2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

In his coach of the year speech, MOS mentioned that he lets his DC and OC run those aspects of the team. Not sure he wants to be coach and GM.

I don't think he does either. I doing both jobs is like representing your self as a lawyer. Makes you bad at both jobs. 

The relationship he seems to have with wade and walters etc isn't easy to replicate. They all get it the culture and love of football. 

My money is on Lawler for mop of the gc. I think he's gonna have another career game. He's gonna put on a real show. 

What a great tribute to Brian Williams.  My best memory of him was the final broadcast from the Vancouver Olympics.  Just embodied the Canadian pride and spirit we had after 14 golds (which is still a record by a host nation).   Iconic voice.  Fantastic person.  Great and humble Canadian.  Enjoy retirement!

3 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

What a great tribute to Brian Williams.  My best memory of him was the final broadcast from the Vancouver Olympics.  Just embodied the Canadian pride and spirit we had after 14 golds (which is still a record by a host nation).   Iconic voice.  Fantastic person.  Great and humble Canadian.  Enjoy retirement!

I enjoyed that too. I also wish Bob had agreed to a guest appearance on the broadcast. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If they offer a promotion I don't think they can. That's not how the Bombers roll either denying access is death for retaining and getting young coaches. 

Maybe have the league look into tampering though. 

I would question whether a head coach or GM can truly be promoted under that policy.  They are at the top of the mountain.  Permission would have to be granted like it was for Jones and Saskatchewan after 2015 although I doubt the Bombers are as eager as everyone seems to be to move on from Jones after a couple years.

5 minutes ago, bluto said:

I'd ignore the O'Shea story.

We have a new-ish coach that we haven't burnt through yet.

Cats have Stein and seem happy with him.

Can't see anywhere else tempting him.

Stein is reportedly NCAA bound again. I’m not sure it happens but can anyone imagine Osh going to coach the team he just beat twice in the GC? 

Just can’t see it. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...I would feel confident saying Osh would decline the esks wanting to talk to him.

Osh is loyal and has a true legendary legacy growing here..he won't be going anywhere...and if he was eventually would be to the east...but he and his family are truly entrenched here..so even that is a stretch...he loves it here..and here loves him..

On a different note..I like BLM on the panel..and doing insights...he's good...I also don't dislike him as a player...I like his cockiness and bravdo..so if u truly dislike him...u must have disliked dunnigan too

I disliked Dunigan in one game in 1988, otherwise definitely loved him.