2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

Happy for every Bomber fan here tonight. After so many years of futility, we win back to back Grey Cups. Fans now have 12 championships to cherish & we deserve it. The Bombers accomplished everything they set out to do in 2021.  As they say, these are the Good Old Days. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Happy for every Bomber fan here tonight. After so many years of futility, we win back to back Grey Cups. Fans now have 2 championships to cherish & we deserve it. The Bombers accomplished everything they set out to do in 2021.  As they say, these are the Good Old Days. 

Yup weve been though some lean ass years. Before 2019 i was 11 for our last championship. This is a great time to be alive and a Bomber fan!!

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Do you mean in the Riders' barn?

I do. Is that not where the Cup is next year?

1 minute ago, Starman115 said:

From what I'm reading on social media, many Ti Cat fans are viewing that kneel kinda like the Riders' 13th man. They're in disbelief.

Not a bad comparison, actually

4 minutes ago, Starman115 said:

From what I'm reading on social media, many Ti Cat fans are viewing that kneel kinda like the Riders' 13th man. They're in disbelief.

That was a strange decision but i mean who knows the outcome even if that kneel down didnt happen. Maybe our defense, knowing a field goal wins it for Hamilton, ramps up their intensity and locks it down on that last drive. If ifs and buts were candies and nuts......

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Just now, rebusrankin said:

After so many bad eras (Reinbold, Daley, Burke) and wondering if I'd ever see the boys win another cup, this is just sweet.

I think it's hard (and thankfully so)  for our younger fans to fathom the heartache and emotional toll 30 years does to a fan. The 01 loss. The Riders loss in TO. Swaggerville losing to BC. ****. "Unfinished business volumes 1, 2,3".

It makes these back to backs even sweeter. I swear to god this must be what heroine feels  like

Steinhauer was just asked about the kneel and just brushed it off. Just said that if they would have converted that last touchdown it wouldnt have mattered. Said he wouldnt have changed anything. Kudos to him for not making excuses or playing the blame game.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Steinhauer was just asked about the kneel and just brushed it off. Just said that if they would have converted that last touchdown it wouldnt have mattered. Said he wouldnt have changed anything. Kudos to him for not making excuses or playing the blame game.

Steinhauer is a class act. 

11 minutes ago, Starman115 said:

It could be put into the same category and I can see their view on it. That Rider **** up has gone down in CFL as the biggest bone headed play of all time.

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

Another absolutely critical play that I think is going to go largely unnoticed is Lawler’s OPI that prevented an interception. Just massive.

Even though they were backbreaking, kudos to ZC for making the effort on his INTs and preventing a pick 6. That barn would have gone bonanza if that'd happened.

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

Tbh on the TSN highlights it looked like the returner legit didn't realize a touchback there on a kickoff gave up a point...

That's what some people have said. It's just hard to believe that he didn't receive clear instructions from the coaching staff given the significance of the  situation. I'd be really curious to know if he was just following instructions or something else happened there.