2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

1 minute ago, Starman115 said:

That's what some people have said. It's just hard to believe that he didn't receive clear instructions from the coaching staff given the significance of the  situation. I'd be really curious to know if he was just following instructions or something else happened there.

Steinhauer just said that they gave him the option to take it out or not.

I can honestly say that my reaction to this win is sheer happiness. Happiness that we came through & won a championship like we expected to do from Day 1. I'm just grinning & feel very satisfied. Very, very happy. 

in 2019, I was weepy & emotional when we won as we finally got that 29 year old ******* monkey off our back. I was so relieved when the long, long drought finally ended. The first one was indeed special. However, this one is special in its own kind of way. No tears of joy. Just a fist pumping Hell Ya for our win tonight!! Being retired, I don't have to get up & go to work tomorrow. I think I may warm my soul with a few more rum & cokes tonight. Gawd, DO WE DESERVE THIS OR WHAT??????

10 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Not convinced that the kneel is as impactful as some are suggesting. It gave them significant field position. Defense and offense would have been playing differently as well had Hamilton only been down by 2 points. 

I think this is absolutely correct. The ticats did march down to the five

but! They also had a third-and-long they had to convert. Who knows what would have happened if they had to start 20 yards or so yards deeper

Edited by White Out

I'm just watching the Tsn coverage post game and it sounds like the entire crew aside from Milt just had their best friend die.  

Like what kind of **** show is this.  That interview with Matthew Scianity and Orlando Steinhauer seemed that Matthew was crying in agony. Like ok, so much for unbiased reporting. Even Rod Smith and Suitor are crying because Hamilton lost.

Like i get the idea of Hamilton winning a Grey Cup in Hamilton , but geeze there's another team that is vying for a second championship after 30 years of futility.  That is truly something special as well.

Anyways this is so great to see another championship in Winnipeg.  The elation of the back to back is real.. what a fantastic Christmas present!

We are Champions!!!!

Edited by captaincanuck12

13 minutes ago, White Out said:

I think this is absolutely correct. The ticats did march down to the five

but! They also had a third-and-long they had to convert. Who knows what would have happened if they had to start 20 years or so yards deeper

yeah..  Chances are they would have been at the very least attempting a much more difficult field goal against the wind. 

31 minutes ago, Starman115 said:

From what I'm reading on social media, many Ti Cat fans are viewing that kneel kinda like the Riders' 13th man. They're in disbelief.

I can at least understand that there might be a tiny bit of strategy behind that decision. I can’t believe that unnecessary roughness penalty. Absolutely moronic play

20 minutes ago, Nolby said:

As soon as I saw this guy take a chug out of that toy cup I said to my girlfriend that will haunt Hamilton.

Ha me too. Not your GF.

Turned to my Wife while pointing at that dude chugging his beer from the gray stien- that means we are going to win, with an interception.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I'm just watching the Tsn coverage post game and it sounds like the entire crew aside from Milt just had their best friend die.  

Like what kind of **** show is this.  That interview with Matthew Scianity and Orlando Steinhauer seemed that Matthew was crying in agony. Like ok, so much for unbiased reporting. Even Rod Smith and Suitor are crying because Hamilton lost.

Like i get the idea of Hamilton winning a Grey Cup in Hamilton , but geeze there's another team that is vying for a second championship after 30 years of futility.  That is truly something special as well.

Anyways this is so great to see another championship in Winnipeg.  The elation of the back to back is real.. what a fantastic Christmas present!

We are Champions!!!!

That kind of **** is the reason the league is in trouble. Younger fans see it & go the league is bush. Scianetti ( who is usually pretty good) was whispering his questions to Steinhauer like a family member had died. Ridiculous. Ask the questions. Be professional. Do your job. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That kind of **** is the reason the league is in trouble. Younger fans see it & go the league is bush. Scianetti ( who is usually pretty good) was whispering his questions to Steinhauer like a family member had died. Ridiculous. Ask the questions. Be professional. Do your job. 

Yup. He’s a pro, treat him like one.

TSN had racing highlights on 40 minutes after the Grey Cup. They really do very little to grow our game.

BACK TO BACK COULDN’T FEEL ANY BETTER

(that being said a small handful of you sound like a whiny group of woe is me everyone is out to get us type Rider fans … gross) 

(also to the people who didn’t think the Arkells was a well done halftime show that can bring eyes to the league, nobody cares what you and the dinosaurs at your bridge club think about these things)

GO BOMBERS

1 minute ago, Mike said:

BACK TO BACK COULDN’T FEEL ANY BETTER

(that being said a small handful of you sound like a whiny group of woe is me everyone is out to get us type Rider fans … gross) 

(also to the people who didn’t think the Arkells was a well done halftime show that can bring eyes to the league, nobody cares what you and the dinosaurs at your bridge club think about these things)

GO BOMBERS

Thanks Mom.

21 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Haven't experienced such biased commentating since the Jays beat the Phillies in '93. Before that it was when the Jays beat the Braves in '92.

Edited by Deiter Fan