’m on the O and I look over to Banks the first feeling I get is NOT inspiration.

Not in the slightest.  I thought/said the same thing. He had completely and utterly surrendered/checked out while they still had a chance.

He whined and checked out of the game in 2019 and he did it again yesterday.

He just strikes me as selfish and self absorbed...not a "team" guy.

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Trifecta!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e015e44c3605a40a80

Lol...Alexander Nichols bringing his hands to his head as to say, "Arrghhh I could have ended the game", only to realize, "Hey! I helped to end the game!"

Edited by Deiter Fan

9 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Ugh... I remember Michael Bishop throwing the INT that led to that TD celebration by the Cats.  That was a win and in situation, and they encouraged all the fans to wear blue to make it a "Blue-out".    And if I recall correctly, that was Kevin Glenn that led the Cats that game, and the Bombers were under the Mike Kelly **** show that year. 

Why are you brining up these painful memories @wanna-b-fanboy???  This is supposed to be a celebration thread!

We also got absolutely **** stomped 55-10 in the Banjo Bowl that year. The Mike Kelly era was pretty freaking putrid.

That hit by BA was bone crushing.

5 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Not in the slightest.  I thought/said the same thing. He had completely and utterly surrendered/checked out while they still had a chance.

He whined and checked out of the game in 2019 and he did it again yesterday.

He just strikes me as selfish and self absorbed...not a "team" guy.

Lol...Alexander bringing his hands to his head as to say, "Arrghhh I could have ended the game", only to realize, "Hey! I helped to end the game!"

Nichols not BA, but yeah!

31 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Is it though? Your celebration thread is my "axe to grind thread"....

Next up... vengeance for the "Breaking of Drew Wily". <insert maniacal laughter>

🤣:D😁

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Caretaker Bob didn't get much funding help and built what could be afforded. Still a ton better than Ivor Wynne.

24 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Trifecta!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e015e44c3605a40a80

Awesome....Nicholls just about to beat himself up for letting the INT go through his hands and then Rose and Wilson say "hold my beer".