Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Maybe it wouldn't matter as much if their media and fans did not rip/and continue to disparage Harris.

Context matters

I don’t listen to their local media, and I don’t care if they play the homer card -it just reveals their low broadcast standards. I don’t see the national media continually bringing up Harris’ failed test, and you’d be mighty upset if they still did, so why the double standard? In the Grey Cup all they mentioned was hardship and suspension once and talked about his redemption. They didn’t harp on the failed drug test. As for the fans, who cares what they think. Of course they’ll throw stones, just like you have with Leonard all year. Why do you care so much what they have to say, do you honestly expect praise from them?

Don’t let them live rent-free in your head. Their opinion is irrelevant. And you being sore about it is exactly the reaction they want. Don’t give them that satisfaction, it seems foolish to get worked up about it.  

Just my two cents. Do what you wish I guess, but lots of the “Rider fawning media” conspiracy is overblown, and dumping on the fans for exactly the same behaviour displayed against them here comes off as hypocritical. If we want to hold ourselves as a better fan base than the “Gappers”, then let’s act the part. 

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Blue offense: complete some passes downfield early.  I think this is the entire key to the Blue offense, that quick-strike ability. Every one of our receivers caught deep passes this season, even field-side exile Wolitarski. Force the green D to cover the entire field, force them to take men out of the box, leave them shorthanded against our ground assault.

Blue D...play good contain like you would against any mobile QB, don't let Fajardo run around, punish him if he does.  You want a template for this, look at what the Riders did to Streveler in last year's final, he was a beast in the cup and in the semifinal, but the Riders did a great job against him ...  though I bet that Faj has a way deeper playbook than Streveler had so maybe that's not a good example.

question for football people: would it be a good call to dedicate Bighill to spy Fajardo?  We do so many things with Bighill in coverage that it feels like we're giving away a lot to shackle him to the QB like that. Could the spy duties be handled by any other linebacker or even Alexander, who moves around a bunch?  Or is our DL strong enough and disciplined enough to corral the slippery green QB without any special arrangements?

I don’t think you spy Fajardo. A Streveler-type run first QB is one you spy (like Tracy Ham, Damon Allen or earlier Henry Burris) but Fajardo still wants to throw first. Prevent the scrambles with contain, but no need to guard against him running in every play. If he changes his M.O. and starts to utilize the run as a regular option, easy enough to switch to a “spy” scheme then. 

18 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Rider fans seem to think Harris playing will be a non factor…. Yet Harris ran for almost the same amount of yards as Fajardo, Powell and Harker combined ran against us in two games. I’ll take a healthy fresh Harris with a mix of Olive and August over anything they trot out. 

Rider fans seem to forget how much Harris levels up in the playoffs. That guy brings it when it's win or go home. He is the type of player that will put the team on his back if he has to. I think we are fine if Harris can't go, but the emotional lift that Harris playing will bring to the offence can't be overstated and it is something the Rider fans should be praying doesn't happen on Sunday. He plays his best games in the big games....and when he's at his best....even in an off season like the one he just had....he's an MOP calibre player.

On 2021-12-01 at 6:25 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

The best offensive line in the CFL & second isn't even close. 

4 All-stars and one who lost on a razor's edge to make it a clean sweep. I'm not sure how the Riders plan to get around that.

4 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Take a look at a geographical map. Farmland is tiny in Manitoba compared to the flatland. Way more combines in Saskyland. Manitoba is mainly rocks, trees and water. 

Im not sure how the farming thing even a insult? Like okay I am really offended sitting in my $600,000 combine harvesting on my farm worth 10 million dollars. Have fun living your "civilized" life.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I wasn't dumping on him, thought I had read he was banged up.

Yes, Micah Johnson did lose his Dad recently. Forget the rivalry. Family is everything. My sympathies to him & his family. Losing a parent is tough. I strill hate the Riders but some things are more important. 

Harris hardly had a off year...had over 600 yards in 6.5 games...and basically no preseason whatsoever before his first 3 weeks into they year...he played the full season...we was rushing leader again..garuanteed.

What he brings is what he sees in games, and how he helps in pass protect....thats huge in a one and done game....plus the emotion he brings...the boys will be fired up in font of a packed house

I want all their players in...as they just aren't good enough as is...so need to make that statement...and not have them out west with their ya but excuses again..Purifoy and Leonard are both good for 1 or 2 dumb penalties in a game, so bring it on...we are a far better team as well than when we played them in the back to backs....healthier...and locked in...and the X factor is we are a team....with no asshats on the roster, and aren't hurt by stupidity and selfishness game in and game out with undisciplined me first type antics....thats something the Green team can't just shut off and not let creep into their game day...it is who they are....

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yes, Micah Johnson did lose his Dad recently. Forget the rivalry. Family is everything. My sympathies to him & his family. Losing a parent is tough. I strill hate the Riders but some things are more important. 

Some things are out of bounds and that would include this. 

I feel for him. 

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Gonna get a 3-day head start on his vacay.

Tell him to start hydrating now.

I just want to see them put their "improved " defense against us. Apparently they've made leaps and bounds since we've last played,what's their newest excuse going to be Sunday?? I sincerely hope we crush them by 50. Fajardo is basically as good as a worn out,end of his career Bo Levi except he can run well. He hasnt shown that he's got the ability to make that next step into the elite,just get decent pressure on him and he's toast.

Edited by Nolby

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Jesus

Even Jesus might give up on trying against Big Stan and da boyz.

1 hour ago, White Out said:

even if AC plays he will obviously be no where near his 100%. I don't care. 

Meh....same song and dance we heard about Cody Vaj's oblique last year. Dicky's lame attempts at mind games.

1 hour ago, stevethe3rd said:

Im not sure how the farming thing even a insult? Like okay I am really offended sitting in my $600,000 combine harvesting on my farm worth 10 million dollars. Have fun living your "civilized" life.

Ok...John Dutton...settle down and quit pretending that the bank doesn't own most of it. Once a farmer truly owns a 10 million dollar farm he sells it.

Edited by GCn20

44 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Oh man RF.com is hilarious. They are trying to think of the last time a team beat another team 3 times in the same year…. All they have to do is look at the Bombers schedule where we beat the Elks 3 times in 4 weeks! 🤣

I believe the poster had suggested that it had never been done in the history of the CFL....lmao

36 minutes ago, Booch said:

Harris hardly had a off year...had over 600 yards in 6.5 games...and basically no preseason whatsoever before his first 3 weeks into they year...he played the full season...we was rushing leader again..garuanteed.

What he brings is what he sees in games, and how he helps in pass protect....thats huge in a one and done game....plus the emotion he brings...the boys will be fired up in font of a packed house

Off year in terms of durability, otherwise he is our 16th all star.

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

Bombers still hold the all-time record beating the Argos 5 times in the 1990 season.

I can think of numerous times teams have been swept 3 times in a season. Pretty sure it happened to us a few times too.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Off year in terms of durability, otherwise he is our 16th all star.

I can think of numerous times teams have been swept 3 times in a season. Pretty sure it happened to us a few times too.

I believe it is more common for a team that has swept the regular season series against another team to win the playoff game as well rather than lose it. Although the Bombers fortunately flipped the script on the Tiger Cats in 2019 after losing both regular season games.