3 start another pretender crowned and Grey Cup bound

wbbfan

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I agree.  Especially in those kinds of conditions when the ball is a frozen slippery brick to begin with.  When Bailey caught that ball I was yelling at my screen "GO DOWN!!" because I could see the same thing happening to Bailey as happened to Woli, and sure enough, in comes number zero on the Riders and punches out the ball.  If you have first down, just go down on first contact, don't let the second man come in and punch out the ball.  

leason learned and am sure was discussed going into this sunday...this team won't make the same mistake twice..or again..

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I think Darvin hangs em this yr, especially if we win, and Lucky...slides right in there...Lawler..Bailey..Lucky...with our 2 canadians, as well as Grant on the roster....yup yup...Also, fully expect another year of Harris...maybe a nice rotation of Him and Brady which will keep both fresh in game...and beat the snot outta teams all year long with our o-line

Is it inconceivable to think Harris retires if he wins another one? He has a lot of mileage on his body. 

There were questions from a number of fans on Twitter regarding why Whitehead would be in Winnipeg to celebrate the team’s playoff win. He even wore a Blue Bombers toque despite being under contract with B.C. (though his contract expires in February).

Whitehead responded to Stephen Safinuk of the Piffles Podcast, explaining that he was there to support Rasheed Bailey, his friend and former roommate. Bailey ended up leading Winnipeg in receiving, notching three receptions for 56 yards and a touchdown.

Happy Honker to Sara Orlesky for standing on that sideline freezing all game, including doing the post game interviews in that wind chill, AND THEN heading over to the arena to work the Jets game.  They grow em pretty tough in Winnipeg....lol...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

There were questions from a number of fans on Twitter regarding why Whitehead would be in Winnipeg to celebrate the team’s playoff win. He even wore a Blue Bombers toque despite being under contract with B.C. (though his contract expires in February).

Whitehead responded to Stephen Safinuk of the Piffles Podcast, explaining that he was there to support Rasheed Bailey, his friend and former roommate. Bailey ended up leading Winnipeg in receiving, notching three receptions for 56 yards and a touchdown.

Great answer from Lucky tbh.

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Happy Honker to Sara Orlesky for standing on that sideline freezing all game, including doing the post game interviews in that wind chill, AND THEN heading over to the arena to work the Jets game.  They grow em pretty tough in Winnipeg....lol...

I actually felt bad for ZC on her post game interview. He was literally shaking he was so cold but doing his best to answer her questions and stay engaged. I was talking to the tv trying to get her to let him go he’s freezing he needs to go warm up. :)

15 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Is it inconceivable to think Harris retires if he wins another one? He has a lot of mileage on his body. 

I don't think so at all. I think if we win another cup the chance he retires is high. 

I love the guy and I want him to have a great life post football. I'd love to see him coach. I don't want to see him go all emit Smith playing way past when his body can hold up. 

14 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Lucky and sheed must've been the 2nd best roommate situation in 19. Talk about two peas in a pod. The best of course being the epic bromance between woli and stevy

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I don't think so at all. I think if we win another cup the chance he retires is high. 

I love the guy and I want him to have a great life post football. I'd love to see him coach. I don't want to see him go all emit Smith playing way past when his body can hold up. 

I think if he can go another season playing the way he did in the West Final (and we win the Cup, of course) I'm all for having Andrew back, but if he wants to call it a career after winning the Cup again, I'd be fine with that too; with Brady and Johnny in the wings - assuming we have both of them back - I'm not too concerned with our running game, although 33 is, if not the GOAT, at least one of the greatest running backs ever to suit up in Blue and Gold. Yes, he'll be 35 next year, which is getting pretty old for a player in his position, but if he can keep going at anywhere close to 100%, I'm totally on board. tl;dr Whatever Mr. Harris decides is okay with me.

Edited by CanuckGod

Harris has a lot of other business interests in the city, as well, which is something to consider. I'm curious how much this season...only playing a handful of games, due to injury.....will be a consideration toward his retirement. Like, will he want to play a full season because he couldn't this year? Or will he say "my body isn't holding up like it used to...maybe let's shut 'er down now.." I honestly have no clue. 

I think Harris comes back for one more year no matter what... he takes on a lesser role and gets Brady and/or Johnny ready to take over the next season (Brady as the 2023 starter seems far more likely)... one more important fact a few people haven't mentioned... Harris is 339 rushing yards away from 10,000... I know personal accolades are not the #1 thing to him but that one is probably pretty important for his legacy.

After having re-watched the second half last night, I'd like to give a star to the Rider kicker Brett Lauther for missing that easy 36 yard field goal, that Grant ended up almost taking back to the house.  Also - a star to Janarion for taking that ball out of the end zone and denying the Riders that single point which would play a huge role later.  That easy miss and big return definitely turned the momentum of the game around and also denied the Riders three points at a critical juncture of the game.  Huge TSN turning point in my view.  Thank you Brett for choking!

