Tabbies @ Boatmen, Eastern Final

bluto

Because there wasn't a thread yet, because I haven't started a thread in forever, because @Zontar and I need somewhere to weigh in on this.

Sunday December 5, 12:30pm local, BMO by-the-lake..

Standings:

Argonauts: 9 - 5

Tiger Cats: 8 - 6

Prior meetings:

September 6: Argos 19 @ Ticats 32

September 10: Ticats 16 @ Argos 17

October 11: Argos 24 @ Ticats 23

November 12: Ticats 12 @ Argos 31 

Betting Lines (as of Tuesday):

Argos: -1

Ticats: +1

O/U: 45.5

Weather (as of Tuesday):

1C, light snow, 10km SW wind (off the lake)

Edited by bluto
paging Dr.Snuggles

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Damien Cox is a ******* doorknob who dyes his eyebrows.

Him and the other two. They've been on a crusade to kill the CFL for decades. *************, All of them.

Edited by bluto
apparently the swear filter missed that particular one.

10 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I would pick the Argos but the East is impossible to predict this year.

Argo starters have basically been sitting for 3 weeks as well. 

The stadium will probably be at least 50% Ticat fans.

I have no idea.

They said that about the Rider fans in the '17 East final beforehand too. We'll see. Especially in "These Uncertain Times:967_tm:"

Stolen Borrowed from 3downnation:

East Final

Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Toronto Argonauts, BMO Field, Sunday, December 5 at 12:30 p.m. ET.

At a glance:

• Toronto has not hosted the Eastern Final since 2017 when they went on to win the Grey Cup
  • The last time Hamilton and Toronto met in the Eastern Final was in 2013 when the Tiger-Cats visited their provincial rivals and won 36-24.
  • Hamilton and Toronto have met in the Eastern Final on eight occasions with each claiming four victories.
  • The Argonauts own a 31-15-1 (.670) home record in the playoffs.
  • Home teams in the Eastern Final are 33-13 (.717) since 1973.
  • The Tiger-Cats will be appearing in the Eastern Final for the sixth time in eight seasons.
  • Hamilton has a 15-31-1 (.337) road record in the playoffs.
  • Toronto claimed the season series 3-1:
    • Week 5: HAM 32 – TOR 19 in the Labour Day Classic
    • Week 6: TOR 17 – HAM 16 in Toronto
    • Week 10: TOR 24 – HAM 23 in Hamilton
    • Week 15: TOR 31 – HAM 12 in Toronto
  • Ryan Dinwiddie will be making his postseason head coaching debut.
  • Orlondo Steinauer won his first two playoff games: in 2019 against Edmonton and in 2021 against Montreal
  • This will be McLeod Bethel-Thompson’s first playoff start. He is 2-3 as a starter against Hamilton.
  • Hamilton’s Jeremiah Masoli will be making his sixth career start in the playoffs and has a 3-2 record. Masoli has a record of 6-3 versus the Argonauts in his career.
  • In four games this season against Hamilton, Kurleigh Gittens Jr. recorded 23 receptions for 283 yards and two touchdowns. On defence, Shawn Oakman had four sacks.
  • Hamilton’s Tim White notched 318 receiving yards on 16 catches (19.9 yards per catch) and a touchdown against Toronto this season. Defensively, Simoni Lawrence accumulated 21 tackles, a sack and a pick-six.

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Sadly, one of these teams is going to "earn" a spot in the GC. 

Give it to the TiCats, so at least the league won't have to pretend that anyone really cares about the Argos. 

Are you sure that you just don't want the Ticats because they're softer? Or because you're concerned that The Argonauts will make it 7-0?

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

Are you sure that you just don't want the Ticats because they're softer? Or because you're concerned that The Argonauts will make it 7-0?

Sorry brother...you know I got much love for ya.....but any team with MacBeth as their starting QB should not scare anyone on the planet. To steal a line from Avengers "That guy is a bag of cats...you can SMELL crazy on him..." 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah I just don't believe that 3 last names as qb is the recipe for playoff success in the cfl... maybe if they had kept Arbuckle.

"That's not a QB, that's a law firm"

1 minute ago, bluto said:

3 weeks off is a lot of healed bumps and bruises.

Welcome back Bluto!  Any idea what rock Zontar has been hiding under?  Love your siggie too...lol...

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Welcome back Bluto!  Any idea what rock Zontar has been hiding under?  Love your siggie too...lol...

Thanks my man. Haven't the foggiest about that guy's current whereabouts. I'd just reckoned that this might be a week that he stumbles through here.

7 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I would pick the Argos but the East is impossible to predict this year.

Argo starters have basically been sitting for 3 weeks as well. 

The stadium will probably be at least 50% Ticat fans.

I have no idea.

Is it even possible for the Argos to even have to field advantage while playing at BMO? This could bite Toronto in the ass and I can see Hamilton taking this one by a couple TDs,if they don't blow Toronto out then I think the Argos win by something like a last minute field goal at most.....Hell,the way the east went this year I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal still had a chance somehow lol

Edited by Nolby