2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, JCon said:

RE: Final play of the game. I didn't realize that it was interception. I thought it hit the ground and bounced into Wilson's hands. It took a few seconds of the Bombers cheering before I caught up, along with the Smith and Suitor. There was a solid 5 seconds of confusion for me. 

OMG this... I sat there for like 30 seconds not sure what was going on.  I though it hit the ground, and that review was going to take it away from me.  I kept on asking my buddies, "Did we win?!"

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

So glad Simoni didn't win.

Right after Adams scored the OT touchdown they panned to Banks on the sidelines with his parka on sitting down with his usual sullen face when things aren’t going his way. A team leader would have been standing up and getting is O crew ready to go score to even things up no? Or am I being too critical? Like c’mon man game ain’t over yet. Like if I’m on the O and I look over to Banks the first feeling I get is NOT inspiration.

3 minutes ago, Saidin said:

OMG this... I sat there for like 30 seconds not sure what was going on.  I though it hit the ground, and that review was going to take it away from me.  I kept on asking my buddies, "Did we win?!"

My son said, it's over!

And, I really didn't understand and said, it was only 2nd down.

He said, it was an interception. 

And, sure enough, it was. 

I watched the replay in that clip and it all happened so fast but I swear I didn't see the players running in from the side for a long time. 

5 minutes ago, Saidin said:

I felt the same way too (probably more like a few seconds but felt like 30) but when I saw the bombers celebrating and the cats dejectedly walking on the field for hand shakes… I knew it wasn’t in question…

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That wind was legit by the way. Balls were going sideways

insane....I guess that explains the offensive miscues going against it. I'll just be happy with the win and stop questioning the offense. Doesn't matter how they did it...just that they found a way. 

I did not know this fact. This fourth quarter comeback was the second largest fourth quarter come from behind victory in Grey Cup history!  https://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats/opinion/2021/12/12/cfl-grey-cup-game-hamilton-tiger-cats-winnipeg-blue-bombers.html

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was like this in the West Final....when we knocked it down on 3rd down, I was really lost and didn't realize what down it was. Couldn't figure out why they were celebrating...thought it was a fumble or something. But last night....I fell outta my chair. Knew immediately....in OT, if you turn it over, that's it. Done. 

It was one of those things where you aren't sure if they made the play or not. With replay you sometimes never know! 

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

insane....I guess that explains the offensive miscues going against it. I'll just be happy with the win and stop questioning the offense. Doesn't matter how they did it...just that they found a way. 

Yeah. In warm up Castillo was scraping the cross bar from 35 yards. 

The stadium is just wide open. Field is at grade. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

RE: Final play of the game. I didn't realize that it was interception. I thought it hit the ground and bounced into Wilson's hands. It took a few seconds of the Bombers cheering before I caught up, along with the Smith and Suitor. There was a solid 5 seconds of confusion for me. 

That final play of the game should be dubbed "The Immaculate Interception!"

55 minutes ago, Saidin said:

Weird not me. I automatically let out my victory shrill with a loud wooooooo and a we win they lose statement. In retrospect I’m surprised I didn’t have a delayed response like you and others on this because it would have been awfully awkward for me of it wasn’t the end of the game yet. Yup in real time ones not sure whether that int would hold up until looking at the replay.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

They have to get worse before they’re gonna get better - that OL needs a commitment to an entire rebuild, which means developing some guys since you can’t afford to just buy one.

they also need to change their entire persona on D … less selfish guys, more team guys. See you later Marshall, Gainey and Leonard. More guys like Micah Johnson. 

exactly.....also Edam and Purifoy could be tossed away.....and Oline...man to fix it fast will cost huge bucks, and rob you elsewhere....and even the inhouse guys now to groom don't look to be all-star calibre.....512K hanging around the Faj's neck hurts them too....I also think head coach and his inability to reign in that team hurts them...tho a better locker room could fix that to a degree...they need a lot of help at reviever too...I don't think Williams is an answer there...guys a knob and not a locke room guy...or character one for that matter...Powell too should be moved on from....and a revamp of linebackers....lotta work needed there to turn them around as legit contender....Calgary next year is gonna be a tougher team, as I am sure the esks will be too

39 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I could go on and on about that place but we did meet some very nice people.

So out of respect to them, I will refrain. 

yeah...that stadium is bare bones generic cheapie....noting about it visually screams high end or even professional....wide open grandstands like that sitting out in open on the shores of a huge lake....dumb

1 hour ago, blue85gold said:

Matt Nichols post shoulder injury. Matt could hit the deep ball once upon a time. 

Nichols never had the arm to put deep balls over the shoulder guys always had to come back to the ball. But he could get it there. Fajardo makes 20 plus yard throws look like 80 yard field goal attempts. 

And Nichols always played his best in big games. 

Fajardo is an over hyped Nealon Greene. Hes not even a poor man's Kerry Joseph on his best day. 

3 minutes ago, do or die said:

O’Shea is now six-for-six in Grey Cup games. He won all three of his appearances as a player (1996, 1997, 2004), his only appearance as an assistant coach (2012), and both of his appearances as a head coach (2019, 2021).

Winner

Kinda like Cal Murphy version 2

At first when I heard that I thought it was crazy. Then I thought it was just what mos does. And the Canadian Mafia. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Nichols never had the arm to put deep balls over the shoulder guys always had to come back to the ball.

I don't want to derail this thread. But this statement is flat out false. See WPG vs OTT 2019 in Ott for just one example. Early 2019 Nichols led the league in deep ball completions. His arm strength was not a problem until his most recent injury.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't want to derail this thread. But this statement is flat out false. See WPG vs OTT 2019 in Ott for just one example. Early 2019 Nichols led the league in deep ball completions. His arm strength was not a problem until his most recent injury.

Go look at the wrs coming back to the ball. Over the shoulders only happened inside of 20 Ish yards down field. Look at any play off game highlight and it's clear. They break off and come back.

You can over come having a smaller arm if you get it out fast. Nichols was never a guy who could hit 30 or 40 yard over the shoulder moon shoots. His 20 to 40s were timing based. Which Fajardo couldn't do in his wildest dreams. Fajardo relies on 10 yard versions on slants. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=495298591230499

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/10/15/matt-nichols-touchdown/

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/07/05/recap-winnipeg-29-ottawa-14/ (12 second in)

Here are just a couple throws that prove he could in fact hit the wr deep in stride. That's the last I'll say about this.

Nichols could hit the deep ball before his injuries, he didn't have a rocket arm but he wasn't noodle arm until 2018.    

Fajardo's deep balls just look so awkward and weak.  Unless they completely change their O and can acquire a few stud O-linemen and then build around the short game.... I don't see him winning games on his arm.