Early chat- Ticats vs Champs Grey Cup Thread

Nolby

i agree...we are better than the 2019 team...first 4/5ths of the year, but the last couple games, and the play-offs is when we made that final step, and just continued on...and got even better...and deeper

It's crazy to think that from 2 years ago grey cup....we are starting the exact same offence that started save for Speller...but Couture is better, so we are actually a net positive there, and defence..now Rose is back are basically starting I think a better defence...Darby is a stud and was huge for us and him and Maston are basically a wash, and even tho Sayles was great for us, McNichols and Alford I think have been just as good, if not better...this will bode well for us....bigtime

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

i agree...we are better than the 2019 team...first 4/5ths of the year, but the last couple games, and the play-offs is when we made that final step, and just continued on...and got even better...and deeper

It's crazy to think that from 2 years ago grey cup....we are starting the exact same offence that started save for Speller...but Couture is better, so we are actually a net positive there, and defence..now Rose is back are basically starting I think a better defence...Darby is a stud and was huge for us and him and Maston are basically a wash, and even tho Sayles was great for us, McNichols and Alford I think have been just as good, if not better...this will bode well for us....bigtime

Booch - the Ticats have just hired you as a consultant. How do you approach your offence, with your weapons?  And how do you shut down the Bombers? 

to be honest..no clue.....I think they will try to force feed and establish some kind of run game...that will be their best chance, try to loosen things up a bit, and slow down that rush, but I don't see that working...I'm also not sold on their receivers either to make big plays....I see them trying a lot of the short stuff, and try and catch us cheating with some deep strikes, but this team has shown they don't give up those big plays...be interesting for sure how they go about it, but I also think the defence is in Evan's head...and he is gonna rush and force things....it may be a turnover reversal from what we saw in the WF

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

To think that the Bombers are only a run game. Get ******. Collaros is the best, most accurate passer I've seen in a Bombers uniform in my adult life.... 

Accuracy and fearlessness are a lethal combo. I’ve got fingernail imprints permanently gouged into my thighs when I see the window he fits some of those passes into. 

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

The quality and depth the OL has now is insane. I havent seen an OL soo good and deep. But now so is running back. And we have arguably 3 elite wrs who are hold overs. They play book has evolved and improved soo much this year. At times we've seen brilliant wrinkles like the quick wr screens vs edm in the first game, or the PA timing routes to demski, or the pa digs to lawler and bailey, the jet motion screen, and in general the best down field passing big play threat we've seen since prime khari to milt. 

I think sayles is still a great db and I miss having him. But Idk if he could take a spot this year. The dbs have been insane. And again, especially with rose back, the depth is off the charts. The versatility is huge too. Darby would be one of the top couple of Ss in the league, and BA is the best. 

We are seeing maybe the best version of Biggie ever.  Jeffcoat is having a career year, stove is at his best (which is scary good), and we have great depth on the DL too. Kongbo and sayles have been tremendous when given consistent reps. 

The depth and progress of hold overs is why the canadian mafia are going from a championship winning group, to a dynasty group. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The quality and depth the OL has now is insane. I havent seen an OL soo good and deep. But now so is running back. And we have arguably 3 elite wrs who are hold overs. They play book has evolved and improved soo much this year. At times we've seen brilliant wrinkles like the quick wr screens vs edm in the first game, or the PA timing routes to demski, or the pa digs to lawler and bailey, the jet motion screen, and in general the best down field passing big play threat we've seen since prime khari to milt. 

I think sayles is still a great db and I miss having him. But Idk if he could take a spot this year. The dbs have been insane. And again, especially with rose back, the depth is off the charts. The versatility is huge too. Darby would be one of the top couple of Ss in the league, and BA is the best. 

We are seeing maybe the best version of Biggie ever.  Jeffcoat is having a career year, stove is at his best (which is scary good), and we have great depth on the DL too. Kongbo and sayles have been tremendous when given consistent reps. 

The depth and progress of hold overs is why the canadian mafia are going from a championship winning group, to a dynasty group. 

Marcus Sayles who? Drake Nevis who?

Just reload baby!

36 minutes ago, Booch said:

to be honest..no clue.....I think they will try to force feed and establish some kind of run game...that will be their best chance, try to loosen things up a bit, and slow down that rush, but I don't see that working...I'm also not sold on their receivers either to make big plays....I see them trying a lot of the short stuff, and try and catch us cheating with some deep strikes, but this team has shown they don't give up those big plays...be interesting for sure how they go about it, but I also think the defence is in Evan's head...and he is gonna rush and force things....it may be a turnover reversal from what we saw in the WF

Also I assume they’ll try to get the ball as much as possible in the hands of banks thru the air and ground in every way possible.

Hamilton has to play a really good game..in all phases and hope we have another WF repeat...which won't happen for this game to be close, or have a chance...thats just not looking through blue glasses...thats just pretty much what it is....but anything can happen, so lets just hope we show up like we have basically all year...the second half was more us, so hopefully we got the bizzaro world stuff outta the system

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Also I assume they’ll try to get the ball as much as possible in the hands of banks thru the air and ground in every way possible.

just not 3 plays in a row

I think hamilton tries to establish the run. They'll use a lot of motion and get a few different guys involved. 

While I don't think it will be a repeat of the WF in terms of turnovers, I do worry that Collaros's luck with poorly placed/timed throws has ended. He got away with quite a few bad throws this year (especially deep) that I hope he gets figured out this week.

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hamilton has to play a really good game..in all phases and hope we have another WF repeat...which won't happen for this game to be close, or have a chance...thats just not looking through blue glasses...thats just pretty much what it is....but anything can happen, so lets just hope we show up like we have basically all year...the second half was more us, so hopefully we got the bizzaro world stuff outta the system

I know I may be overrating him but I think Dane Evans is the wild card here with how well we defend him. We do that we obviously win handily, we don’t game on.

11 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/12/10/report-laurent-could-miss-gc/

That's a huge loss in the trenches for the Ti-Cats.

Not to derail the thread, but of course there's an idiot on twitter blaming this on the vaccine lol.

Edited by Bigblue204

yeah...was on field wed, so surgery obviously happened that night, or thursday at earliest...I'm no doctor, but Highly doubt u could play football, especially d-line less than 3 full days post op...and any doctor who would clear that shoulkd be barred from practice...huge loss for them