Early chat- Ticats vs Champs Grey Cup Thread

Nolby

3 hours ago, JCon said:

How do the TiCats beat the Bombers? You can't expect to the same gifts as the Riders got, so what do you do? 

Realistically two thing: 1) they need to hope the Bombers shot themselves in the foot and/or force a lot of turnovers... and 2) play a nearly perfect game.... This is an "AND" situation, not "OR"

55 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Could miss? How could he possibly play?

"Player hit by semi-truck going 150 mph...may not play 2 days from now"

Well if it's against Ted Laurent... I'm not 100% sure the semi wins that battle...

2 hours ago, White Out said:

I ride and die with Matt Dunigan as my favourite QB. 

Zach winning us 4 cups would likely change that. 

FIFY

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Yup. 

We are going to be throwing coverages they have never seen throughout the game.

I think Willie snags a pick this week.

I had a flashback to the 1984 GC and Tyrone Jones stripping the ball from Brock and then Stan Mikawos rumbling down the field for a TD after scooping up the fumble.   Wouldn't it be cool if history would repeat itself and Jake Fatboi Thomas takes one to the house after Dane "deer in headlights" Evans gets stripped by one of the Jeffs....I would love to see that.  Watching old Jake just givin' er down the field with Needy Banks just bouncing off of him...lol...

2 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Nice distraction. 

Just now, Noeller said:

the noise on Sunday will be about half the decibels of Sask on LDC. Not concerned about their ability to handle that. The headset bullshit is something else. alright....hopefully they get that sorted. 

Agreed, but you should still practice it and get your calls correct. I don't want anything taken for granted so I am glad it isn't. 

The headset stuff is indeed bullshit.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

update on the WX for this weekend. Sun and cloud mix most of tomorrow (tho heavy rain in the morning) with a high around +15 (!!), then Sun and Cloud on Sunday with a high around +5. Not too freakin' shabby for December. Perfect football weather...

I'd say so! 

Last I looked it was supposed to be +16 with a risk of thunderstorms tomorrow. 

58 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What impact (beyond just a tremendous drop off in ability) does Laurent have on the Tiger Can'ts roster? They need to replace an NI starter.

Don Jackson grabbing some bench? 

I honestly hope TL can play. I just don't see how that is possible. 

Very tough break for him.

I think thats about right. STE at rb and back up in at dl. Which is a huge drop off on D. As for O, I dont think they will run more than 12 times any way. But I do like jackson a lot more. 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

I always laugh when people say all the Bombers have on offence is a rushing attack. Collaros threw 20 touchdowns this year and nobody else threw 15. Kenny Lawler led the league in receiving. 

I took about half the season - for other teams to catch on and stop putting so much focus on stopping the run game.