2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

9 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Who is broadcasting tonight? Smith or Nielsen?

Smith.... Happy for him. He's earned the right. 

Last weekend I felt a ton of anxiety about the Riders game. I felt all kinds of worry about something going wrong. This weekend I don't. I just feel confident that we're so much better than everyone else in the league. Bob's gonna get a storybook finish with a championship in his final year, and if Osh jumps to Edmonton for a promotion, he'll be going out as a champ. 

No over thinking this.... The best team in the league all year is going to finish it in style. 

Edmonton can pursue O’Shea all they want, he’s not Chris Jones and I don’t see him jumping ship

Promotion? Who says O’Shea wants one? He seems to enjoy being the coach and I think O’Shea knows just as well as anyone that the level of detail and effort he puts in as a coach couldn’t be replicated if he was a GM

Structure? There isn’t any in Edmonton. It’s a mess. Culturally, that franchise is a disaster and O’Shea isn’t just going to give away everything he’s built

Money? We can pay O’Shea as much as we need to in order to match a dual role offer. If the coaching cap is a potential hurdle, how hard is it to also give him a front office salary to be VP of Daily Front Office Muffin and Coffee Delivery

Family? If he goes anywhere, it’ll be back to Ontario

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Smith.... Happy for him. He's earned the right. 

Last weekend I felt a ton of anxiety about the Riders game. I felt all kinds of worry about something going wrong. This weekend I don't. I just feel confident that we're so much better than everyone else in the league. Bob's gonna get a storybook finish with a championship in his final year, and if Osh jumps to Edmonton for a promotion, he'll be going out as a champ. 

No over thinking this.... The best team in the league all year is going to finish it in style. 

I was a bit skeptical about Rod Smith but I'm becoming more and more of a fan. He's really improved as a play by play guy.

Yeah...I would feel confident saying Osh would decline the esks wanting to talk to him.

Osh is loyal and has a true legendary legacy growing here..he won't be going anywhere...and if he was eventually would be to the east...but he and his family are truly entrenched here..so even that is a stretch...he loves it here..and here loves him..

On a different note..I like BLM on the panel..and doing insights...he's good...I also don't dislike him as a player...I like his cockiness and bravdo..so if u truly dislike him...u must have disliked dunnigan too

Just now, Mike said:

Edmonton can pursue O’Shea all they want, he’s not Chris Jones and I don’t see him jumping ship

Promotion? Who says O’Shea wants one? He seems to enjoy being the coach and I think O’Shea knows just as well as anyone that the level of detail and effort he puts in as a coach couldn’t be replicated if he was a GM

Structure? There isn’t any in Edmonton. It’s a mess. Culturally, that franchise is a disaster and O’Shea isn’t just going to give away everything he’s built

Money? We can pay O’Shea as much as we need to in order to match a dual role offer. If the coaching cap is a potential hurdle, how hard is it to also give him a front office salary to be VP of Daily Front Office Muffin and Coffee Delivery

Family? If he goes anywhere, it’ll be back to Ontario

Yeah if anything the opening in Toronto might be a bit of a concern if we're worried about "promotions" although I don't get the sense that O'Shea is interested in a front office gig at this point of his life.

My only thought about Osh going west is because Junior is out in BC playing football, but it's not like he's there forever so it seems silly to move to Edm just because MJ is playing in Okanagan currently. 

As has been mentioned, I only think he leaves to go back home. Wade will over pay to keep him, as he should. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My only thought about Osh going west is because Junior is out in BC playing football, but it's not like he's there forever so it seems silly to move to Edm just because MJ is playing in Okanagan currently. 

As has been mentioned, I only think he leaves to go back home. Wade will over pay to keep him, as he should. 

I believe any ties to the West beyond Winnipeg have been removed. 
I believe his sone is now at Guelph 

edit: bad link

Edited by GCJenks