Early chat- Ticats vs Champs Grey Cup Thread

Nolby

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

ffs..........

Do we have a NI OL on the PR that could step up to the game day roster, after Gray? 'Cause we've been carrying 2 extra NI OL, right? Both Eli and Gray? 

I thought Kolankowski was out scratch on Sunday when Harris was able to play. So maybe he would step up? But I see he's on the 1 game IR. Maybe that's not up to date

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

I thought Kolankowski was out scratch on Sunday when Harris was able to play. So maybe he would step up? But I see he's on the 1 game IR. Maybe that's not up to date

Just looked at the roster and, by my count, Kolankowski is the next man up.....

Yeah .kolankowski dressed and got a lot of reps in last 3 reg season games...and if we dress 2 extra olineman he will be the one ..Gray is more than adequate 6th man...but sucks about Eli..maybe something to go against his religion and beliefs...no hate on him by me...

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

So like, if they win does he have to attend the parade via zoom call? Talk about anticlimactic.

If Eli played for Edmonton or Ottawa, I could see (kinda) why he wouldn't want to get vaccinated. But why would he sacrifice playing in the Grey Cup & celebrating with his teammates if they win? He knew there was a very good chance the Bombewrs would make it. When he's my age, he'll have regrets. Especially if he never makes it back. He's still selfish, BTW.

23 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Eli played for Edmonton or Ottawa, I could see (kinda) why he wouldn't want to get vaccinated. But why would he sacrifice playing in the Grey Cup & celebrating with his teammates if they win? He knew there was a very good chance the Bombewrs would make it. When he's my age, he'll have regrets. Especially if he never makes it back. He's still selfish, BTW.

I disagree with calling someone selfish for making a personal choice. He knew the consequences and I'm sure the team was aware of his situation as well. I find it strange too that some fans were fine with a guy like ELI helping get the team to the Cup but when they found out he isn't vaccinated he's somehow selfish? 

The travel rule is totally arbitrary and makes no sense.

Edited by AB BomberFan

33 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The feds say otherwise so that's what it is

I'd be hopping in my car and driving to Hamilton.  Of course, the point is moot given I'm vaccinated, and I honestly don't understand what goes through the mind of someone who doesn't want to get vaccinated, so there's that too.

So honest question, is the CFL banning all unvaccinated players, if there are any left, from playing in the Cup? Or does that just apply to teams that have to travel, as in, the bombers?

Regardless of losing a lineman who I think is pretty darn good, we should still be in great shape. I don't see the bombers having a repeat of their turnover fest and I also don't expect Evans to have the same success against us that he did against Toronto.

Edited by AB BomberFan

Just now, AB BomberFan said:

So honest question, is the CFL banning all unvaccinated players, if there are any left, from playing in the Cup? Or does that just apply to teams that have to travel, as in, the bombers?

I'm thinking just players that have to travel, but don't quote me on that.

14 minutes ago, AB BomberFan said:

Regardless of losing a lineman who I think is pretty darn good, we should still be in great shape. I don't see the bombers having a repeat of their turnover fest and I also don't expect Evans to have the same success against us that he did against Toronto.

+3 for Sunday already makes us better. You know O'Shea showed those turnovers on tape over and over and over in team meetings

Once again, for those in the back: the CFL isn't banning anyone. The federal government has mandated that anyone aboard a plane or a train in Canada MUST be vaccinated That's why Eli can't play, but Masoli can. 

Edited by Noeller

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Once again, for those in the back: the CFL isn't banning anyone. The federal government has mandated that anyone aboard a plane or a train in Canada MUST be mandated. That's why Eli can't play, but Masoli can. 

Correct. And I read that there were a few Hamilton players who are also not vaxxed but because they took a bus to TO they were fine. Seems like a bit of a double standard. 

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Once again, for those in the back: the CFL isn't banning anyone. The federal government has mandated that anyone aboard a plane or a train in Canada MUST be mandated. That's why Eli can't play, but Masoli can. 

So does that mean if he were to take a bus to Hamilton he could play?

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Evans, pictured here after the last Grey Cup.

Chris-Crocker-Leave-Britney.jpeg

Edited by Super Duper Negatron