Vaccine Debate

Bomber_fanaddict

I just don't get why we let unvaccinated players play when they can't travel. Good thing we have Gray ready to go. He can play guard or tackle. Hope he enjoys watching the game on television & not getting paid if we win. To me, it's just toal selfishness & not a team player.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just don't get why we let unvaccinated players play when they can't travel. Good thing we have Gray ready to go. He can play guard or tackle. Hope he enjoys watching the game on television & not getting paid if we win. To me, it's just toal selfishness & not a team player.

So like, if they win does he have to attend the parade via zoom call? Talk about anticlimactic.

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Probably bcuz they have to get tested? But kinda silly to say you can play these games but not this one. No consistency 

2 hours ago, AB BomberFan said:

I disagree with calling someone selfish for making a personal choice. He knew the consequences and I'm sure the team was aware of his situation as well. I find it strange too that some fans were fine with a guy like ELI helping get the team to the Cup but when they found out he isn't vaccinated he's somehow selfish? 

The travel rule is totally arbitrary and makes no sense.

Arbitrary as in travellers just like us who can't travel without proof of vaccination? Eli IS selfish. Hope he enjoys the game on tv. Players like ELi will have trouble playing in the CFL. As Stamps GM John Hufnagel said last week, he has no interest signing any player who can only play home games. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Arbitrary as in travellers just like us who can't travel without proof of vaccination? Eli IS selfish. Hope he enjoys the game on tv. Players like ELi will have trouble playing in the CFL. As Stamps GM John Hufnagel said last week, he has no interest signing any player who can only play home games. 

Explain how he is selfish? He understood the choice. Maybe he didn’t feel comfortable taking the vaccine? Not saying he is right or wrong on that choice. But this whole idea of talking down on people because they didn’t make the same choice as you is not going to win people over to your side. 

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

Explain how he is selfish? He understood the choice. Maybe he didn’t feel comfortable taking the vaccine? Not saying he is right or wrong on that choice. But this whole idea of talking down on people because they didn’t make the same choice as you is not going to win people over to your side. 

Far more people are on my side then yours. 

35 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Im vaxxed... I dont find it selfish for people to not have complete faith in an experiment. Cant believe how many  "yes sir, whatever you say sir" people there are.

I understand peoples hesitancy to getting the vax. The situation depends on the person. 

Is that what you think? That we just brainlessly follow orders blindly like zombies when it comes to the Covid vaccine? To me, it's commom sense. Why would I expose myself to a virus that will make me sick or even kill me at age 66?? Why did you get it? Seems like you fell into step to get the vaccine. Know what? I'm getting a booster on Friday. Like I said, players that don't get vaxxed next year won't play period. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

27 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Is that what you think? That we just brainlessly follow orders blindly like zombies when it comes to the Covid vaccine? To me, it's commom sense. Why would I expose myself to a virus that will make me sick or even kill me at age 66?? Why did you get it? Seems like you fell into step to get the vaccine. Know what? I'm getting a booster on Friday. Like I said, players that don't get vaxxed next year won't play period. 

At age 66, Yes I would agree the best decision for you would to be vaxxed. I dont think thats the case for all age ranges.

Like I said, everyones situation and line of thinking is different and thats okay.

Im not here to get into a vaccine debate, after all I have been vaccinated also. But im certainly not calling people selfish for making the choice they feel is best for them.

I apologize if my comment was felt as a shot at you. I would encourage you to watch this video from a reputable doctor practicing in BC, a former Manitoba resident. 

He certainly changed my perspective on somethings.

https://rumble.com/vpannr-heroes-no-longer-episode-2-dr-charles-hoffe.html”

Edited by CodyT

2 hours ago, CodyT said:

Im not here to get into a vaccine debate, after all I have been vaccinated also. But im certainly not calling people selfish for making the choice they feel is best for them.

If someone's decision is best for them and nobody else, the decision is selfish. Not by opinion, by definition. We get vaxxed to protect ourselves and others. Not getting vaxxed, at absolute best, only protects you (from what exactly changes depending on the person... ranges from "duuuhhhhh I don't want my DNA modified" to "microchips" to "fetal tissue" and on and on).

In Eli's case, the team suffers for his decision. He's the only one that benefits(???) from his choice... so by definition, it's selfish.

4 hours ago, CodyT said:

Im vaxxed... I dont find it selfish for people to not have complete faith in an experiment. Cant believe how many  "yes sir, whatever you say sir" people there are.

I understand peoples hesitancy to getting the vax. The situation depends on the person. 

An experiment? Do you know any unvaxxed people who got covid? Believe me, many regret their decision. Forget about what's on the internet - look around you. 

I decided it would be best for me if I stop washing my hands before serving customers at my food truck. I'm worried that the soap is drying out my hands and damaging my skin. I'm free to make the choice to serve customers with **** on my fingers. I'm not some yes sir whatever you say sir sucker that washes his hands just because the government tells him he has to. If washing your hands works then why do you care if I wash mine?

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

If someone's decision is best for them and nobody else, the decision is selfish. Not by opinion, by definition. We get vaxxed to protect ourselves and others. Not getting vaxxed, at absolute best, only protects you (from what exactly changes depending on the person... ranges from "duuuhhhhh I don't want my DNA modified" to "microchips" to "fetal tissue" and on and on).

In Eli's case, the team suffers for his decision. He's the only one that benefits(???) from his choice... so by definition, it's selfish.

Every choice we make for ourselves is selfish. Every one here is selfish. But once again, he knew the choice. I’m sure the team knew. I find it funny how we get on our moral high horses when we do something and someone doesn’t.

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Still haven’t told me what my side is. I know you want it to be the anti vax side. I think you misunderstood the original point of my first reply to you. If you want someone to get the the vax, talking down on someone isn’t gonna change their mind. Acting like you are morally superior doesn’t change minds

3 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Every choice we make for ourselves is selfish. Every one here is selfish. But once again, he knew the choice. I’m sure the team knew. I find it funny how we get on our moral high horses when we do something and someone doesn’t.

It's unethical to knowingly put other people at risk because of your decisions. It's called responsibility. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's unethical to knowingly put other people at risk because of your decisions. It's called responsibility. 

Have you ever sped? Puts others at risk. Look he can’t play bcuz of his decision and I’m sure he knows that. He can make a choice that he sees fit, you can disagree with it, and if he understand the consequences, why does anyone here get to talk down on him? Not getting vaxxed is not illegal. And at the end of the day, his personal responsibility is to himself and no one else

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

Have you ever sped? Puts others at risk. Look he can’t play bcuz of his decision and I’m sure he knows that. He can make a choice that he sees fit, you can disagree with it, and if he understand the consequences, why does anyone here get to talk down on him? Not getting vaxxed is not illegal. And at the end of the day, his personal responsibility is to himself and no one else

Because HE, along with his fellow anti-vaxxers, is prolonging this pandemic and making it worse.

Always freedumb without responsibility. Rah, rah!

27 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Still haven’t told me what my side is. I know you want it to be the anti vax side. I think you misunderstood the original point of my first reply to you. If you want someone to get the the vax, talking down on someone isn’t gonna change their mind. Acting like you are morally superior doesn’t change minds

You're the one who suggested SpeedFlex is on the pro-Vax 'side' and referred to it as "your" (his) side. You could have said 'our' side but didn't, so if you aren't on HIS side (our side) then what side are you on?