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

After having re-watched the second half last night, I'd like to give a star to the Rider kicker Brett Lauther for missing that easy 36 yard field goal, that Grant ended up almost taking back to the house.  Also - a star to Janarion for taking that ball out of the end zone and denying the Riders that single point which would play a huge role later.  That definitely turned the momentum of the game around and also denied the Riders three points.  Huge TSN turning point in my view.  Thank you Brett for choking!

On the note about Janarion... Good on him to catch the kick high and keep himself in bounds to be able to run it out.  His momentum was taking him backwards a bit and he had the awareness to know where the back of the end one was and keep it in play. 

2 minutes ago, Sard said:

On the note about Janarion... Good on him to catch the kick high and keep himself in bounds to be able to run it out.  His momentum was taking him backwards a bit and he had the awareness to know where the back of the end one was and keep it in play. 

it goes with what a lot of sports pundits have saying all season - the Bombers don't have to be perfect to win, but those hoping to win against the Bombers have to be darn near perfect to beat them.  When you are playing the Bombers, you can't miss 36 yard field goals.  You need every point to count.

49 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

it goes with what a lot of sports pundits have saying all season - the Bombers don't have to be perfect to win, but those hoping to win against the Bombers have to be darn near perfect to beat them.  When you are playing the Bombers, you can't miss 36 yard field goals.  You need every point to count.

And even with a phantom catch on third down...you're going to lose. 

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The Bombers are so good…….they can’t even beat themselves, no matter how hard they tried to. 

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

And even with a phantom catch on third down...you're going to lose. 

lol good point

If you think about it though, those three points would have been huge for the Riders.  They would have been playing for the FG to win the game rather than needing a TD.   And if Grant hadn't brought the ball out, they would have been playing for a tie.  But it's not just about that - that return by Grant energized the Bombers which is what they needed.   You could feel the whole game change, as the Bombers realized that things were starting to finally go their way after so much nonsense.  They just took control after that and the Riders didn't have a chance.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The Bombers are so good…….they can’t even beat themselves, no matter how hard they tried to. 

when you watch last year's WF and this year's WF you realize that these kinds of games come down to two or three plays that make all the difference.  A missed FG in this game coupled with a big return, Hansen's goal-line stop of Powell in 2019's WF.  Those plays turn games around, and they come from truly extraordinary effort at key moments.

On 2021-12-07 at 8:09 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

lol good point

If you think about it though, those three points would have been huge for the Riders.  They would have been playing for the FG to win the game rather than needing a TD.   And if Grant hadn't brought the ball out, they would have been playing for a tie.  But it's not just about that - that return by Grant energized the Bombers which is what they needed.   You could feel the whole game change, as the Bombers realized that things were starting to finally go their way after so much nonsense.  They just took control after that and the Riders didn't have a chance.

I felt that too! right after the missed FG, I was like, okay, we got 'em now, and we scored right away.  but then there was that fluky bad-traction TD by spitty mceyegouge ... I'm thinking holy cow we are in for a nutty 2019-style Western Final finish that's gonna put me in the heart ward.

But no, the fourth quarter started and, like we do, we ground em up like calzone sauce. 11:15 time of possession in the fourth! That's a freaking ludicrous level of ball control.  No team in my 35+ years of following this goofy league has been able to ground and pound like the bombers.

hilarious that the big turnaround rider play happened at exactly 0:00 of the third, the last possible moment before the iron gate was scheduled to slam shut.

6 hours ago, johnzo said:

I felt that too! right after the missed FG, I was like, okay, we got 'em now, and we scored right away.  but then there was that fluky bad-traction TD by spitty mceyegouge ... I'm thinking holy cow we are in for a nutty 2019-style Western Final finish that's gonna put me in the heart ward.

But no, the fourth quarter started and, like we do, we ground em up like calzone sauce. 11:15 time of possession in the fourth! That's a freaking ludicrous level of ball control.  No team in my 35+ years of following this goofy league has been able to ground and pound like the bombers.

hilarious that the big turnaround rider play happened at exactly 0:00 of the third, the last possible moment before the iron gate was scheduled to slam shut.

“Spitty mceyegouge” “ground em up like calzone sauce” “iron gate was scheduled to slam shut”. Love the descriptions. MBB candidate for the Howard Cosell award! 

On 2021-12-07 at 10:17 AM, CanuckGod said:

I think if he can go another season playing the way he did in the West Final (and we win the Cup, of course) I'm all for having Andrew back, but if he wants to call it a career after winning the Cup again, I'd be fine with that too; with Brady and Johnny in the wings - assuming we have both of them back - I'm not too concerned with our running game, although 33 is, if not the GOAT, at least one of the greatest running backs ever to suit up in Blue and Gold. Yes, he'll be 35 next year, which is getting pretty old for a player in his position, but if he can keep going at anywhere close to 100%, I'm totally on board. tl;dr Whatever Mr. Harris decides is okay with me.

Your tldr is on point. 

We also have Kyle borsa coming back to camp in 2021. He's extremely versatile and athletic. He should pretty much be a lock for a pr spot based on his ability to catch run and return kicks with that speed.