Vaccine Debate

Bomber_fanaddict

Multiple studies show that the viral load is the same between a vaccinated and unvaccinated individual. While a vaccinated individual might be less likely to get infected, they are also more likely to walk around as asymptomatic carriers (especially considering they are seldom required to get tested anymore compared to the unvaccinated).

There really is no need to be scared of the unvaccinated. The decisions they make only affect themselves. I say this as a fully vaccinated person myself.

Keep in mind that these people think they’re doing mankind a favour by fighting for our freedom, and therefore do not believe that they are being selfish. And honestly, we need people like that in this world, who don’t just blindly trust the government with everything they ask us to do.

30 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Every choice we make for ourselves is selfish.

Okay then we are now discussing degrees of selfishness. If I have 2 pieces of cake and keep them both for myself, that's selfish. If I offer up a piece but keep the bigger slice for myself, that's selfish but less so than keeping both. If I generously offer up the big piece, that's being more selfless than selfish. Do we agree or disagree on these basic principles? If not then we won't ever see eye to eye on this.

3 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

You're the one who suggested SpeedFlex is on the pro-Vax 'side' and referred to it as "your" (his) side. You could have said 'our' side but didn't, so if you aren't on HIS side (our side) then what side are you on?

So I used “your side” as in a general statement. Not related to vax. Which is why I was confused when he asked people don’t agree with my side. I’m for the vaccine. I think people should get it. I think not getting it is the wrong choice. I also think that sitting there and talking down on someone bcuz they didn’t make the same choice as me is dumb.

8 minutes ago, Yourface said:

Multiple studies show that the viral load is the same between a vaccinated and unvaccinated individual. While a vaccinated individual might be less likely to get infected, they are also more likely to walk around as asymptomatic carriers (especially considering they are seldom required to get tested anymore compared to the unvaccinated).

There really is no need to be scared of the unvaccinated. The decisions they make only affect themselves. I say this as a fully vaccinated person myself.

Keep in mind that these people think they’re doing mankind a favour by fighting for our freedom, and therefore do not believe that they are being selfish. And honestly, we need people like that in this world, who don’t just blindly trust the government with everything they ask us to do.

Citation needed. 

Another stellar showing by TSN and their CFL coverage. 

Get a notification about them live streaming the coaches interviews. Great, this will be nice to listen to during my morning routine....I wait online for 30min before it starts...which it does...but its in the middle of one of Coach Os answers....whatever, maybe there was a delay in getting the feed up and running. Buuuuuut then it also ended in the middle of one of Coach Os answers lol. 

Could you imagine that happening in any other league? Lol 

Just now, JCon said:

Citation needed. 

Those studies are almost always quoted wrong. If those who are vaccinated become ILL then yes, their viral load is similar to unvaxxed for a very short period of time (24-48hrs). But those people will hopefully be isolating themselves.....those who are not sick, but are infected have a much lower viral load than those who are not vaxxed and infected (but asymptomatic). 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Eli can't play in Canada unless gets vaxxed for next season. So, either his time in the CFL is done or he's just delayed this vaxx and is going to miss the most important game of his life. 

Correction, he can get into Canada because of his citizenship.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Those studies are almost always quoted wrong. If those who are vaccinated become ILL then yes, their viral load is similar to unvaxxed for a very short period of time (24-48hrs). But those people will hopefully be isolating themselves.....those who are not sick, but are infected have a much lower viral load than those who are not vaxxed and infected (but asymptomatic). 

Oh, I know. Always interesting to see the response. 

Who's our back-up Centre? 

27 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Mods can we move the all the vax talk to the Covid thread and talk about football here?

Sorry for my part in cluttering things here but I feel it's important to speak up against this vaccine resistance bullshit. There is virtually no good reason to not get vaxxed. There is next to no excuse at this point and no number of rumble videos, 4chan articles or Rebel media soundbites will convince me anti-vaxxers are rational thinkers.

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

Sorry for my part in cluttering things here but I feel it's important to speak up against this vaccine resistance bullshit. There is virtually no good reason to not get vaxxed. There is next to no excuse at this point and no number of rumble videos, 4chan articles or Rebel media soundbites will convince me anti-vaxxers are rational thinkers.

Agreed. Look at the actual stats of where the big issues are. I'll tell u this much... most the ppl in Winnipeg hospitals right now are from the southern district.  Wpg where we all live basically tiny percentage in hospitals or with covid. Just asinine how anyone is anti vaxx 2 years in. 

My guess is Eli made a decision made on emotions, obviously. That’s what many people do. Wish he was vaccinated. Yet, I didnt

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pisses me off. I have a 7 year old who had 1 shot now. She's more grown up than Eli. 

Whatever tho. **** him 

The part that actually annoys me. He can't play but unvaxxed Masoli can. 

know Masoli wasn’t vaxxed. That seems weird he can play. 

6 hours ago, CodyT said:

At age 66, Yes I would agree the best decision for you would to be vaxxed. I dont think thats the case for all age ranges.

Like I said, everyones situation and line of thinking is different and thats okay.

Im not here to get into a vaccine debate, after all I have been vaccinated also. But im certainly not calling people selfish for making the choice they feel is best for them.

I apologize if my comment was felt as a shot at you. I would encourage you to watch this video from a reputable doctor practicing in BC, a former Manitoba resident. 

He certainly changed my perspective on somethings.

https://rumble.com/vpannr-heroes-no-longer-episode-2-dr-charles-hoffe.html”

I don't know how old you are but the point of getting vaxxed is obviously not catching it yourself but also being a carrier without you knowing it and maybe passing it on to someone who is 66 years old or someone very young. Those who think this is just a science experiment are probably the ones that found some meme on the internet trying to state "facts" that attempt to make the vaccine look like a joke.

The covid shot wasn't just some fluids put together in a garage without thinking. Thousands and thousands and thousands of doctors alllllllllllllllllllll came to the same concluding formula with science,with some of the smartest brains on the planet and then it was deemed safe by government with other head doctors for the public.

8 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

Explain how he is selfish? He understood the choice. Maybe he didn’t feel comfortable taking the vaccine? Not saying he is right or wrong on that choice. But this whole idea of talking down on people because they didn’t make the same choice as you is not going to win people over to your side. 

The selfish part is that he let a group of 100 (ish) teammates down... and thousands of fans by not making himself available to play this weekend... I have no problem if people want to make that choice and it generally only affects them (I know statement is controversial in itself)... but in this case, it affects a lot of people and it's a selfish move...

Anyways... on field, this is not a huge loss because Gray is a more than capable sixth man... the ONLY way this could be an in-game problem is if there happens to be 2 O-line injuries in the game (knock on wood)

Just now, Geebrr said:

One of two things will happen... he'll be out to avenge the 2019 loss... or he'll be shell shocked by half time (again)...

I'm betting on the latter. 

1 hour ago, Yourface said:

I have worked in acute healthcare for 30 years. My wife has been a respiratory therapist for the same amount of time. My daughter has just begun her healthcare career in the medical ICU. 

Tell me more about how being unvaccinated affects only the individual, when people are dying from the lack of surgical intervention because medical options are closed due to lack of resources. 

14 hours ago, Yourface said:

Get someone sitting on a ventilator to talk about how they didn't just blindly trust the government.

There are people who are dead or dying, because they believe what you have posted here.

An unvaccinated person carries a heavier viral load, especially now, because there are less of them

We, as vaccinated people, then have a higher chance of getting sick from Covid

How do I know this?  It happened to me, that's how.

Look around you - please get off the internet and look around you.