Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

Back in the 80's I once saw someone throw a bottle out of the upper deck at Canad Inns or Winnipeg Stadium as it was called back then. I had season tickets in the lower grandstand on the East Side in Section V. Somehow the bottle made it to the sidelines just behind the players bench smashing as it hit the ground so no one got hurt.

I just remember the collective gasp of the fans as that glass missile fell out of the sky. That could have killed someone if it hit a fan or player on the back of the head. Everyone looked up & we could see people standing & pointing so security knew who threw it. The person was taken out of the stands by security. People that throw objects need to spend some time in jail to think about their actions, face a heavy fine & a lifetime suspension from Bomber games. 

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Back in the 80's I once saw someone throw a bottle out of the upper deck at Canad Inns or Winnipeg Stadium as it was called back then. I had season tickets in the lower grandstand on the East Side in Section V. Somehow the bottle made it to the sidelines just behind the players bench smashing as it hit the ground so no one got hurt.

I just remember the collective gasp of the fans as that glass missile fell out of the sky. That could have killed someone if it hit a fan or player on the back of the head. Everyone looked up & we could see people standing & pointing so security knew who threw it. The person was taken out of the stands by security. People that throw objects need to spend some time in jail to think about their actions, face a heavy fine & a lifetime suspension from Bomber games. 

I’d agree. How on earth can anyone offer that getting hit by an object is the victims “fault”? 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

You're saying that no player should ever throw a ball into the stands? 🙄 OK Boomer.

I’m pretty sure everyone who read Speedflex’s comment knew he meant thrown in anger/retaliatory.  Please book the next available appointment at your local argument clinic…

0*X2RIVVAY-KPiTVpT

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Well, fellas....we're under 24 hours from the end of the game..... How we feelin round these parts?? Still pretty confident?? I still think we're gonna make a statement and prove we're a generational all time team. Do what 2001 WBB shoulda done. 

Since the Banjo Bowl, I've told my son that we will win the GC. We're just so much better than everyone else. And, sa far, I've been correct. 

I think we'll win tomorrow because we're the best and I don't believe in karma. 

Every Grey Cup we play in is really special. I really enjoy each and every one, and remember them all very clearly. The anticipation and the hope. Even the ones where going into it I knew we were ******. Like against BC and against SSK with no Glenn.

I'm feeling hopeful.

Edited by White Out

On 2021-12-10 at 12:08 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Assuming the complainant is completely credible, which may be too readily accepted here because it’s a Rider on the other side.  “Hey, here’s a fan who chooses to get season tickets behind the opposing bench for the purpose of heckling players all the time (self-admitted) and dresses up in wrestling garb. Seems like a low key, mild mannered person would would never look to start a confrontation with the visiting team, minimize his own behaviour in inciting an incident or exaggerate a player’s  response.”

Hey, I have a picture of me standing beside Anna Kournikova at an autograph signing. Totally proves we are sleeping together!

Look, I am not saying an incident did not happen. Ball likely did go into the stands. I was at the game and did not see anything from my vantage point, and did not hear an auditory uproar from the stands behind the Rider bench which is common when an incident occurs. So being there is not necessarily proof or a way to shout down someone who wasn’t. And being there and not seeing it is not proof it didn’t happen. Lots of fans, big stadium, and the vantage point may only be available to a few select fans.

I’m just skeptical that it happened exactly the way the complainant lays it out. As was said, the victimhood portrayed in the article comes across as a bit rich to believe the throw was a violent as outlined. The kid says he was caught unaware of the throw and his uncle had to jump In to intercept it inches from his unsuspecting face. Yet he perfectly describes the “pro-level” wind-up and hard velocity throw. So did you see it coming or not?

For now, we have one side of the story, and it is self-serving (gets us a picture in the paper and publicly slags those dirty Riders to the media). Gainey’s version denying it would be equally self-serving (protect my reputation, which already has marks against it, and potential liability). I’d like to hear some unbiased third party witnesses or await the league response rather than get the “scoop” from the Freep unverified. But a story slagging the Riders for alleged reprehensible behaviour is red meat to many on this board akin to Trump saying “immigrants bring in drugs and are rapists” to people in MAGA hats. I’m not ready to buy in just yet, that’s just me and that’s all I am explaining in my comments. 

My god you are just the worst