2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

Good morning fellow fans of the back to back Champs. Look forward to rewatching this game. Any one think it's going to be an all time great Grey Cup?

Drama great story line big come back ot clutch insane play and shutting down the same team in back to back years at home no less. 

The fans around the league will really hate us now and tsn was all in on the cats. The vitriol only makes it all the sweeter though. 

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

To me it didnt look intentional. Also, Evans looked horrendous in that game... Masoli gave the Cats a huge spark when he stepped in

Agreed. At first I thought he grabbed face mask but he just had his hand on the side of Evans head. That play already had a rtp it's not like they could've thrown the same flag again lol. 

If Evans stays in the Bombers cruise to a win. Masoli was a game changer. But he still went full Masoli in the end. 

45 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

This game was a classic unlike the WSF a few weeks ago, which some were calling a classic.

Absolutely a classic, IMO. Momentum swings, big plays, lead changes - this game had it all. And on the biggest stage.

Last Sunday had some memorable moments but I wouldn't label it a classic by any means.

I'm still just in awe of this team. Going back to back in such impressive fashion...

YARN | I am without speech. | Seinfeld (1989) - S03E20 The Good Samaritan |  Video gifs by quotes | 24f2d1d8 | 紗

true statement of team and why we win, and was how we were built....Cats focused om the Jeff's.....our guys in middle stepped up...even tho the Jeff's were still impactfull

Take away run, and Demski....no problem....Bailey and Adams with key grabs, and Woli clutch as always when utilized

Wilson, as like last playoffs...just makes solid big assed plays....lets Biggie do his thing.....Darby...solid....best acquisition last year....I thought he could have had some MOP consideration in Grey Cup...guy is flat out good, and is exactly the lockeroom/culture guy this team seeks....

Our rookie DB's....game changers, reason why we won today...Alfrod is a stud and took a lot of limelight away from Nichols, but he has been flat out best in league at his spot all yr...without him..we don't win the cup....Rose....thank you Kyle for having the $$ for his possible return...his play to get ball to Wilson was epic...one of all-time great Grey Cup plays

Collaros...what can you say...kept his wits about him when he messed up and odds seemed stacked against us...didnt show any weakness went about business and got job done when it was crunch time....dude just wins....many others would have wilted and imploded...hello CFaj

Adams was clutch...just like in 2019 playoffs...thats why he here, and Zack alluded to that too...just made the big plays...kept boys calm....irritated the Cats...love me some Adams any big game....And Bailey....who wouldn't want a a guy like that on the squad....really evolved this year....and dude is clutch..good...and all about team...Cats focused on our stud Lawler...Bailey and others picked up the slack

Harris....what can u say....last part of 4th...in O.T....he was huge....key to the comeback success

Man...just love this squad....wanna see em all back to be honest...sadly tho...some wont be

As someone who coaches special teams for a while, I can honestly say the point single was not the worst decision I've seen. It was a high wind day, difficult to judge the ball. In those circumstances I would never instruct a player to let a kickoff get behind you. It's a live ball and you never know when it hits the turf how it will bounce. Letting it past you could result in a TD. You field kickoffs in the wind and don't get cute with it. Also, the returner would have been coached that field position against the wind is of paramount importance. If you don't see an obvious lane take the knee and take the ball at the 35. I know that the single point did not allow the Cats to win, but in my opinion, getting the ball for sure at the 35 against the wind is what allows them to even have a FG to try. If the returner gets tackled at his own 20 I don't like Hamilton's odds of driving the field for a FG try for the win against a gale force wind. 

In retrospect, it turned out to be a bad decision but we'll never know how it might have played out if he brought it out or let it go by. Could have bounced sideways and died in the end zone with the Bombers recovering it for the win, returner could have been hemmed in and tackled at his 15-20 yard line like he was in the 1st Q when he brought it out. 

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

If they offer a promotion I don't think they can. That's not how the Bombers roll either denying access is death for retaining and getting young coaches. 

Maybe have the league look into tampering though. 

You can deny permission even if it is a promotion. We did it to Lapo a couple years ago when the Riders wanted him for HC. That being said I don't think we would deny him, nor do I think Madani's report is anywhere even remotely accurate.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You can deny permission even if it is a promotion. We did it to Lapo a couple years ago when the Riders wanted him for HC. That being said I don't think we would deny him, nor do I think Madani's report is anywhere even remotely accurate.

The most glaring thing about the report is the suggestion Edmonton wants to hire a guy to do both the GM/HC job because they’re up against the cap for staff.

Why would O’Shea put himself in that spot? Sure, he gets paid but how would he build himself a staff that can succeed?

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Darby...solid....best acquisition last year....I thought he could have had some MOP consideration in Grey Cup...guy is flat out good, and is exactly the lockeroom/culture guy this team seeks....

Darby stood out to me in the GC, the guy was all over the place. Considering the price we paid to acquire him I'd say he's delivering bang for our buck

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

To me it didnt look intentional. Also, Evans looked horrendous in that game... Masoli gave the Cats a huge spark when he stepped in

Yeah, as soon as i saw Masoli was in i got real nervous. He usually seems to play well against us and QB's off the bench more often than not give the team a spark.

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Evans was already hurt in EF on his TD run...go watch the head to head shot he took from Butler...and then he popped into the endzone...I actually all week was wondering if he would play to be honest...U can see the impact, and his reaction...then after was seen grabbing back of his neck....just like in the Grey Cup....he also had those athletic strips on his neck at start of game if u look....he re-injured it on that sack falling to ground....almost thinking he shouldn't even have been cleared to play as he clearly had a neck injury he was dealing with...seen that impact/injury happen many times in my life...go re-watch EF and u will see exactly what I am talking about, and when it happned

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

The most glaring thing about the report is the suggestion Edmonton wants to hire a guy to do both the GM/HC job because they’re up against the cap for staff.

Why would O’Shea put himself in that spot? Sure, he gets paid but how would he build himself a staff that can succeed?

yup...they need a dual guy.....plain and simple.....and I have no worries about Osh leaving for that...he is not gonna desert his team...not how he wired...plus...who would leave this?....u would have to be crazy

same with our free agents...I have no off-season worries at all....not a single one, other than NFL possible opportunities... I just hope they deem BA as too old now.....if he was doing this going into the 2019 season he would have been gonzo

1 minute ago, JCon said:

ahh....see...there u go...knew it

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

I agree, especially since he has zero experience as a GM. He would need a John Murphy type hire and if there is no money that makes it tough.

1 hour ago, Stretch said:

Cal Murphy has a statue and he only won one cup as Bombers head coach. Just saying...

Although Murphy did win another 2 as Bombers GM.

I'd be ok with an O'Shea statue if he wins another Grey Cup with the team.

If O'Shea wins another Coach and of the year award and another Grey Cup he'll actually be in the discussion as one of the best CFL coaches ever.

10 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Another absolutely critical play that I think is going to go largely unnoticed is Lawler’s OPI that prevented an interception. Just massive.

That OPI was massive - One, of many, TSN turning points.

10 hours ago, Saidin said:

Ok people with some real press credentials STILL don't know that in the last 3 minutes you have to kick off, no taking the ball on the 35... I can't believe how many people have that wrong.

Hope that's clear for you all too.  

I pride myself on being pretty aware of the rules and I had no clue that you couldn't take the ball in the last 3 minutes.... I was super confused when they didn't.

4 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

That OPI was massive - One, of many, TSN turning points.

I pride myself on being pretty aware of the rules and I had no clue that you couldn't take the ball in the last 3 minutes.... I was super confused when they didn't.

Yea I'm pretty sure it was setup like that so teams still have an opportunity for an onside kick.