2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

RE: Final play of the game. I didn't realize that it was interception. I thought it hit the ground and bounced into Wilson's hands. It took a few seconds of the Bombers cheering before I caught up, along with the Smith and Suitor. There was a solid 5 seconds of confusion for me. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

RE: Final play of the game. I didn't realize that it was interception. I thought it hit the ground and bounced into Wilson's hands. It took a few seconds of the Bombers cheering before I caught up, along with the Smith and Suitor. There was a solid 5 seconds of confusion for me. 

Yup....Rose...one of best Grey Cup plays ever....to do that, and loft it to wilson...amazing....almost unbelievable...right there he earned his pro-rated salary....that and his 3rd down stuff

Stole this from Riderfans

first game ever (exhibition)
-first regular season game (our home opener)
-first playoff game (West semi)
-first West final
-first Grey Cup game? Say it aint so.

I hope O'Day has a plan for '22, if the Bombers win the Grey Cup at Mosaic we may have to bulldoze it and start again. If they keep that team together they will certainly be the favourites.

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Stole this from Riderfans

first game ever (exhibition)
-first regular season game (our home opener)
-first playoff game (West semi)
-first West final
-first Grey Cup game? Say it aint so.

I hope O'Day has a plan for '22, if the Bombers win the Grey Cup at Mosaic we may have to bulldoze it and start again. If they keep that team together they will certainly be the favourites.

Riders are going to have a hard time being more than average so long as they've got a game manager at QB. They should be looking to upgrade but I think they've been pumping the guy up so much as this amazing QB that they have the blinders on. The problem was never that the receivers weren't catching 50/50 balls. He isn't able to put the ball in the right spot. 

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

Happy for Sergio....maybe he finally has found his home....hope so....plus he can punt as well....

If he re-signs with Winnipeg have to wonder if the bombers won't shop Liegghio to a team looking for a Canadian option at punter and future placekicker.  I see Sergio being our guy for the rest of his career. 

relying on 50/50 ball success as your offence being successful is just bad anyway....he can't do much past 12-15 yards, and at 30 next year....it won't improve.....they definitely have blinders on there seeing Faj as the "guy"

If they were smart they would go all in on Masoli next year...he needs a change now from the Hammer and he could do more there than the Faj

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

If he re-signs with Winnipeg have to wonder if the bombers won't shop Liegghio to a team looking for a Canadian option at punter and future placekicker.  I see Sergio being our guy for the rest of his career. 

yup....could be our Medlock 2.0....and he seems to be happy here....and having him do both, gives us that extra roster player...can allow us to have Grey and Eli dressed everygame....

2 hours ago, Mike said:

The most glaring thing about the report is the suggestion Edmonton wants to hire a guy to do both the GM/HC job because they’re up against the cap for staff.

Why would O’Shea put himself in that spot? Sure, he gets paid but how would he build himself a staff that can succeed?

No kidding. Would he want to start over from scratch again? 

I'm not O'Shea is the type wants to be a GM/HC but what do I know? He seems to like being right in there with the players and GM is one more level removed from that.  GM is a totally different skill set.

8 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Riders are going to have a hard time being more than average so long as they've got a game manager at QB. They should be looking to upgrade but I think they've been pumping the guy up so much as this amazing QB that they have the blinders on. The problem was never that the receivers weren't catching 50/50 balls. He isn't able to put the ball in the right spot. 

They've shown they can win with him.

They need to fix their OL and defence. It's gonna take a few years - if they can make the right moves.

14 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Rider fans think they have Mike Reilly coming into his prime while the rest of us see Fajardo for the mobile version of Matt Nichols that he is 

56 minutes ago, JCon said:

Honestly I wasn't sure if we had won for what felt like 30 seconds. 

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They've shown they can win with him.

They need to fix their OL and defence. It's gonna take a few years - if they can make the right moves.

For them, it's going to be a matter of them committing to rebuilding and staying the course.  They aren't one or two pieces away.  It's a fundamentally flawed team.

The question is will the management have the fortitude to stick to that plan in the face of pressure.

Just now, voodoochylde said:

For them, it's going to be a matter of them committing to rebuilding and staying the course.  They aren't one or two pieces away.  It's a fundamentally flawed team.

The question is will the management have the fortitude to stick to that plan in the face of pressure.

They have to get worse before they’re gonna get better - that OL needs a commitment to an entire rebuild, which means developing some guys since you can’t afford to just buy one.

they also need to change their entire persona on D … less selfish guys, more team guys. See you later Marshall, Gainey and Leonard. More guys like Micah Johnson. 

7 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Honestly I wasn't sure if we had won for what felt like 30 seconds. 

I was like this in the West Final....when we knocked it down on 3rd down, I was really lost and didn't realize what down it was. Couldn't figure out why they were celebrating...thought it was a fumble or something. But last night....I fell outta my chair. Knew immediately....in OT, if you turn it over, that's it. Done. 

Edited by Noeller