GDT - Western Final - Riders @ The Champs

JCon

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Rider fans are saying it’s all a lie and defending Duke lol. 

yeah there's a league wide conspiracy to sully the good name of Duke Williams... that's the only reason I can think of that multiple players from different teams have called this out on his bullshit... it couldn't possibly be that... he's actually just a dirty bullshit player... all I gotta say is when two guys who are indisputable top shelf class in this league - Collaros and Biggie - call him out... it's not just smoke, it's all fire.

18 hours ago, bb1 said:

Why was the field is such poor shape? Don't we cover the field till game time? looks bush league... sorry for the rant but it might of cost us this game.

The field was fine... didn't see anyone slipping or anything all game.  Saw more slipping and sliding at BC Place this season in multiple games.

7 minutes ago, Sard said:

The field was fine... didn't see anyone slipping or anything all game.  Saw more slipping and sliding at BC Place this season in multiple games.

I thought Demski slipped in the endzone on that 1st interception of the game, and I thought Taylor slipped when Duke busted the big play at the end of the 3rd. Hard to tell from my vantage point, but it sure looked like slipping and sliding to me...

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I thought Demski slipped in the endzone on that 1st interception of the game, and I thought Taylor slipped when Duke busted the big play at the end of the 3rd. Hard to tell from my vantage point, but it sure looked like slipping and sliding to me...

Nah demski didn't slip, the ball was just over his shoulder and he made an awkward attempt at the catch. Taylor perhaps was slow on the cut. Otherwise that ball was up for grabs.

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Fajardo bitched about everything. Leaders lead by example. They don't push teammates over a cliff. 

Hear a Fajardo interview before the game where he said something about how they were a team and how nobody points fingers when things go wrong...  wasn't he the guy moaning about the fact that his receivers couldn't come down with the "50/50" throws?

24 minutes ago, Sard said:

Aside from Nick Taylor on the Duke Williams TD .. feet came right out from under him.  Would have been a big play regardless but there may have been an opportunity for it to end there on the sidelines if Taylor could have kept his footing.

9 minutes ago, Sard said:

Hear a Fajardo interview before the game where he said something about how they were a team and how nobody points fingers when things go wrong...  wasn't he the guy moaning about the fact that his receivers couldn't come down with the "50/50" throws?

Fajardo is awful. All smiles and team work when it goes good, points fingers immediately when things don't go well. 

Now contrast that to the Bombers, post game asked about having to bail the offense out "that's just what we do, we know if we need them they'll do the same for us"

5 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

This.

I get that everyone is on “the catch” but the hand in the back .. the push off so he could make a play on the ball .. what are you watching refs?

Duke was doing that back when he was with Edmonton as well... it's how he gets open to make the catches that he makes, but for some reason they always allow it for him.  When he was coming back to the CFL, that was my #1 reason for not wanting him on our team.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Osh made a big mistake not challenging for offensive PI. Glad it didn't cost us.

Was at the game. He was half arsing it all game long. He doesn't want to be a Rider anymore imo...but what a crap attitude.

In one of the post game interviews on the radio, one of the defenders said he was near Osh when the ref was talking about it and overheard them say that the review looked at everything and that there was no OPI.

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Nope.  On the post-game show, Nick Taylor said the refs told MOS that the whole play was reviewed, including OPI.  He had the flag in hand ready to go but was told he couldn't challenge.

That's just crazy then. It's stuff like that, that makes a person wonder if a challenge call is predetermined before they even look at the footage. It wasn't just obvious it was beyond dispute. So many angles that showed the ball hitting the ground and for some strange reason TSN not even showing the replay of the push off which was beyond obvious as well. Funny thing is that Duke has gotten away with that his whole career. 

Edited by GCn20

16 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Aside from Nick Taylor on the Duke Williams TD .. feet came right out from under him.  Would have been a big play regardless but there may have been an opportunity for it to end there on the sidelines if Taylor could have kept his footing.

Fair point, there may have been a couple of slips, but I still stand by the comment that BC Place was worse this year for that.  All things considered, the field was in really good shape for this game and wasn't as much of a factor as it could have been.

On 2021-12-06 at 9:20 AM, Geebrr said:

It is kind of insane to me that TSN either didn't recognize or even mention that a star player that some had pushed as an MOP candidate was in the endzone seats partying it up in our colours 😄

I wonder if they weren't sure how to handle it after the MBT situation.  The season is over for Whitehead but TSN may have been unsure if he was allowed to attend major sports events.  So they decided not to say anything.  

28 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This reception by Lawler was absolutely epic and a huge conversion to keep the chains moving. Lawler is a baller!

That catch and then the catch by Demski were sick. But according to Rider fans ZC is hot garbage and it was all the receivers who did the work. 

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

That catch and then the catch by Demski were sick. But according to Rider fans ZC is hot garbage and it was all the receivers who did the work. 

Demski's catch shortly after Lawler's was also huge. And how about this beauty flying grab by Adams on another key drive to retake the lead:

Some majorly important plays that helped the Bombers overcome that shaky first half and go on to the Grey Cup.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Demski's catch shortly after Lawler's was also huge. And how about this beauty flying grab by Adams on another key drive to retake the lead:

Some majorly important plays that helped the Bombers overcome that shaky first half and go on to the Grey Cup.

And the key block that Adams made to allow Bailey around the left side to get a first down and then the score on that drive. Without that Bailey has a loss of a good 5 yards and we are kicking a FG