Early chat- Ticats vs Champs Grey Cup Thread

Nolby

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

TBH... I actually remember that trade being praised.... Kyle traded away an American DL on an expiring contract for a young Canadian OL, who was a potential starter... in a season we were clearly going nowhere... I remember thinking that trade was great at the time... maybe some didn't think so?

IIRC the knock at Neufeld at the time was that he got injured a lot and so wasn't worth the draft pick.  I guess that didn't age very well...

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I still think Neufeld is the weakest link on the OL.

Weakest Link GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

My favorite part is mid-thread when a heated Jade Etienne debate erupts lmfao.

I might have to go back and re-read some more 😂

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I still think Neufeld is the weakest link on the OL.

That may be true... but that like saying he's the shortest giant (is that the opposite of "the tallest little person" analogy??) 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

He sets a physical tone. I think as far as guards go he is upper tier. 

Him telling Bailey to not touch the trophy last week, followed by the look on Bailey's face was hilarious.

He is a legit leader in the locker room.

Ok I can’t believed I missed Bailey reaching for the West Division trophy…

More importantly did anyone successfully swat his hands away from the damned thing! Anyone?!

did Jones play in the WF?  I see he was on the gameday roster but he doesn't appear on the stats sheet...

10 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Ok I can’t believed I missed Bailey reaching for the West Division trophy…

More importantly did anyone successfully swat his hands away from the damned thing! Anyone?!

pretty sure I heard one bomber yell "Don't touch that!" at another bomber during the presentation.

https://3downnation.com/2021/12/08/theres-some-very-passionate-conversations-bombers-mike-oshea-deals-with-player-vaccinations-individually/

“You’re dealing with humans and there’s some very passionate conversations in the office. I’m not talking about hammering players that you have to do this, you’re listening to the players, you get a sense of where they’re coming from,” O’Shea said. “When a player is not able to play for whatever reason, what comes to my mind is the person, what they’re feeling and the turmoil that they’re going through,” O’Shea said. “He wasn’t able to travel.”

O'Shea takes a much more sympathetic tone than I do, that's for sure.

32 minutes ago, johnzo said:

did Jones play in the WF?  I see he was on the gameday roster but he doesn't appear on the stats sheet...

pretty sure I heard one bomber yell "Don't touch that!" at another bomber during the presentation.

Yeah, and I think Neuf said "Hey... HEY!!!" and then just nodded at the guy who backed off (didn't catch who it was, but might have been Bailey.

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

https://3downnation.com/2021/12/08/theres-some-very-passionate-conversations-bombers-mike-oshea-deals-with-player-vaccinations-individually/

“You’re dealing with humans and there’s some very passionate conversations in the office. I’m not talking about hammering players that you have to do this, you’re listening to the players, you get a sense of where they’re coming from,” O’Shea said. “When a player is not able to play for whatever reason, what comes to my mind is the person, what they’re feeling and the turmoil that they’re going through,” O’Shea said. “He wasn’t able to travel.”

O'Shea takes a much more sympathetic tone than I do, that's for sure.

You never know what the person is going through on an individual level.

Because we are federally regulated, my workplace was required to be fully vaccinated by November 15th and we had about 16 or 17 guys above me in the seniority roster who are not working because of that mandate. Among them are a few who think that the vaccine is an excuse to implant microchips in them. I have no time for them. But I do have all the time in the world for the guy who was one of the more respected guys in our workforce who opted out of getting the vaccine because his daughter had a very adverse reaction to it that has resulted in some fairly significant heart problems. He had nothing against the vaccination for everyone else, it just wasn’t worth the risk for him.

While I may not agree with either choice, I certainly respect one reason far more than the other.

TLDR: good on O’Shea for taking the time to talk with these guys and find out the reasons for their choices.