2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

Two well coached teams and honestly, while I obviously want to win, I’m happy we’re playing an opponent I can respect. Simoni is a bit of a nuisance, but I bet the Ticats feel like Alexander is our very own Simoni.

If I was a betting man, I’d have no problem taking the Bombers -6.5 today. Home crowd is going to be a factor but Dane Evans struggled against us last time he faced us and I really see no reason why this time around will be any different. Good team they’ve got over there, just not good enough. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Two well coached teams and honestly, while I obviously want to win, I’m happy we’re playing an opponent I can respect. Simoni is a bit of a nuisance, but I bet the Ticats feel like Alexander is our very own Simoni.

If I was a betting man, I’d have no problem taking the Bombers -6.5 today. Home crowd is going to be a factor but Dane Evans struggled against us last time he faced us and I really see no reason why this time around will be any different. Good team they’ve got over there, just not good enough. 

They have the skill, but not the physicality. The Bombers have an indisputable edge at QB and OL. But - any given Sunday...

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I have a hard time seeing them stop our run game with Ted out. And I don't see their ol doing well against our dl. I just couldn't bet against much better line play. 

But I do agree ham is a very good team and well coached. Banks is a weenie and simoni is a pos but other wise they are much more likeable than the 19 cats. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

They have the skill, but not the physicality. The Bombers have an indisputable edge at QB and OL. But - any given Sunday...

And dl plus rb. 

We have edge on both lines...running game...DB's...receivers...and QB (tho they have better depth)

Home crowd..pfft ..that will just amp up our guys more than hinder...we also have basically the same offence crew..and defensive crew starting back to back grey cups...this alone has been wayyyy understated and is huge.

Truly can't see them beating us...tho it's the Grey Cup and weirder things have occured.

Whoever can weather the storm outta the gate and establish trench warfare dominance...wins....and I just don't think the cats have the horses to match us for a full 60 mins

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Bomber receiving core are going to have a big day today, Ti Cats are going to try to everything to stop the run. Keep Collaros upright and the Bombers should have no problems today, oh and someone smack Speed B in the mouth early shots of him crying on the bench are always welcomed 

Set up the play action and you got yourself a deal!

9 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Can Harris accept MOC And MOP without swearing on live TV tonight?

(Kudos to TSN for not bleeping it out on replays 2 years later)

GO BLUE!!!

I believe that Andrew can.  He was a bit amped up in 2019 due to the whole PED nonsense, and felt a bit betrayed and so had a chip on his shoulder.  I don't expect him to be running any less hard today, but now it's all about defending the Cup and (potentially) going out on top.  I expect a big game from him today.

I expect this to be Dane Evans' theme song today lol...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

I guess any given Sunday re Hamilton's QB depth.  Just don't see Masoli making any kind of difference since Ottawa or Edmonton aren't on the field tonight.

Evans has a better arm and can run more of the west coast/run and shoot blend that Condell loves with consistency.  Gotta force him off the first read and finish the rush but not over do it and let him out of the pocket.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Seems like the role he was born for.

A guy who thoroughly loves the league. I don't think he would feel the need to change to 4 downs or merge with XFL and adopt their rules in order to make the game more exciting.

Same thing with Bob Irving, no need for gimmicks to sell the game. Both have a true love for the game.

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet.....maybe I shouldn't cuz there's no legs to it......3rd down says Elks interested in AND are going to pursue Mike O'Shea for coach and gm.....Who digs up this crap at this juncture

There's not even a President in place there.  Can't see O'Shea being interested, not sure he has job title ambition that most would.

11 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet.....maybe I shouldn't cuz there's no legs to it......3rd down says Elks interested in AND are going to pursue Mike O'Shea for coach and gm.....Who digs up this crap at this juncture

Bomber-hating Arash Madani, that's who.

17 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Go ahead and "pursue" all you want.  Talk about a thankless job.  Osh is a great coach and motivator, but one of the biggest reasons he succeeded in Winnipeg was that he had the support of Miller and Walters to let him build a winning culture, and he had great draft picks and talented players that were brought in that fit that culture.  I don't see Osh getting that kind of support in Edmonton.   If management doesn't have his back, the players won't see the need to FIFO, and they'll just go whining to the President and other coaches behind his back.  It's mission impossible, unless you have buy-in from top to bottom in your organization in the FIFO mentality and in a commitment to integrity and excellence.  The stupid Elks don't have that and won't have it until the pieces at the top come into place first.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

At least we won't have to listen to Rod Black 

I got this far into your post and I was overcome with total joy.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's not even a President in place there.  Can't see O'Shea being interested, not sure he has job title ambition that most would.

I agree there.  Michael O'Shea puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us, but when he does it he wins Grey Cups.  As a coach...lol...