3 start another pretender crowned and Grey Cup bound

wbbfan

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

At the half I was certain the game was over and the Riders had won. I mean 6 turnovers.... You're not ever gonna win a game where you do that. It just felt like everything was trending their way. I was stunned that we won. 

I didn't like the turnovers. But the scoreboard wasn't bad. I never felt like they were done/out of it. 

54 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Earlier last week I said that even Jesus sprinkles couldn't stop the Bombers. He tried, but he failed.

Jesus told Fajardo to STFU, God's team was playing.

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

If anyone ever say anything bad about Rasheed Bailey again... automatic BAN!  😂

I was a big time Bailey detractor early on in the year. Thought he was a run of the mill just another guy, but I want him to be a Bomber for life.

His heart and leadership are incredible and he’s turned into one hell of a tough receiver as well.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I was a big time Bailey detractor early on in the year. Thought he was a run of the mill just another guy, but I want him to be a Bomber for life.

His heart and leadership are incredible and he’s turned into one hell of a tough receiver as well.

Totally agree. That effort on the TD was something else. Seems to really be coming into his own.

3 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Brooch. Have you ever seen anything like this…a player under contract (f.a. next year), openly cheering for and wearing another team’s merch? I have to wonder if backroom talks have already started?

As long as he comes out and says he's doing this completely on his own... should be fine... otherwise this would certainly look bad on the Bombers if he signs back here next year... even this would be hard to get past the almost non-existent tampering rules in the CFL...

2 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Brooch. Have you ever seen anything like this…a player under contract (f.a. next year), openly cheering for and wearing another team’s merch? I have to wonder if backroom talks have already started?

nope...never out in the open like that.....but love it...he technically has no ties to B.C really, as he is no longer being paid, tho contract hasn't expired, and if you saw him when B.C was here...You could tell he was hurting....I think it was a big gaff by management here to not tender him a contract basically based off of the Lapo misuse...I'd bet 100 percent he's back next yr, and almost certain he was in dressing room after game having some soda's haha

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

As long as he comes out and says he's doing this completely on his own... should be fine... otherwise this would certainly look bad on the Bombers if he signs back here next year... even this would be hard to get past the almost non-existent tampering rules in the CFL...

yeah...guys can do whatever they want and attend other games...his and B.C's season is over....now if that was the WSF and winner was to play B.C in WF...WELL THATS A DIFFERENT STORY HAHA

ya, re: Lucky at the game........ I'm certain the reason TSN didn't acknowledge it, is because it's a little bit sketchy, optically. He's technically a Lion until February, so to see him in Winnipeg wearing Blue and Gold and cheering us on......that's a bit of a dicey look for the league/the Lions. I'm guessing they figured "best leave it alone..." 

I gotta say that outside of his complete miss to Williams and the strip sack, Fajardo played better than I expected him to.  His wide-side out to Williams was a great throw, one I didn't think he could make, and he had some nice point guard passes under duress and he got up and kept going after taking some nasty shots.  Our first sack seemed to hurt him pretty bad but he shook it off.

Edited by johnzo

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

ya, re: Lucky at the game........ I'm certain the reason TSN didn't acknowledge it, is because it's a little bit sketchy, optically. He's technically a Lion until February, so to see him in Winnipeg wearing Blue and Gold and cheering us on......that's a bit of a dicey look for the league/the Lions. I'm guessing they figured "best leave it alone..." 

A strange situation for sure 😄

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I will give the strip on Wolly to them as making a play. 

I would need to see the Bailey one again. 

Thought it was a pretty textbook play by the Riders, first man in wraps up, second man goes for the ball.  Bailey doesn't help by struggling so hard for an extra six inches or so. 

I kinda hate seeing receivers petermanning like that, sometimes it works out like on Bailey's TD, but most times it's just giving the DBs time to rally for a fumble.

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

Thought it was a pretty textbook play by the Riders, first man in wraps up, second man goes for the ball.  Bailey doesn't help by struggling so hard for an extra six inches or so. 

I kinda hate seeing receivers petermanning like that, sometimes it works out like on Bailey's TD, but most times it's just giving the DBs time to rally for a fumble.

Yeah they can get credit for making a play on the Bailey fumble as well. 

I think Darvin hangs em this yr, especially if we win, and Lucky...slides right in there...Lawler..Bailey..Lucky...with our 2 canadians, as well as Grant on the roster....yup yup...Also, fully expect another year of Harris...maybe a nice rotation of Him and Brady which will keep both fresh in game...and beat the snot outta teams all year long with our o-line

5 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I will give the strip on Wolly to them as making a play. 

I would need to see the Bailey one again. 

I'd like to recognize Collaros for his effort in tracking down the guy who picked up the ball on Wolly's fumble.  Full marks for not giving up and getting the guy out of bounds even though he had blocker or two with him.

4 minutes ago, Sard said:

I'd like to recognize Collaros for his effort in tracking down the guy who picked up the ball on Wolly's fumble.  Full marks for not giving up and getting the guy out of bounds even though he had blocker or two with him.

Yup that's why ZC and Dane are going to be the starting QB's in the 2021 Grey Cup final. 

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

I agree.  Especially in those kinds of conditions when the ball is a frozen slippery brick to begin with.  When Bailey caught that ball I was yelling at my screen "GO DOWN!!" because I could see the same thing happening to Bailey as happened to Woli, and sure enough, in comes number zero on the Riders and punches out the ball.  If you have first down, just go down on first contact, don't let the second man come in and punch out the ball.