CFL Awards (Still Schenelys To Me)

5 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Back to back to back DPOTY for our boys,Richie has had this team playing like we haven't seen in a very long time.

Remember when we also wanted to fire Hall. Lol. Man it’s a good thing they don’t take our advice! 

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict

13 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Remember when we also wanted to fire Hall. Lol. Man it’s a good thing they don’t take our advice! 

Yeah I was one of those fire Hall posters.  Happy to eat my humble pie.  The entire defense has bought into his philosophy... Sometimes you just need the right personnel to execute the plan.   So happy that people with real football knowledge don't listen to fans!! Lol

they got rid of Hardrick and Neuf too...that's gotta sting seeing their online now as well

The fanbase there as well constantly cuts down Harris.. Collaros...O'Shea...even some claim Willie was not a loss and they have better...I'm sure they would love all those guys in their colors but can't admit it

TBF, getting rid of Zach was the best thing for everyone.  He would not have survived with their dogs**t O-Line.  His career would be done, no Grey Cup for us, and Fajardo still ends up QB1 in Regina.

Ok so maybe it's not the best for the Riders, but they were f**ked either way. 😂

55 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

TBF, getting rid of Zach was the best thing for everyone.  He would not have survived with their dogs**t O-Line.  His career would be done, no Grey Cup for us, and Fajardo still ends up QB1 in Regina.

Ok so maybe it's not the best for the Riders, but they were f**ked either way. 😂

Leaves Sask for the best oline and coach osh,pretty good deal for Zach

1 hour ago, Booch said:

they got rid of Hardrick and Neuf too...that's gotta sting seeing their online now as well

The fanbase there as well constantly cuts down Harris.. Collaros...O'Shea...even some claim Willie was not a loss and they have better...I'm sure they would love all those guys in their colors but can't admit it

They also gave Travis Bond a huge contract. 

How did that go?

Incredible.

Congrats to all our boys.

Bryant is arguably the best to ever do it and Biggie is in the conversation as well. Collaros has come all the way back to where he was. I eouldn't trade MOS for anything.

We should of had more but politics clearly came into play.

Edited by Geebrr
Was running on a treadmill and did not read Nolby's post properly, he did say B2B2B

16 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

There is a thread about this on RF.com. The majority think they stuck with the right guy in ZC. 🙄 I mean given that he was oft injured and had a pile of concussions I don’t blame them for giving up on him. But it seemed to really light a fire in him. 

The difference is Zach has a great OL playing in front of him. He wouldn't have had that in Saskatchewan. 

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

It’s unfortunate but true. ZC may have had his career ended playing behind Sask’s OLine.

I liken offensive football to a car. You can have a fancy paint job, expensive stereo system & all the cool bells & whistles. But if the engine doesn't start you go nowhere. The OL is the engine that drives the car. It goes nowhere if it's broken. The other bells & whistles are the receivers & running backs. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I liken offensive football to a car. You can have a fancy paint job, expensive stereo system & all the cool bells & whistles. But if the engine doesn't start you go nowhere. The OL is the engine that drives the car. It goes nowhere if it's broken. The other bells & whistles are the receivers & running backs. 

Football is won in the trenches. We have the best d-line, and the best o-line in the league. It’s no coincidence we’re the best team in football. 

7 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Football is won in the trenches. We have the best d-line, and the best o-line in the league. It’s no coincidence we’re the best team in football. 

I watched a documentary of the Dallas Cowboys when they won 3 Super Bowls in the 90's. The key was their offensive line. They were the best in the NFL during those years. They were nicknaned The Great Wall Of Dallas. I think we should nickname our guys The Great Wall Of Winnipeg Or as a tribute to the 1972 Bomber team. The Hogs. Charlie Harrison, Chuck Liebrock, Bob Swift, Bob Lueck & Bill Frank all loved that name & they were a close knit unit because of it

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I watched a documentary of the Dallas Cowboys when they won 3 Super Bowls in the 90's. The key was their offensive line. They were the best in the NFL during those years. They were nicknaned The Great Wall Of Dallas. I think we should nickname our guys The Great Wall Of Winnipeg Or as a tribute to the 1972 Bomber team. The Hogs. Charlie Harrison, Chuck Liebrock, Bob Swift, Bob Lueck & Bill Frank all loved that name & they were a close knit unit because of it

Absolutely! I love the fact that our lines have always been a point of emphasis. I remember when Willie Jefferson signed here most people were pretty happy but I remember people wanted the money spent on a top receiver. Controlling the lines of scrimmage is the most important part of the game.