Tell us an old timey Bomber sentence story

White Out

8 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I remember Green Drop

Some of my earliest memories of going to games include the green guy getting the absolute crap kicked out of him.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I watched the Hulkster start a fight and get tossed. 

Eat the corn!!!

Edited by bigg jay

Barely remember the Bombers losing a playoff game in the rain against the lions at Empire Stadium. Harry Knight was the qb... Brock was hurt maybe?

3 hours ago, bb.king said:

At the stadium to see the destruction of Edmonton in the '84 western semi-final.

First year I had season tickets with my dad!

6 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I had forgotten about the Hulkster. Whatever happened to that guy? Can we get Tait to investigate in the off season?

The last I saw of Hogan he got into it with someone in section S at the ill fated “blue-out” 09 finale.
He started fighting with the cops too, if it happened now they probably would have tased him. 
Saw the whole thing from right above in the first row of the upper deck. 

I remember when they used to hand out full colour “CFL Illustrated” mags instead of lineup sheets. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

August 27, 1969 my very first Bomber home game. The  last place 1-3 Bombers met the first place 4-0 Saskatchewan Roughriders. We beat them 16-14. My friend & I sat in the Salisbury House End Zone in the south end.  Tickets were 50 cents. This was the debut of QB Wally Gabler traded to the Bombers from the Argos for halfback Dave Raimey a week earlier. Here he is in action wearing #12 with fullback Bob Houmard #35, Guard Chuck Liebrock #56 & Tackle Chuck Harrison #67 blocking for him against the BC Lions.

No photo description available.

5 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The last I saw of Hogan he got into it with someone in section S at the ill fated “blue-out” 09 finale.
He started fighting with the cops too, if it happened now they probably would have tased him. 

I remember when they used to hand out full colour “CFL Illustrated” mags instead of lineup sheets. 

They never handed them out. You had to pay for them. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

8A row 1? My wife and I were front and center front row upper deck over section S for the last several years of the old stadium. Best seats in the house for my money!

9 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Any time there was a disturbance in the north end zone where the police entered the scene... and "tase him" chant would almost always start. 😂

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

August 27, 1969 my very first Bomber home game. The  last place 1-3 Bombers met the first place 4-0 Saskatchewan Roughriders. We beat them 16-14. My friend & I sat in the Salisbury House End Zone in the south end.  Tickets were 50 cents. This was the debut of QB Wally Gabler traded to the Bombers from the Argos for halfback Dave Raimey a week earlier. Here he is in action wearing #12 with fullback Bob Houmard #35, Guard Chuck Liebrock #56 & Tackle Chuck Harrison #67 blocking for him against the BC Lions.

No photo description available.

They never handed them out. You had to pay for them. 

Right, I think they were $2-5. I had seasons worth from the early 90s that got destroyed when an old basement of mine flooded. 
They would have the depth charts for that game in the front of the magazine, but from what I recall they were monthly issues. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Right, I think they were $2-5. I had seasons worth from the early 90s that got destroyed when an old basement of mine flooded. 
They would have the depth charts for that game in the front of the magazine, but from what I recall they were monthly issues. 

They had them for each visiting team. I used to have quite a collection going back a decade or more from 1970-80. I stopped buying them in the 80's at games. I have no idea where my collection is now. I haven't seen them in 20 years since we moved to our house in 2001. Probably in some box in the crawl space. 

10 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Right gotch!

I had Blue Bomber season tickets so I never took part or became a Gotch Man. Some of the guys in The Gotch Men were former Churchill Bulldog players. A couple of the guys were all atars when they played. They may have looked like football nerds wearing long underwear over their clothes but they really weren't.